ATDHE.net and channelsurfing.net seized by government

Fezmid

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ICE and Homeland Security? What the hell do these sites have to do with international terrorists? This country is becoming a nickel and dime police state, only interested in safeguarding the interests of corporate entities and caring not at all for the plight of the middle class. They'd love dearly to wrest control of the internet, or monitor it without warrant. Free speech is under attack by corporate interests and their big media lackeys, all supported by uncle big brother.

I liked when the DOH announced 'criminal' proceedings from Disney headquarters.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110201/10252412910/homeland-security-seizes-spanish-domain-name-that-had-already-been-declared-legal.shtml

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110201/17584712915/will-homeland-security-domain-seizures-lead-to-exodus-us-controlled-domains.shtml

It's nice that they're driving the innovation outside of the US to make businesses who can't adapt and try to legislate an outdated business plan warm and fuzzy.

Hey they make you wear your seat belt when you have the right to go through the window of your own car and they say this is for your safety. Has nothing at all to do with the 100$ they take from your wallet. TEA! Government wants nothing more than just handcuff us to there laws and hope we dont talk back. USA talked back last election day but they needed to do more! Cant let them keep taking our rights.

Wonder if I will go to gitmo for providing that link? Why don't the networks get with it and provide their programing online? Hits=advertising dollars. Maybe they should ask Google about that.

B-I-N-G-O and bingo was his name-o.

Instead of fighting the futile war they need to adopt to change and see where the RIAA screwed up.

They didn't get the ones I use yet, :thumbsup: for now.

There was legislation that makes this legal, it is just dumb ppl find ways man, ppl find ways. Probation is not an answer, just regulating the unregulatable, just wait til they get that turn the net off switch law they are pushing for. Welcome to Egypt.

I'm honestly SHOCKED it took this long. Blatant copyright infringement. They almost celebrated it.

Here we go... Yeah, it's TERRIBLE of the government to crack down on those who openly steal intellectual property.

Land of the Free? I hear flights to Egypt are real cheap if you're so upset.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying about copyright infringement...

But the "love it or leave it" argument is ridiculous.... Especially in this country.

There are tons of sites out there. I remember when SSupload.com got shutdown, I was pretty bummed I might not get to watch free movies anymore. Since then I have came across countless other sites to watch free movies, shows, concerts, etc. on that don't have commercials like Hulu. Same goes for the sports, you can find plenty of p2p sites to catch sports on. Being in NC you don't really get to watch Buffalo sports.(Tangent warning)Even when Bills games were on this year, when they went to overtime every single time they would cut it off (with the exception of the Pittsburgh game) because they "ran out of time" but you know if it was New England, Indy, Green Bay, or any other contender they games would have stayed on. Anyways, places like Justin TV and MyP2P might get shutdown but soon after there will be another site to take its place.

After reading this thread, I'm still shocked that there are some on the board who say that I have no respect for intellectual property... :rolleyes:

B-I-N-G-O and bingo was his name-o.

Instead of fighting the futile war they need to adopt to change and see where the RIAA screwed up.

They have adopted and changed their business plans... There are any number of ways to watch TV and movies online now. You can stream games through to your Sprint phone (according to the commercials during NFL games, anyway). You can watch games with DirecTV's streaming service. You can watch movies/TV shows through Hulu, Netflix, Blockbuster Online. You can stream the NBC game of the week online. The difference is people in this thread want to be able to watch them for *free.*.

The RIAA screwed up by trying to shut the digital doors completely, but TV/movies haven't really done that - there are options.