Aikman's prerogative

3rdand12

I noticed ( hard not to ) that Joe Buck and Troy dressed each other yesterday. Very nice pink shirts indeed. I thought it ws cute and though at least ONE Bill fan might have a comment?

Aikman has long been rumored to be gay.

Joe Buck definetely looks a little light in the loafers.

I understand Aikman is going thru a divorce

and that his marriage was really always just to "keep up appearances".

Who knows? Just rumors, but It would not surprise anyone.

I think Buck would be the chick in the relationship.

Okay, here's a comment: They're both dullards, their vocal tone is in the same range so there's no contrast (which is tedious on the listener), Buck outright annoys me with his pompous delivery, and neither announcer has an ounce of poetry. Then again, the majority of sports announcers these days are drab non-entities, completely interchangeable cliche-spouting monkeys, Stepford announcers who are unplugged after a game and stored in a closet until the next time they're needed.

But what else should we expect? The whole NFL control and presentation of its "product" has become weirdly plastic, inauthentic and animatronic, a manufactured and staged "production" from top to bottom without heart or soul, all based on market studies and consultant input. One example: A league owned and operated for the benefit of greedy billionaire ego-maniac owners sanctimoniously wrapping itself in faux patriotism with the reading of the Declaration of Independence precisely at a time when it is doing all it can to lower players earnings, increase their work load while ignoring the financial and physical suffering of its many "revered" ex-players. It was as cynical as Al Capone joining the Temperance Union, or the Czar reading the Communist Manifesto.

How's that?

Okay, here's a comment: They're both dullards, their vocal tone is in the same range so there's no contrast (which is tedious on the listener), Buck outright annoys me with his pompous delivery, and neither announcer has an ounce of poetry. Then again, the majority of sports announcers these days are drab non-entities, completely interchangeable cliche-spouting monkeys, Stepford announcers who are unplugged after a game and stored in a closet until the next time they're needed.

But what else should we expect? The whole NFL control and presentation of its "product" has become weirdly plastic, inauthentic and animatronic, a manufactured and staged "production" from top to bottom without heart or soul, all based on market studies and consultant input. One example: A league owned and operated for the benefit of greedy billionaire ego-maniac owners sanctimoniously wrapping itself in faux patriotism with the reading of the Declaration of Independence precisely at a time when it is doing all it can to lower players earnings, increase their work load while ignoring the financial and physical suffering of its many "revered" ex-players. It was as cynical as Al Capone joining the Temperance Union, or the Czar reading the Communist Manifesto.

How's that?

That's good.

I have not been a fan of Buck, he does not seem to stay focused long enough. I have listened to the Buffalo games during video blackouts and i enjoy them much more and would always listen to play if it were not for the lag or delay.

I had heard that Aikman did admit to his preference and seeing them all poofed up ithought maybe they are going to have some fun and be a liitle silly at least today.

Still seemed droneful.

Yes sir that is what i would describe as a Comment...ary!:smile

"Diva" national anthem...check!

Heavy promo of "Glee" airing after the Superbowl...check!

Black Eyed Peas halftime show...check!

Pink shirts...check!

We may need an AC/DC halftime show next year to inject some testosterone back into this game...AC/DC means what?!...oh never mind

I could not agree more on the painfully dull Aikman and Buck. They are the most heartless broadcast duo in football today. The only thing worse is the World Series with Buck and an even more droll and pompous Tim McCarver. I can't even watch it anymore. It's the Fox way - pandering to the lowest common denominator of humanity.

I will disagree, though, that all sports announcers are this way. It's really just football and baseball that have this problem. Basketball and especially hockey still have some great personalities doing play-by-play on both the national and local level (see: Rick Jeanneret).

How's that?

Truth.

I could not agree more on the painfully dull Aikman and Buck. They are the most heartless broadcast duo in football today. The only thing worse is the World Series with Buck and an even more droll and pompous Tim McCarver. I can't even watch it anymore. It's the Fox way - pandering to the lowest common denominator of humanity.

I will disagree, though, that all sports announcers are this way. It's really just football and baseball that have this problem. Basketball and especially hockey still have some great personalities doing play-by-play on both the national and local level (see: Rick Jeanneret).

At least ESPN got rid of Joe Morgan ("you see he's got a lot of movement on that ball. What you need is movement." "they cannot beat them by outscoring them." "If I can put runs on the board, it will make my pitcher more comfortable, so I believe in lineups." "But it's always hard to speculate on what someone would or would not do.")

I think Aikman has the best insights of any color announcer on TV, hands down. He breaks down plays, gives honest and unbiased criticism, and often sees situations as they are happening. Buck and Aikman are the best duo in football right now and we're lucky to have gotten them for the SB.

Well someone had to take their side. I think Aikman sounds like he knows the business that is for sure. But they do sound they are looking at a live graphing display that goes to red if the decibels or octaves in their voices go off the narrow band.

" sorry Troy i almost got a little enthusiastic there "" thats ok little fella i caught you, now lets review some stats from Bens high school pep squad and talk about what Fox has for us at halftime" " "ok Troy sounds good, but first another commercial about how Doritos can cause spontaneous finger sucking and heck who doesnt like a good Dorito now and again?" " "Ok Joe, lets take a break and i'll get us a dorito, extra cheesy... oh it looks like Stark is about to score using the 1932 triple whipback used once by the oregon varmints in a crosscut variant surprise play that won them the game for the state title" In the background we here a first time enthusiastic Buck " hey i think i found them"

You post should now be short lived so copy and paste quickly for postereriorsity.

/:}

How's that?

Nice job capturing my feelings.

I can't stand the way patriotism is abused. They wrap themselves up in the flag the way a country singer might write a bunch of "Odes to A-merica" in hopes of scoring a hit.

It plays/pays well in the heartland , no?

I think Aikman has the best insights of any color announcer on TV, hands down. He breaks down plays, gives honest and unbiased criticism, and often sees situations as they are happening. Buck and Aikman are the best duo in football right now and we're lucky to have gotten them for the SB.

Cowboy fan.

How's that?

Pretty Hard to Argue Any of This, Very Insightful, well thought out, humorous, but right on the money.

How's that?

Fantastic post. Reminds me of the quote "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." It's as insincere as flap pin controversies. Did Reagan, Ike, FDR or Lincoln wear flap lapel pins daily?---no, but now it's as much standard politician look as helmet hair. Patriotism is real, like getting chills hearing Ray Charles sing America, or Whitney doing the national anthem, or watching the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. It's how you felt after 9-11. It shouldn't be exploited as a PR gimmick. I hate to see it become cheap and gaudy like a 3 dollar piece of chinese jewelry or some fat slob in a stars and stripes and eagles t-shirt riding a hoveround at Walmart.

And I could give a crap who's wearing pink or who may or may not be gay, but then again I'm not 14 anymore.