Colin Kaepernick

Heard Tim & Pat talking up Anthony Castonzo OT from BC yesterday on the ride home.

I think they said that Carimi was a bit of a disappointment so far.

Also, Paul Alexander the OL coach from the Bungles was on. Said he asked all the OLinemen what D move they didn't like or had trouble handling.

Then he went and told it all to his DL coach Jay Hayes.

Funny stuff.

Its because Moffit is the stud and Carimi looks great when the guy next to him is blowing up anybody that comes near him.

Carimi will be a good player in the NFL but not the all-pro that Moffit will be imo.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first throw I saw him make had me stunned at how long of a throwing motion he had. It looked like he was throwing a fastball; then I saw he played baseball. Although he does get through it pretty quick his motion looks so slow because he doesn't really step into his shorter throws. Which might be good in the Buffalo wind; they were on a rope. I wouldn't mind seeing what the kid could do as long as he is more along the lines of an undrafted rookie free agent rather than a 2nd-4th round pick.

Edited by the_franchise

Were you guys watching the same game i was watching? Kaepernick was BAD. His delivery was slow, rushed his throws, missed his reads. He's a project QB who isn't even guaranteed to be good. The only QBs i saw that did decent was Ponder and McElroy. I recall a redzone play where he bootlegged to his right. The first option was to a WR on the bottom of the screen. A simple hook pattern, but of course he missed the read and just threw it out of bounds.

No thanks

Edited by DreReed83

I wouldn't hate that at #34.

He interviews much better than Locker, where Locker sounds like he is drain bramaged when he speaks.

I'm worried though he has a 4th-6th round grade Pre Senior Bowl. Its even more meteoric rise than in years past. #68 or #99 might be better.

After the practices moved to the game I now, would hate #34, would hate #68 and why bother at #99?

Were you guys watching the same game i was watching? Kaepernick was BAD. His delivery was slow, rushed his throws, missed his reads. He's a project QB who isn't even guaranteed to be good. The only QBs i saw that did decent was Ponder and McElroy. I recall a redzone play where he bootlegged to his right. The first option was to a WR on the bottom of the screen. A simple hook pattern, but of course he missed the read and just threw it out of bounds.

No thanks

did you watch the practices? He was way better than the rest. Also in this game he was the first north QB to lead a scoring drive and if idiot Lewis had left him in their longer he would have been more productive. The south was way better than the north which is why Ponder looked good and Kaerpernick was running for his life and was still able to make a few plays. Ponder and McElroy are average guys but Kaepernick has been very productive, can make all the throws, rocket arm and can run. Will he great in the NFL? You never know but with the right coaching (Gailley) he will and is well worth a second round pick.

I like CK and would be happy if the Bills draft him in the 3rd or 4th round or later. First play he was in there he hit the tight end in the hands and it ended up a pick. Not his fault. I don't claim to be an expert on throwing motions etc, but most his passes got to where they needed to get to. Felt pressure and was able to elude the pass rushers. All in all, I like this kid. Best QB of the game was Ponder though.

did you watch the practices? He was way better than the rest. Also in this game he was the first north QB to lead a scoring drive and if idiot Lewis had left him in their longer he would have been more productive. The south was way better than the north which is why Ponder looked good and Kaerpernick was running for his life and was still able to make a few plays. Ponder and McElroy are average guys but Kaepernick has been very productive, can make all the throws, rocket arm and can run. Will he great in the NFL? You never know but with the right coaching (Gailley) he will and is well worth a second round pick.

I could care less what he does in practice if it doesn't translate in the game. I care about what he does on the field during gametime and he looked bad. He can make all the throws? You sure about that? Jamarcus had a rocket arm too. Where did that get him? I'd rather have a guy like Ponder and McElroy who are poised QBs who actually know how to play the position. Kaepernick is a poor man's Newton. And I'd consider Newton to be an average QB.

So you can continue to look at what he did in "practice." And I'll continue to look at what he did in the game. A QB who seemed rattled when under pressure, missed reads, bad mechanics under pressure, run first and pass second mentality when flushed out of the pocket. No thanks

Its because Moffit is the stud and Carimi looks great when the guy next to him is blowing up anybody that comes near him.

Carimi will be a good player in the NFL but not the all-pro that Moffit will be imo.

IVE WATCHED ALOT OF WISCONSIN GAMES AND I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU.I THINK MOFFIT MADE CARIMI BETTER ,,, HE IS THE OL I HOPE THE BILLS DRAFT :thumbsup:

Ponder's mechanics were also light years ahead of Kaepernick. His decision making was more precise and you could tell he has a better grasp of the QB position than Colin ever well. Senior Bowl made me a believer in Ponder.

Edited by DreReed83

Kaepernick did OK in the game.

The one thing that stuck out for me was the velocity he puts on the ball.

He has a quick release and the ball moves like a dart.

I'm sure you said the same exact thing when you first saw Kyle Boller. You probably DROOLED when he threw the ball 70 yds from his knees. Velocity don't mean sht if you can't make the reads and put it on the money. Give me a QB with an OK arm, high IQ, and poise.

I'm sure you said the same exact thing when you first saw Kyle Boller. You probably DROOLED when he threw the ball 70 yds from his knees. Velocity don't mean sht if you can't make the reads and put it on the money. Give me a QB with an OK arm, high IQ, and poise.

Relax, dude. I never said he was any good. Just made an observation.

Although the throw Boller made from his knee was impressive.

And the QB you describe sounds like Trent. No Thanks.

I want a guy with some skill. I want a playmaker. SOmeone who can make something out of nothing and who has some attitude. I don't a guy who is OK with losing.

Yeah, because he reminds so many people of Kyle Boller... :unsure:

Relax, dude. I never said he was any good. Just made an observation.

Although the throw Boller made from his knee was impressive.

And the QB you describe sounds like Trent. No Thanks.

I want a guy with some skill. I want a playmaker. SOmeone who can make something out of nothing and who has some attitude. I don't a guy who is OK with losing.

In what way is he like Trent?

Did you even watch the Senior Bowl? 7-13, 135 yds and like 2 TDs, 0 INTs was Ponder's numbers. Great poise, good control, athletic, and accurate. Will he be the next big QB? I dont know. But I know that he'll have a better chance of getting there than Colin will.

Yeah, because he reminds so many people of Kyle Boller... :unsure:

When you're only argument to why you like a QB is his arm strength and velocity, Boller and Russell come to mind. I didn't directly compare Colin to Kyle. :thumbdown:

In what way is he like Trent?

Did you even watch the Senior Bowl? 7-13, 135 yds and like 2 TDs, 0 INTs was Ponder's numbers. Great poise, good control, athletic, and accurate. Will he be the next big QB? I dont know. But I know that he'll have a better chance of getting there than Colin will.

When you're only argument to why you like a QB is his arm strength and velocity, Boller and Russell come to mind. I didn't directly compare Colin to Kyle. :thumbdown:

I would have no objection at all to the Bills using their second round pick on Ponder. I think he's the most promising of this year's crop of QBs. (Not that it's a very impressive crop!)

For what it's worth, I met a guy at the gym yesterday who said he is a close personal friend of our Offensive Coodinator. No real way of knowing if it is true but he did show me a bunch of pictures of him posing with the Bills coaches, including Gailey, plus pictures of him with a several players in Mobile last weekend. (Kaepernick was one of them) At any rate, he said we are VERY high on Kaepernick. Truth be told, I had never even heard of him until he said his name. He said our coaches are convinced that he will be the franchise quarterback we have been looking for. He even said they were "giddy" about his skills.

I'm not giddy for Kaepernick but i do think he has some game. I recall last summer hearing some ESPN analysts talking about him being the best QB in this years class and no one ever pays attention to him out in Nevada. Well, i guess now people are paying attention. Either Gailey is smoke-screening or he really wants a QB with good mobility. I'm sure Kap, Newton and Gabbert are all on the table. The Bills would be foolish not to take a QB in the 1st or 2nd round imo.

As for Ponder, he looked better than i thought he would in the game. Standing on the sidelines he looked exactly like the Joe Pendleton character (played by Warren Beatty in the 1970's movie "Heaven Can Wait"). Yeah- i probably dated myself with that reference!

I started to believe the hype about Kapernick, but today proved that he's not ready. He's a project; problems with delivery, footwork, and decision-making. 3rd round might be a reach.

x2

Anything before a 4th round would be a reach IMO. Wouldn't mind him as a Brad Smith type player for us in the 6th round or later but outside of that, no thanks.