in Maybin Defense

i truely believe in the right system and coaching Maybin can be an outstandling Football player...but he came to a unstable situation....he has too much raw talent not be effective...Rex Ryan,Tomlin,Billicek,Fisher ect..would have had that guy in a system where he'd get 10 sacks a season... he's not being used correctly...and then soo much pressure from the city and the media calling him a bust and he is just turning 22?...expecting him to be our savior... rather than a 20 year old football player that needed time to develop...

I believe he's have a solid season....

Rex Ryan has not been able to get a Top-5 pick (Gholston) on the playing field. I don't understand how you believe he would have done wonders with Maybin.

Tomlin and Dick Lebeaus defense becomes very average when POlamalu cannot play.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing guys we passed playing great football. We took Maybin. We chose not to take Oher, Matthews, Orakpo, Cushing. Those guys were all being considered. They were all passed for a guy who can't even play football. The others have been studs. There's no excuse for the drafting of these idiots. We chose Losman over Polamalu. Pittsburgh keeps taking guys like Pouncey. What about New England with Mankin? The list goes on and on. It's hard to get worked up about the draft any more. Even Spiller over Bulaga was a joke.

He is very explosive..no denying that, he was only 21 when drafted...very raw so there is still time before he becomes an absolute bust. A very bad draft pick..cant argue with that either. I dont see him putting his hand down and becoming a effective DE, once an NFL olinemen puts a hand on him he his like the Magna Carta....history..Linebacker is new for him but he has shown absolutely nothing, cant provide pressure and is lost in coverage, he cant even use his speed to be on kickoff or punt coverage. I really hate the praise you put on coaches...Billicek inherited a superbowl contending Parcells team and accidentally found Tom Brady (count the championships since he was busted for spygate..its 0).. Tomlin almost the same scenario from Cowher taking over with a franchise QB and arguably the best D in football. Rex Ryan was handed a very good defense and one of the best olines in football. Fisher? the guy has put together as many average seasons as any coach out there, Granted they all can manage a game better than some of the disasters we have had, Williams, Mularky, and Jauron.

BB did not in inherit a Parcell's suberbowl contending team. Parcell's left in 1995 and BB was not hired until 2000.

He inherited a declining 8-8 team from Pete Carrol and run by an idiot GM named Bobby Grier, that was stuffed with overpaid under performing players. He was over the cap and cut a lot of veteran players with high salaries. He did not even have a 1st round choice that year. The best thing he did that year was to eliminate Bobby Grier. He went 5 - 10 that year and built a team with smart choices and good FA pickups.

Edited by dogbyte

I keep seeing guys we passed playing great football. We took Maybin. We chose not to take Oher, Matthews, Orakpo, Cushing. Those guys were all being considered. They were all passed for a guy who can't even play football. The others have been studs. There's no excuse for the drafting of these idiots. We chose Losman over Polamalu. Pittsburgh keeps taking guys like Pouncey. What about New England with Mankin? The list goes on and on. It's hard to get worked up about the draft any more. Even Spiller over Bulaga was a joke.

Brudda?

I'd love to feel more optimistic with Nix/Whaley/Gailey

Then I think... Kelsay extension? Cornell Green?

i truely believe in the right system and coaching Maybin can be an outstandling Football player...but he came to a unstable situation....he has too much raw talent not be effective...Rex Ryan,Tomlin,Billicek,Fisher ect..would have had that guy in a system where he'd get 10 sacks a season... he's not being used correctly...and then soo much pressure from the city and the media calling him a bust and he is just turning 22?...expecting him to be our savior... rather than a 20 year old football player that needed time to develop...

I believe he's have a solid season....

I'm assuming you meant 10 tackles a season?