Pat Moran:inside source has us taking

BeastMode54

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says the guy who is convinced that Cam Newton will be a failure at the NFL level before said combine and pro days take place. :doh:

i already know he'll fail since QBs that don't know how to read defenses is never successful at the next level. Which is why no option QB never succeeds in the NFL. :thumbsup:

I honestly would be happy with Jordan. Here me out:

- He isnt a running back

- He isnt a corner

- He isnt a WR

- He is built like an NFL player at his position should be built.

- We wouldnt have drafted a huge bust potential QB (like Gabbert/Newton)

- The best T in the draft is a RT and not worthy a top 15 pick so its less of a reach there

- Fairley will likely be gone

- Jordan fits our 34 scheme better than Dareus or Bowers (at least according to the Bills if they make this pick)

- There is no superstar NG or LB to speak of.

- He has the bloodlines

- Very good for a long time -> low bust potential

I still prefer a couple trade backs like everyone else but I wont be too pissed if its Jordan over Dareus or Bowers if he truly is a better fit for the 5 tech. The only problem is the Bills same old staff is making the selection, so odds are he will be a huge bust!

Picking any defensive end at #3 in my opinion is a reach. You need to get an impact, franchise changing player if you pick in the top 3 and unless you are an elite pass rusher, left tackle, or Quarterback. You should not get picked top 3

Suh is a gamechanging pass rushing DT. So I consider him an exception.

Fairley is a lot like Suh and one could easily argue the Bowers and Quinn are elite pass rushers. Thats 3 guys right there that could be considered top picks without much exageration.

Edited by Thoner7

i already know he'll fail since QBs that don't know how to read defenses is never successful at the next level. Which is why no option QB never succeeds in the NFL. :thumbsup:

In other threads you state accuracy can be learned and then say that QBs who can't read defenses coming out of college will never be successful. Are you suggesting that learning to read defenses isn't possible?

Tell me. How do you read a defense?

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I honestly would be happy with Jordan. Here me out:

- He isn’t a running back

- He isn’t a corner

- He isn’t a WR

- He is built like an NFL player at his position should be built.

- We wouldn’t have drafted a huge bust potential QB (like Gabbert/Newton)

- The best T in the draft is a RT and not worthy a top 15 pick – so its less of a reach there

- Fairley will likely be gone

- Jordan fits our 34 scheme better than Dareus or Bowers (at least according to the Bills if they make this pick)

- There is no superstar NG or LB to speak of.

- He has the bloodlines

- Very good for a long time -> low bust potential

I still prefer a couple trade backs like everyone else but I wont be too pissed if its Jordan over Dareus or Bowers if he truly is a better fit for the 5 tech. The only problem is the Bills same old staff is making the selection, so odds are he will be a huge bust!

Fairley is a lot like Suh and one could easily argue the Bowers and Quinn are elite pass rushers. Thats 3 guys right there that could be considered top picks without much exageration.

I think I agree 99.9% on your points. Im not sure I want Jordan that early still, but all your points are valid.

The only thing I would tweak, is I think the an average 34 end doesnt hold considerably more value then a RT. I want to stress the word considerably. I dont think either is a player I want to pick top 5 in an average year, but as things sit we might not have a QB, LT, or pass rusher at 3 that fits the "traditional mold" of what you look for in that pick... if we dont like cam, or quinn, i think its time to look hard and 34 end, and take the best one in the draft. (note, i really see fairley being a top 5 talent as a 43 DT, and not as the best 34 end -- i think he can do it, but i worry it wastes his strengths)

:worthy:

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#14 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- kelly blue book

#4- farmers almanac

#5- nostradamus

#6- TMZ

#7- punxsutawney phil

#8- weatherman

#9- economist

#10- ESPN Insiders

#11- psychic

#12- momma pecoraro

#13- Thurman Thomas

#14- Skooby and sources deep within

First let me say that I believe that our FO already has thier board pretty much done. But you could say that Jordan,Newton,Fairley,JJ Watt, Bowers,Peterson,AJ Green,Dareus,Phil Taylor,Quinn,Gabbert.......... are all possible picks for us at 3. They are all been talked about on here and other blogs. So right now we don't know who they like or don't like at 3. But after all this said I still like reading and talking about who the Bills will take. I like Dareus or Jordan but the FO never calls me and ask me these things.

How did the huge "reach", according to all the so called experts, work out for the Jags with Alualu? :rolleyes:

Based on what my opinion is, that the Bills should draft a QB with the number 3 pick in the draft, I don't care how Alualu worked out for the Jags. In fact, I don't even know who that guy is, nor do I care who that guy is. However, I do know that the Jags also do not have a franchise QB on their team as we speak, so they should be trying to draft one this year too!

:worthy:

#12 - Momma Peccoraro - GENIUS FUNNY! :thumbsup::worthy::w00t:

My only issue with the Spiller pick last year is that they didn't give the chance to entertain offers from other teams by selecting Spiller the minute they were on the board. He was arguable the BPA at the time we picked.

However, if the Bills do indeed select Cam Jordan with the 3rd pick, he is more than arguably NOT the BPA on the board, at it means the Bills are giving away value when they could get a team to trade with them. Why select Cam Jordan at 3, when you can get him at (let's say) 8...even if you don't get full value on the trade chart from 3 to 8, you still get the player you wanted PLUS an extra draft pick or two.

IMHO, the secret to the draft isn't just in scouting talent, but in knowing (or divining or intuiting) what other clubs value as well...and then knowing how to get the most out of your position while still drafting the players you want.

I agree. I've been watching some tape on JJ Watt. He looks like the real deal as well. Just too high for these two guys I think. However, I'd rather take a guy who can play right away than one who needs to be developed. Even if people think the value of the player is worth a mid 1st round pick, I'll take mid 1st round solid production over whiffing in the first round like we have the past decade any day

The problem for the Bills this year is that no player suitable for positions of real need this year rates a number 3 pick. So if the Bills can't trade down, they're going to wind up picking someone we're all going to say is a reach.

Still, Cam Jordan is a great player with those NFL "bloodlines."

But hasn't that been kind of our problem? Maybin's the only real BUST in the past decade. Whitner gave us mid 1st round solid production. The problem was, there was an impact star-level player available at a position we needed (Ngata), and we passed on him to take the solid guy who could play right away.

You just made John McCargo's day. Now he can tell everyone he's not a bust.

IMHO, the secret to the draft isn't just in scouting talent, but in knowing (or divining or intuiting) what other clubs value as well...and then knowing how to get the most out of your position while still drafting the players you want.

....which why teams intentionally leak out all kinds of misinformation before the draft. And the drooling media are all too happy to lap it up and then breathlessly report it to show how "in the know" they are.....and then some fans actually believe what they're hearing.

say huh?

but seriously -- i get that spread option qbs havent succeeded, but i think there are a few things that give me pause.

how well he dropped back from under center in his workout the other day -- if i remember correct many of those qbs, such as tebow, struggled even taking a snap yet alone having footwork, balance, etc.... cam did better then anyone i remember, when you compare those spread option qbs doing shorts workouts after the season.

i havent seen a single snap at blinn, and im curious what he was asked to do there too. just cause i didnt see him do something at auburn doesnt mean he doesnt know how to. i know blinn isnt the SEC, but its something.