Watt is the best 34 end in the draft

Thoner7

Mayock says he just finished watching tape on Watt, and ranked the onetime Central Michigan tight end as the premier 3-4 defensive end in the 2011 class

Read what he said here

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/07/mayock-as-many-as-nine-defensive-ends-could-go-in-the-first/

I didn't know Watt used to play TE at Central Michigan? That would mean he has only plaed D for two or three years. Considering how dominant he was this year, that has to mean his ceiling is very high too. Just another option for a trade back I guess.

Edited by Thoner7

Mayock says he just finished watching tape on Watt, and ranked the onetime Central Michigan tight end as the premier 3-4 defensive end in the 2011 class

Read what he said here

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/07/mayock-as-many-as-nine-defensive-ends-could-go-in-the-first/

I didn't know Watt used to play TE at Central Michigan? That would mean he has only plaed D for two or three years. Considering how dominant he was this year, that has to mean his ceiling is very high too. Just another option for a trade back I guess.

In the "this will never happen department", I hope the Bills trade down 5 or 6 places and pick up an additional 2nd rounder and then draft one of the remaining quality defensive linemen like Dareus.

I personally love watt. Watch the game tape against the osu and he single handedly dominated that game. They moved him all around the line and he was unblockable. However I'm pretty sure wisconsin runs a 43 and on a few of those plays he was a dt. If you haven't seen him yet he is def worth checking out.

As for the tradeback mentioned above he is top 20 material not top 10 (at least according to projections) so he could be had even after multiple trade downs and stockpiling a bunch of picks.

Would be highly against Watt in the 1st or even the 2nd. This is the last guy we need. Dareus or Cam Jordan is what we need.

Would get pushed around just like a Kelsay or Spencer Johnson, he would fare no better. These are grown men in this league, not some true freshman you can dominate at tackle playing against ohio university.

Would be highly against Watt in the 1st or even the 2nd. This is the last guy we need. Dareus or Cam Jordan is what we need.

Would get pushed around just like a Kelsay or Spencer Johnson, he would fare no better. These are grown men in this league, not some true freshman you can dominate at tackle playing against ohio university.

Just wondering what your basis for this opinion is. Really this is the last guy we need?! How much have you watched him play?

Fairley, Bowers, Quinn or Dareus should be the only Defensive picks to consider at #3 (I wouldn't be against AJ Greene as BAP if it happens, but it's not an immediate need).

Also, IF (and it's a big if) they get lucky enough to get a shot at trading down and the D guys they wanted aren't there at #3, trade down and get nose tackle Phil Taylor from Baylor and an extra pick or two to fill more holes with.

Just pray they don't go QB or CB\LB with the 1st pick.

P.S. Wait and see who falls and who rises after the combine and these names may be completely voided\interchangeable, but not the basic approach.

Read what he said here

Not at 3, definitely trade back maybe twice to 7 then 14 :thumbsup:

So, Mayock has the 3-4 DEs ranked:

1. Watt

2. Jordan

3. Heyward

hmmm...

Where does he have Dareus? Arguably the most impressive and versatile in the bunch.

as a DT :doh: Mayock needs to be more versatile in his rankings by allowing some guys to be DT/DE or DE/OLB.

I think Bowers could also easily play 3-4 DE and be on top at that position on this draft board.

no way, would get swallowed up, 43 DE only can't play OLB either, too stiff.

Watt will be a Patriot, mark it down in pen.

great, thanks :thumbdown:

P.S. Wait and see who falls and who rises after the combine and these names may be completely voided\interchangeable, but not the basic approach.

true.

Fairley, Bowers, Quinn or Dareus should be the only Defensive picks to consider at #3 (I wouldn't be against AJ Greene as BAP if it happens, but it's not an immediate need).

Also, IF (and it's a big if) they get lucky enough to get a shot at trading down and the D guys they wanted aren't there at #3, trade down and get nose tackle Phil Taylor from Baylor and an extra pick or two to fill more holes with.

Totally agree, although I may add Cameron Jordan to your list. He's #1 on the 3-4 DE list in my book, not Watt. Wonder what Mayock thinks of Kerrigan.

In regards to the bolded. Why are we trading down to pick a guy who may not even be selected in the 2nd round? Let's not get carried away here. But I do agree that trading down for additional picks is best. Trade down into the mid teens and take Anthony Castonzo or someone that can come in and instantly be an impact player.

Guys that are 6'6" and a hair under 300lbs don't tend to get pushed around by "men" in this league.