Bills Cut Marcus Stroud

FluffHead

The point being that despite being on the downward slope and playing out of position he was better than whatever else we have. Now if they don't go out and bring in a free agent we'll be relying on a rookie to make an impact. I'm all for improving the team, but wait until you have a replacement before you start trimming the roster.

You could pick up just about any free agent DE to replace that bum - he sucks as a DE. NO loss.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look back over the years, and there are typically a handful or more older vets that get released in February because their teams aren't going to keep them and they don't fit in with future plans. It gives the vets a chance to latch on with a new team before free agency. Try to keep up next time.

There's no point to taking someone you aren't going to keep to training camp, where they'll do nothing but take reps away from the players that WILL be playing for your team next season.

Nice teams finish last. Your argument is the kind of foolish Marv Levery that the Bills used to rationalize cutting ties with good veteran players and then using first round picks to draft inferior knockoffs. Stroud played poorly last season, but they could surely and may still do worse. Especially if they don't position themselves well after the looming lockout. He may be done, or maybe he needs a wake-up call. The possibility of getting cut in camp is grounds for motivation. Remember, as much as we think the man may be done, he is from the same draft class as his former Georgia linemate Richard Seymour who just got another fat payday. It's not a given that Stroud is too old to play well.

The only strong argument for cutting Stroud is either a huge roster bonus or if the Bills think he is just so awful that they could pick up a scrub off any teams last cut list and get the same production as Stroud might provide. Bottom line: get some replacements in place, and then make your cuts.

Nice teams finish last. Your argument is the kind of foolish Marv Levery that the Bills used to rationalize cutting ties with good veteran players and then using first round picks to draft inferior knockoffs. Stroud played poorly last season, but they could surely and may still do worse. Especially if they don't position themselves well after the looming lockout. He may be done, or maybe he needs a wake-up call. The possibility of getting cut in camp is grounds for motivation. Remember, as much as we think the man may be done, he is from the same draft class as his former Georgia linemate Richard Seymour who just got another fat payday. It's not a given that Stroud is too old to play well.

The only strong argument for cutting Stroud is either a huge roster bonus or if the Bills think he is just so awful that they could pick up a scrub off any teams last cut list and get the same production as Stroud might provide. Bottom line: get some replacements in place, and then make your cuts.

the replacements were carrington and troup, now that they are sufficiently happy, the cut was made. they already kept him the extra year. how many replacements do we have to bring in to replace a starter in a completely different system?

the replacements were carrington and troup, now that they are sufficiently happy, the cut was made. they already kept him the extra year. how many replacements do we have to bring in to replace a starter in a completely different system?

You forgot, they extended Chris Kelsay as well. The pipeline is streaming with talent.

You could pick up just about any free agent DE to replace that bum - he sucks as a DE. NO loss.

Agreed. His best years are well behind him now. First season with the Bills was decent but he has been declining ever since.

I knew that his skills were deteriorating and that he was a bad fit for the 3-4…I didn't realize that he was a bum.

I always thought that Stroud was a real classy person, actually.

This had to happen, in my own opinion Stroud stayin would stunt the growth of players like Carrington, and whoever we decide to draft to play end.. Another person said, Kelsay was better at OLB then Stroud at end, I would agree! He earned my respect for tryin his hand at the new position but it wasn't workin for him.. I wish him the best of luck!