What should we do for the QB position?

We draft a QB to replace Brohm, consider PS'ing Brown or trading him and/or look for a FA to bring in. If Carson Palmer would be willing to sit on the bench I would be willing to bring him in for 2nd string money. I would like to see us head in to camp with 5 QB's, Fitz, Brohm, Brown, a FA, and a mid-to-late round draftee. I am not opposed to Ponder, if he makes it to the 3rd, after seeing some of the Senior Bowl but I would not like to start him any time soon.

If we think we have a rough problem, Miami is in a much worse place. They know they need a QB. They have no clear cut options with their draft pick to land a good QB. Picking 15th they may not have a chance to get Locker and may have to draft Newton, or worse, spend the pick on Ponder early. They would probably like to put in some claims for Palmer or Kolb but might not be able to afford either unless contracts are restructured.

As far as the Bills, I wouldn't waste our breath on QB. On offense our priorities go in order: TE, OT, WR, RB. I would like us to sign a guy who can do what Darick Holmes used to do, give us a big body to change up and break the middle once in a while.

Draft a Qb or make a move for Flacco, theres alot of talk about him being really upset they let Zorn go as a QB coach and he takes it as the team believing he had a bad year

Kolb hasn't impressed me as much as the Eagles (like my opinion compares) but i don't know if he's as good as they believe and worth a bunch of picks.

As for Young, the only thing that would bother me is giving up something for someone who will be cut eventually, and has been rumored to have a very poor attitude and he isn't a leader. He's definitly shown he can win, but he is a big risk because of his atitude

This is a good year to draft a QB because we have Fitz to start the year with and allow the Qb to sit and learn instead of throwing them into the fire. The question is weither or not theres someone worth taking at #3 or is it better to wait a round or 2.

I always question those that always say no to drafting a QB in round one, and say they have to draft another position #1, like its the only right move to make and those players are never bust and are guaranteed. How come you can always draft a QB (the most important position on the field) later in the draft, but a Tackle (offence or defence), or LB can only be found in the 1st?

We draft a QB to replace Brohm, consider PS'ing Brown or trading him and/or look for a FA to bring in. If Carson Palmer would be willing to sit on the bench I would be willing to bring him in for 2nd string money. I would like to see us head in to camp with 5 QB's, Fitz, Brohm, Brown, a FA, and a mid-to-late round draftee. I am not opposed to Ponder, if he makes it to the 3rd, after seeing some of the Senior Bowl but I would not like to start him any time soon.

If we think we have a rough problem, Miami is in a much worse place. They know they need a QB. They have no clear cut options with their draft pick to land a good QB. Picking 15th they may not have a chance to get Locker and may have to draft Newton, or worse, spend the pick on Ponder early. They would probably like to put in some claims for Palmer or Kolb but might not be able to afford either unless contracts are restructured.

As far as the Bills, I wouldn't waste our breath on QB. On offense our priorities go in order: TE, OT, WR, RB. I would like us to sign a guy who can do what Darick Holmes used to do, give us a big body to change up and break the middle once in a while.

I like your order for the offense, but we have to address the QB position IMO... Let it be late round, trade or FA. I'm not saying Kolb or Young are the answer though. It would be cool to see Fitz and Palmer reunite. What FA QB's are out there this year?

Draft a Qb or make a move for Flacco, theres alot of talk about him being really upset they let Zorn go as a QB coach and he takes it as the team believing he had a bad year

Kolb hasn't impressed me as much as the Eagles (like my opinion compares) but i don't know if he's as good as they believe and worth a bunch of picks.

As for Young, the only thing that would bother me is giving up something for someone who will be cut eventually, and has been rumored to have a very poor attitude and he isn't a leader. He's definitly shown he can win, but he is a big risk because of his atitude

This is a good year to draft a QB because we have Fitz to start the year with and allow the Qb to sit and learn instead of throwing them into the fire. The question is weither or not theres someone worth taking at #3 or is it better to wait a round or 2.

I always question those that always say no to drafting a QB in round one, and say they have to draft another position #1, like its the only right move to make and those players are never bust and are guaranteed. How come you can always draft a QB (the most important position on the field) later in the draft, but a Tackle (offence or defence), or LB can only be found in the 1st?

I understand your point about the QB. I think with the #3 pick we shouldn't pick a QB. We will have the the 2nd pick in the 2nd round. There should be a QB to get. Maybe an awesome TE...

I like your order for the offense, but we have to address the QB position IMO... Let it be late round, trade or FA. I'm not saying Kolb or Young are the answer though. It would be cool to see Fitz and Palmer reunite. What FA QB's are out there this year?

2011 UFA and RFA QB's

Most of them provide a better option then a drafted QB, many will be resigned, some will be out of our price range, and others will become available after cuts.

I mention each as only a backup to Fitz.

Some of the highlights: Kyle Boller (Raiders), Bulger (Ravens), Bruce Gradkowski (Raiders), Kevin Kolb (Eagles), Jim Sorgi (Giants)

Some that garner thought: Kerry Collins (Titans), Chad Pennington (Dolphins), Brodie Croyle (Chiefs), Seneca Wallace (Browns)

Some that are still worth mentioning: John Beck (Redskins), Luke McCown (Jacksonville), Patrick Ramsey (Vikings), Rex Grossman (Redskins), Matt Moore (Panthers), Troy Smith (49ers), Alex Smith (49ers), Sage Rosenfels (Giants), JaMarcus Russell (UFA)

Unlikely to be available: Matt Hasselbeck (Seahawks), Peyton Manning (Colts), Michael Vick (Eagles)

Also: Carson Palmer (Bengals) will be available via trade.

None of those provide a more confident starter then Fitzy.

2011 UFA and RFA QB's

Most of them provide a better option then a drafted QB, many will be resigned, some will be out of our price range, and others will become available after cuts.

Some of the highlights: Kyle Boller (Raiders), Bulger (Ravens), Bruce Gradkowski (Raiders), Kevin Kolb (Eagles), Jim Sorgi (Giants)

Some that garner thought: Kerry Collins (Titans), Chad Pennington (Dolphins), Brodie Croyle (Chiefs), Seneca Wallace (Browns)

Some that are still worth mentioning: John Beck (Redskins), Luke McCown (Jacksonville), Patrick Ramsey (Vikings), Rex Grossman (Redskins), Matt Moore (Panthers), Troy Smith (49ers), Alex Smith (49ers), Sage Rosenfels (Giants), JaMarcus Russell (UFA)

Unlikely to be available: Matt Hasselbeck (Seahawks), Peyton Manning (Colts), Michael Vick (Eagles)

Thanks for the link..

We could get Losman or Edwards back.. :wallbash:

unless Flaco comes with their defense what the heck are you going to do with him

I'll be the one to ask and can't wait for the mixed opinions... With Kolb allowed to be shopped and Youngs future is unknown, do we take one of these guys or do we stick to the draft for the QB position?

Sign a veteran backup. Let Fitz play out next year . If he does better than this year , great , if not , put together a huge package and draft Luck.

I am not infavor of taking any of the QB's coming out this year with the #3 pick as they are not worth it talent wise. Now If Luck were there it would be a different story. I like Fitz and think we can go far with him but, Luck is an exceptional talent. The 49'ers took their "franchise QB", that so many on the board are begging for this year, a few years ago. How is that working out for them? Just because you played QB in college and did well doesn't mean you will cut it in the NFL. I hope they find a player, no make that several players that successfully fill some of our glaring holes this draft.

We should hope and pray we have a shot at Luck next year (not saying tank it, just saying maybe he falls in teh draft, maybe we can swing a trade up, maybe we tank it all on our own, who knows)

I think he falls in the Draft. He was this years hot item and missed his shot at number one (Like Locker last year). People will be all over him next year looking for any flaws, and having a new head coach will cause him some problems. If he falls, we should grab him. I also like the idea of getting Kolb if he can be had for a 3rd rounder or later. He is a good QB.

Edited by RyanC883

2011 UFA and RFA QB's

I'd gladly take Bulger, Wallace, Grossman, Rosenfels, or Pennington to be our backup...and keep brown at #3.

Stick with Fitz and use draft picks to fix much bigger problems.

Teams like the Jets, Ravens and Bears would be just as good with Fitz at QB.

I think that's the right way to go, and also think Nix will do just that.

Wouldn't be totally shocked if they still took Mallett, but he's probably a bit of a ' reach ' at #3 overall - I'm now expecting they'll take Ponder on day 2.

Edited by The Senator

I think that's the right way to go, and also think Nix will do just that.

Wouldn't be totally shocked if they still took Mallett, but he's probably a bit of a ' reach ' at #3 overall - I'm now expecting they'll take Ponder on day 2.

By day two do you mean rounds 2-3?

Rd. 1: Thursday, April 28

Rds. 2-3: Friday, April 29

Rds. 4-7: Saturday, April 30

I love the new way of doing this, it makes it so much more exciting somehow.

By day two do you mean rounds 2-3?

Rd. 1: Thursday, April 28

Rds. 2-3: Friday, April 29

Rds. 4-7: Saturday, April 30

I love the new way of doing this, it makes it so much more exciting somehow.

Yes I'm thinking round 3, and I also like the new draft format - some have opined that it will help the Bills to have the time to regroup before that crucial 2nd day and that crucial #34-overall pick. IMO, the extra time to regroup yet again before day 3 and the Bills' two round-4 picks is also a HUGE plus.

Link - Bills well versed on Ponder

The Bills coaching staff has had the chance all week to get to know the 52 players on the South team roster, but there was one guy they didn’t have to do quite as much homework on. That’s because Florida State’s Christian Ponder is someone Chan Gailey and offensive coordinator Curtis Modkins have known since the quarterback was in high school...“I recruited Christian out of high school so I’ve known him for a long time,” said Gailey...“We had a prior relationship,” admitted Ponder. ”When he was the coach at Georgia Tech they recruited me pretty hard and they were probably my second choice next to Florida State. I actually had a good relationship with Coach Modkins. He was the guy that recruited me personally. It’s good to work with them finally and it’s a pretty unique situation.”

Edited by The Senator