DRAFT WATCH

tombstone56

As the scouting process starts a draftee's rating changes ,PURDUE'S Ryan Kerrigan once a late first at best is now a mid first rounder possibly even earlier.How this affect the BILLS is this. CAL'S CAMERON JORDAN and WISCONSIN JJ WATTS are currently rated by many scouts ahead of both BOWERS and DAREUS as a 3-4 DE . What that sets up as a no lose trade down scenario for the BILLS.. If they do trade down to the 8-10 range they could conceivably still get DAREUS ,JORDAN ,OR WATTS,and get multiple picks to go with that at least additional 2nd this year trade value is worth much more than that yet. AJ GREEN,PETERSON,QUINN,AMUKAMURA and a possibly a QB are in that same rating or higher .That gives the BILLS options ,and a trade-down might not be such a bad idea.

my current 1-10 ,NOT WHERE THEYRE CHOSEN,, BUT RATED.,,PETERSON ,FAIRLY, BOWERS, AMUKAMURA, JONES, QUINN, GREEN, JORDAN, DAREUS, WATTS.

In order to trade down, you need a partner who greatly desires to move up. I don't know enough about the needs of the teams further down the list. Perhaps some of you do. So, who do you think is deserving of being picked #3 overall, and which team(s) further down the list would be willing to make to swap to get him?

In order to trade down, you need a partner who greatly desires to move up. I don't know enough about the needs of the teams further down the list. Perhaps some of you do. So, who do you think is deserving of being picked #3 overall, and which team(s) further down the list would be willing to make to swap to get him?

AJ Green and Cleveland if they want to get ahead Cincinnati , QB Newton or Blain and Washington must Jump ahead of SF and Arizona , Peterson and Detroit

Yes I agree, I believe AJ Green and Patrick Peterson are going to be two majorly hot players when our pick rolls around, and unless we have something in mind at that time there will definitely be teams willing to move up. Too bad the Pats will get great players no matter what they do, because I would love to have their top two picks.

Yes I agree, I believe AJ Green and Patrick Peterson are going to be two majorly hot players when our pick rolls around, and unless we have something in mind at that time there will definitely be teams willing to move up. Too bad the Pats will get great players no matter what they do, because I would love to have their top two picks.

Green, Peterson but also there are at least five teams in desperate need of a QB (ARI, SF, Titians, Washington, Minn,) - in other years these teams may have signed a vet QB before the draft but with no CBA there's going to be an uncertainty factor that may have some team reach for a QB.

As the scouting process starts a draftee's rating changes ,PURDUE'S Ryan Kerrigan once a late first at best is now a mid first rounder possibly even earlier.How this affect the BILLS is this. CAL'S CAMERON JORDAN and WISCONSIN JJ WATTS are currently rated by many scouts ahead of both BOWERS and DAREUS as a 3-4 DE . What that sets up as a no lose trade down scenario for the BILLS.. If they do trade down to the 8-10 range they could conceivably still get DAREUS ,JORDAN ,OR WATTS,and get multiple picks to go with that at least additional 2nd this year trade value is worth much more than that yet. AJ GREEN,PETERSON,QUINN,AMUKAMURA and a possibly a QB are in that same rating or higher .That gives the BILLS options ,and a trade-down might not be such a bad idea.

my current 1-10 ,NOT WHERE THEYRE CHOSEN,, BUT RATED.,,PETERSON ,FAIRLY, BOWERS, AMUKAMURA, JONES, QUINN, GREEN, JORDAN, DAREUS, WATTS.

Here is a silly question, what specific team is going to want to trade up for what specific player for what specific reason?

Here is a silly question, what specific team is going to want to trade up for what specific player for what specific reason?

AJ Green and Cleveland if they want to get ahead Cincinnati , QB Newton or Blain and Washington must Jump ahead of SF and Arizona , Peterson and Detroit

Green, Peterson but also there are at least five teams in desperate need of a QB (ARI, SF, Titians, Washington, Minn,) - in other years these teams may have signed a vet QB before the draft but with no CBA there's going to be an uncertainty factor that may have some team reach for a QB.

With the abundance of D linemen in this draft no team will trade for any of the linemen early on. IF Green is still on the board after Buff draft Cincinnati will take him. (This is only by what I have read on many mock drafts and news). Cleveland desperately wants him. Again what I have read. IF by some miracle both Green and Peterson are on the board. Buff will be in a very enviable position. If they have no mind to take either one of these players. Personally I think the cubbard at 1 bills drive is bare of rare and special talent. I think that they should take one or the other of the two players. From a positional need Peterson makes much more sense. From a talent standpoint. Green might be the most talented player in this draft. So if Buffalo makes a trade in this round with Cleveland for the number 5 pick and gets a 2nd this year and a 3rd or 4th next year. Buffalo might very well get to take the player they wanted after all in Peterson and aquire more draft picks at the same time. If they could pull this off, our front office might be more competent than we think.

With the abundance of D linemen in this draft no team will trade for any of the linemen early on. IF Green is still on the board after Buff draft Cincinnati will take him. (This is only by what I have read on many mock drafts and news). Cleveland desperately wants him. Again what I have read. IF by some miracle both Green and Peterson are on the board. Buff will be in a very enviable position. If they have no mind to take either one of these players. Personally I think the cubbard at 1 bills drive is bare of rare and special talent. I think that they should take one or the other of the two players. From a positional need Peterson makes much more sense. From a talent standpoint. Green might be the most talented player in this draft. So if Buffalo makes a trade in this round with Cleveland for the number 5 pick and gets a 2nd this year and a 3rd or 4th next year. Buffalo might very well get to take the player they wanted after all in Peterson and aquire more draft picks at the same time. If they could pull this off, our front office might be more competent than we think.

Teams trade up because there is a dearth of talent at a position of need.

Julio Jones is arguably just as good or better than AJ Green.

Prince is arguably just as good or better than Patrick Peterson.

Its also doubtful that Mike Holmgren trades up to draft a WR. Taking a perimeter player, like a WR or CB, that early is a risky move, trading up to take a WR, or CB is even riskier. Especially with major ??? at QB.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Watch Cleveland trying to get up from number 6 to draft AJ Green. They need a number 1 WR badly. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Green linked to the Bills in rumors as the draft gets closer and the Bills would be the ones starting them.

Edited by purple haze

Watch Cleveland trying to get up from number 6 to draft AJ Green. They need a number 1 WR badly. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Green linked to the Bills in rumors as the draft gets closer and the Bills would be the ones starting them.

Why wouldn't they just stand pat and take the arguably better Julio Jones?

Why wouldn't they just stand pat and take the arguably better Julio Jones?

Because they arguably have Green rated much higher?

You are correct, there has to be someone somebody wants, but you never know who a team is going to fall in love with. There are an abundance (relatively speaking) of good D ends & D tackles in this draft. CB is also deep (but fewer 'elite' prospects). We'd more likely find a partner if we were slotted a few picks back, but what if somebody has to have a specific guy? All it takes is one.

The other scenario is two teams wanting the same player. Our best hope would be that a couple teams are interested in Green or Peterson. That may open the door for Buffalo to trade back a bit.

Some people hate the thought of trading back, but without a QB to take at 3 and several ends and tackles available we can trade back and still get an immediate starter...if somebody behind us gets itchy. We need picks, picks, picks. (then we have to make the right choices)

Because they arguably have Green rated much higher?

You are correct, there has to be someone somebody wants, but you never know who a team is going to fall in love with. There are an abundance (relatively speaking) of good D ends & D tackles in this draft. CB is also deep (but fewer 'elite' prospects). We'd more likely find a partner if we were slotted a few picks back, but what if somebody has to have a specific guy? All it takes is one.

The other scenario is two teams wanting the same player. Our best hope would be that a couple teams are interested in Green or Peterson. That may open the door for Buffalo to trade back a bit.

Some people hate the thought of trading back, but without a QB to take at 3 and several ends and tackles available we can trade back and still get an immediate starter...if somebody behind us gets itchy. We need picks, picks, picks. (then we have to make the right choices)

I'm all for a tradeback but it seems as likely as Jim Kelly buying the Bills which would be not likely at all.