CNNSI Mock Draft

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds about right.

It's probably the only realistic way the Bills could completely butcher the pick.

Even if you go by "best player available," AJ Green is the pick. I wasn't even shocked about the Spiller pick, but I would be stunned and floored if Buddy went anywhere but D. If they can FIND a trade partner to get Von Miller 2-3 spots down or even if they just take Dareus. Qb won't be taken until 3 or lower...write it down.

My money, they take Dareus bc people won't or won't have to trade up bc of the new finances of the CBA and there is enough talent where teams are slotted originally. :flirt:

I love all the "trust in Buddy and Chan" crap posted here on a daily basis, but if the Bills select a QB at #3 overall, the pick would be one of the all-time worst.

If Cooter and Co. grade Gabbert and/or Newton high enough to warrant the #3 overall pick, then who am I to argue. After all, the first year was such a success, how can they have anything but my 100% backing. <_<

None of this year's crop of QBs is worthy of 1st round consideration yet this mock has them flying off the shelf.

The Bills need defensive help and with the exception of Green, defense is the strongest position in this rather weak draft.

I would be ok with them going for Cameron Jordan or Robert Quinn at 3rd, then grab one of the 2nd tier LB or DEs in the second depending on which they address in the first.

Unless the brass feels that they really need an upgrade at Safety and are certain to let Whitner walk. If that is the case they will probably reach for one early in the 2nd. There is a bigger drop-off at safety than at LB or DE once you get to the 2nd - 3rd level of the draft.

None of this year's crop of QBs is worthy of 1st round consideration yet this mock has them flying off the shelf.

The Bills need defensive help and with the exception of Green, defense is the strongest position in this rather weak draft.

I would be ok with them going for Cameron Jordan or Robert Quinn at 3rd, then grab one of the 2nd tier LB or DEs in the second depending on which they address in the first.

Unless the brass feels that they really need an upgrade at Safety and are certain to let Whitner walk. If that is the case they will probably reach for one early in the 2nd. There is a bigger drop-off at safety than at LB or DE once you get to the 2nd - 3rd level of the draft.

Wha Wha What?

Newton and Mallet 1st round locks. Yo-Gabba-Gabbert might go first too and its even possible that a bad scouting department bites on Locker, but he is most likely going 3rd round.

That statement is really taking the anti-Newtite rhetoric to new heights.

This is a good QB class.

2012 after Luck is total garbage.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Even if you go by "best player available," AJ Green is the pick. I wasn't even shocked about the Spiller pick, but I would be stunned and floored if Buddy went anywhere but D. If they can FIND a trade partner to get Von Miller 2-3 spots down or even if they just take Dareus. Qb won't be taken until 3 or lower...write it down.

My money, they take Dareus bc people won't or won't have to trade up bc of the new finances of the CBA and there is enough talent where teams are slotted originally. :flirt:

I am going to come out and go on the record, so if/when we do draft Green/Peterson/Miller

None of those guys are the BPA. They will not be when we pick at #3. When we do draft one of those guys, I know all the lemmings will come out of the woodwork on here going “Green! BPA! AWESOME!!!” and over the course of the next few month it will become law.

This is exactly what happened with Spiller. Spiller was not BPA – that was Dez Bryant. After their rookie year, it is obvious as to why. Bryant also played a position of bigger need. I am so tired of having “Spiller was BPA” getting shoved down my throat, when it was certainly not the case. Gailey says “I want a waterbug RB” Ralph says “we need excitement because we haven’t been exciting in a while” Spiller was a luxury pick, and that’s exactly what Green will be.

Wha Wha What?

Newton and Mallet 1st round locks. Yo-Gabba-Gabbert might go first too and its even possible that a bad scouting department bites on Locker, but he is most likely going 3rd round.

That statement is really taking the anti-Newtite rhetoric to new heights.

This is a good QB class.

2012 after Luck is total garbage.

I disagree. Mallet is certainly not a 1st round lock - I will be extremely suprised if he is drafted in the 1st. Newton prob will because of "potential" and gabbert may too. This year is a very weak class, maybe the weakest in 10 years. Much weaker at this point than the Russell/Quinn debacle.

Honestly, I think Newton may be the only QB that would go before Clausen f this class were sandwiched with last years class.

More nonsense. A lot of these mocks demonstrate the national media isn't paying any attention to Buffalo. Otherwise, they'd realize:

- Chan loves Fitz

- they have a bias to taking "best player available"

So if they don't have an overt agenda to replace Fitz and Gabbert is no where near the best player @ #3, how in the world can you make this projection? :unsure:

My opinion is Dareus in the 1st and then look at Locker in the 3rd, if he's still there. Truth is we do need a long term solution to QB, Locker played in a Pro style offense and with Fitz playing well, there's no need to rush Locker into the mess for a year or two (assuming there's football in 2011). In fact I would prefer a 3rd round QB if indeed it were Locker: he has the physical tools and yes, he did have a train wreck for a surrounding cast of characters, so giving him some time to learn and develop only means he'll get better AND with Gailey able to make the most of QBs, Locker would seem to be able to greatly improve and adjust to NFL speed while having experience in a Pro style offense. As for 1st pick, it should be Defense, hands down, and NO LBs are worthy of a pick at 3, now if the Bills trade down, LB might be an option, but if we stay at 3, Dareus should be the pick b/c he can play 3-4 end or 4-3 DT thereby making him a perfect fit for our "hybrid" defense for now and can fit into the 3-4 when it becomes more "full-time"...

I don't know enough about Gabbert, I know that Cam Newton and Jake Locker will never been good NFL QBs...Gabbert doesn't seem to have the pedigree, but who knows...

We need a can't miss player to fill one of about a half dozen serious holes, and Gabbert's not that -I can't endorse that pick