CNNSI Mock Draft

You're welcome to your incorrect opinion.

Mallet and Newton would have both went before Tebow and maybe Gabbert too.

Last year's QB was the weakest class in years and next year outside of Luck will be even weaker.

I honestly don't understand how you can possibly say 2011 QB class is weaker than the 2010 with 1.5 QBs in the whole draft.

You may be right but I don't see how you can say that now. At this time last year who had Gabbert or Newton on the radar? Now they might be the first two QBs off the board.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is Dareus in the 1st and then look at Locker in the 3rd, if he's still there. Truth is we do need a long term solution to QB, Locker played in a Pro style offense and with Fitz playing well, there's no need to rush Locker into the mess for a year or two (assuming there's football in 2011). In fact I would prefer a 3rd round QB if indeed it were Locker: he has the physical tools and yes, he did have a train wreck for a surrounding cast of characters, so giving him some time to learn and develop only means he'll get better AND with Gailey able to make the most of QBs, Locker would seem to be able to greatly improve and adjust to NFL speed while having experience in a Pro style offense. As for 1st pick, it should be Defense, hands down, and NO LBs are worthy of a pick at 3, now if the Bills trade down, LB might be an option, but if we stay at 3, Dareus should be the pick b/c he can play 3-4 end or 4-3 DT thereby making him a perfect fit for our "hybrid" defense for now and can fit into the 3-4 when it becomes more "full-time"...

Locker doesnt have the physical tools (worse accuracy than Fitz) doesn't have the mental tools, and how come he always gets a pass? "Everyone on the U Dub team sucks except for Locker" it's actually including Locker.

It's the JP Lossman effect yes if you put Locker in a T-Shirt and shorts and have him toss balls in practice he looks an awful lot like Peyton Manning but that's where it ends.

Locker crumbles under pressure as bad as JP Lossman as well.

If Locker had the same skin tone as Newton he would be 7th round, ufa prospect.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I would hate that pick more then I hated the Maybin, more then I hated the Whitner pick, etc. Seriously this team is in dire need of talent, we cannot !@#$ up the 3rd pick(which is pretty near impossible, but the Bills have a knack for screwing up high draft picks)

I would hate that pick more then I hated the Maybin, more then I hated the Whitner pick, etc. Seriously this team is in dire need of talent, we cannot !@#$ up the 3rd pick(which is pretty near impossible, but the Bills have a knack for screwing up high draft picks)

It seems the past 11 years this is our most exciting time of the year... Who our we going to pick in the 1st?? Then we look back and see who we passed on. :oops:

With Fitz as our QB i don't see it !! I hope & pray we go defense with out first pick , we need someone that is going to make an immediate impact & i think Nix & Gailey see that too .

That is why i don't see them picking someone that high that will sit on the sideline for a couple of years to be developed .

I think we will be able to pick up a QB in the later rounds that may have a bunch of up side . With how Locker's stock has fallen & the others in the draft i think one has the possibility to slip to the second or possibly third round which would not be a reach at all .

Locker doesnt have the physical tools (worse accuracy than Fitz) doesn't have the mental tools, and how come he always gets a pass? "Everyone on the U Dub team sucks except for Locker" it's actually including Locker.

It's the JP Lossman effect yes if you put Locker in a T-Shirt and shorts and have him toss balls in practice he looks an awful lot like Peyton Manning but that's where it ends.

Locker crumbles under pressure as bad as JP Lossman as well.

If Locker had the same skin tone as Newton he would be 7th round, ufa prospect.

These are pretty outlandish comments. Calling out his accuracy is one thing, but saying he lacks the physical/mental makeup to be a successful NFL QB is a bit much. The report on Locker is that his work ethic, mental makeup, and intangibles are his best selling points. That's impressive, especially when you take into account his physical attributes. You obviously don't like him, but to say if he was black he'd be undrafted is the stupidest thing I've heard on here in a while.

I am with the "best player available" theory. This QB class is being like previous years. Look back 5 to 10 years and see what happened to these QBs. First round QBs have a high failure rate. The Bills need to build the core of each line before going to luxury positions. I would avoid the "hot" QBs and look for a young gun who has a proven body of work like Dalton or Ponder. Give them time to learn and grow. I hope the get a solid D lineman with the 3rd pick or trade out to the 8th to 10 position. Get more picks. Dallas built their dynasty in the late 80s and early 90s doing it as does the NE Patriots.

These are pretty outlandish comments. Calling out his accuracy is one thing, but saying he lacks the physical/mental makeup to be a successful NFL QB is a bit much. The report on Locker is that his work ethic, mental makeup, and intangibles are his best selling points. That's impressive, especially when you take into account his physical attributes. You obviously don't like him, but to say if he was black he'd be undrafted is the stupidest thing I've heard on here in a while.

How many interviews of Locker have you watched? How many games have you watched?

He sounds like Lennie "I ...I ...I. . . Jus try real hard, George. I's gon be a good QB someday, ain't I George"

There is no way an NFL team takes this guy with a 1st.

You can read whatever rehash of a rehash of a rehash report you want.

It's total drafnik hype.

You can also feel uncomfortable as you like about my statement but if you switch skin tones between Cam and Locker. Cam is hyped by draftniks as going #1 overall and Locker's report reads 7th round or UFA.

How many interviews of Locker have you watched? How many games have you watched?

He sounds like Lennie "I ...I ...I. . . Jus try real hard, George. I's gon be a good QB someday, ain't I George"

There is no way an NFL team takes this guy with a 1st.

You can read whatever rehash of a rehash of a rehash report you want.

It's total drafnik hype.

You can also feel uncomfortable as you like about my statement but if you switch skin tones between Cam and Locker. Cam is hyped by draftniks as going #1 overall and Locker's report reads 7th round or UFA.

I've watched a few of his games and seen many interviews. He sounds nothing like the bumbling idiot you make him out to be. As far as draft reports, isn't that what we all go on? I'm certainly going to respect their opinion more then yours when it comes down to the final evaluation of a player. No offense...

You're welcome to your incorrect opinion.

Mallet and Newton would have both went before Tebow and maybe Gabbert too.

Last year's QB was the weakest class in years and next year outside of Luck will be even weaker.

I honestly don't understand how you can possibly say 2011 QB class is weaker than the 2010 with 1.5 QBs in the whole draft.

Last year had Tebow, McCoy and Clausen. All started in the NFL this year, despite none of them being drafted as starters.

This year's crop features Newton (1 year star) and a guy named Blaine Gabbert who most here have never seen play, or heard of before a draftnik put him at number 3.

Your first sentence is ridiculous, considering your second sentence.

Last year had Tebow, McCoy and Clausen. All started in the NFL this year, despite none of them being drafted as starters.

This year's crop features Newton (1 year star) and a guy named Blaine Gabbert who most here have never seen play, or heard of before a draftnik put him at number 3.

Your first sentence is ridiculous, considering your second sentence.

Yes it's true that Mallet, Newton and Gabbert have not started an NFL game. I don't know how that makes their NFL potential worse than Clausen, McCoy and Tebow

It's not even a close comparison the 2011 draft class has far more potential.

Yes it's true that Mallet, Newton and Gabbert have not started an NFL game. I don't know how that makes their NFL potential worse than Clausen, McCoy and Tebow

It's not even a close comparison the 2011 draft class has far more potential.

Mallett, Newton and Gabbert have more potential than the crew from last year? Based on what?

And when did you put Gabbert in this group? Or Newton, for that matter? Just curious.

Mallett, Newton and Gabbert have more potential than the crew from last year? Based on what?

And when did you put Gabbert in this group? Or Newton, for that matter? Just curious.

Based on common observations, concensus, and common sense.

If you can't see the grass is green and need proof as to what color the grass is, I can't help you.

Its really not a question worth answering.

I've watched a few of his games and seen many interviews. He sounds nothing like the bumbling idiot you make him out to be. As far as draft reports, isn't that what we all go on? I'm certainly going to respect their opinion more then yours when it comes down to the final evaluation of a player. No offense...

You like your boy Locker's two bigtime 3 and outs in the senior bowl?

In the second position, 4 yard running play, crumbles under pressure and fumbles the ball (My boy Acho did make a nice play and Solder looked soldered to the ground, and Carimi was too slow to help), then Locker almost killed Titus Young by overthrowing him and forcing him to stretch and put himself in a vulnerable posistion.

But I guess the scouting reports will show what a great leader, and winner Shlocker is and blame it on the poor supporting cast or coaching.