Jay Cutler's MRI results

peteski

Keep in mind the health issue that Cutler deals with every day - diabetes. I remember being an audience to his story. In the story, Cutler shared how he has had to continually manage his diabetic condition during games. While in Denver, the Denver team of trainers and doctors had the management of his diabetes down to a practice, off day, game day and in game routine. Who knows, maybe there was an issue with his diabetic condition that led to Lovie sitting him down.

I don't think it is fair for Cutler to receive the amount of criticism he had had to deal with. many players have run their given mouths about how they would have fought through the situation, like Philip Rivers of San Diego.

The net here is that I think Chicago was clued in to what the real deal was, but did a very poor job of "PR" around it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A grade 2 mcl sprain means the ligament tore away from the bone. Lets play a fun experiment and tear your mcl from the bone then call you a little B word

Grade II MCL Tears

When a grade II MCL sprain occurs, use of a hinged knee brace is common in early treatment. Athletes with a grade II injury can return to activity once they are not having pain over the MCL. Patients with a grade II injury often return to sports within 3-4 weeks after their injury.

Grade II MCL Tear

Grade II injuries are also considered incomplete tears of the MCL. These patients may complain of instability when attempting to cut or pivot. The pain and swelling is more significant, and usually a period of 3-4 weeks of rest is necessary.

That sounds safe

I've had a left knee MCL sprain, not even a tear, and no way can you plant that foot and throw a football. The ligament has been stretched and doesn't do its job. When you try to plant the knee collapses to the side of the sprain. Collapses. You can stand around and walk VERY carefully in a straight line, but thats it. A brace would not have meant ****. I do not know whether the inside or outside of the knee was affected in Cutler's case, but mine was on the inside and I was out of commission while the ligament tightened up again -- it will never be the same but as long as you strengthen the tendons you can be ok. The original poster has no clue what she is talking about.. do the research before you post.

A lot of people here are not seeing that I was making a joke. It was supposed to be funny. A lot of you took it personally like I was making fun of your child or spouse.

Lighten up people, it was a joke. It made me laugh so I thought I would share. I didn't know that there was so many people here who are incredibly sensitive. Sorry for hurting your feelings.

Marv Levy always used to say that it's easy to be tough with other people's bodies. By the same token, it's easy to be tough with other people's feelings.

I'm not saying Cutler is necessarily a good guy--some of the articles posted in this thread made him out to be a real jerk. But my sense is that he didn't deserve to have his toughness called into question.

I've had a left knee MCL sprain, not even a tear, and no way can you plant that foot and throw a football. The ligament has been stretched and doesn't do its job. When you try to plant the knee collapses to the side of the sprain. Collapses. You can stand around and walk VERY carefully in a straight line, but thats it. A brace would not have meant ****. I do not know whether the inside or outside of the knee was affected in Cutler's case, but mine was on the inside and I was out of commission while the ligament tightened up again -- it will never be the same but as long as you strengthen the tendons you can be ok. The original poster has no clue what she is talking about.. do the research before you post.

Ahhhhh... Arrrrgh! :pirate: MCL schmenCL! This is Packers-Bears football! Get your ass out there and at least try a bit harder than Cutler did.

How many people in the Chicago (CHI-NWInd-WI) area? 9.5 million. How many people in the outer reaches of Wisconsin? One too many.

You know most of those eyes are on Cutler.

How many games have been played in this rivalry? +100. How many of those games have been this significant? Two (1941, Bears win, in the first divisonal playoff ever, and 2011, Packers win).

A hurt Jay Cutler is better than a healthy Caleb Hanie... Hanie's heinous "pick six" decided the outcome of the game. I don't think even a hurt Cutler would have thrown that ball. That play brought back memories of the old electronic quarterback game... You know where the little LED blip would intercept the pass if you didn't wait the extra split-second before throwing to the apparent (you can pass through the first line of defender blips) "open" receiver blip.

Back to my original statement, I will repeat it: :D

"Ahhhhh... Arrrrgh! :pirate: MCL schmenCL. This is Packers-Bears football! Get your ass out there and at least try a bit harder than Cutler did."

I thought that was pretty funny

You thought? That's pretty funny!

People questioning Cutler's toughness make me laugh. He plays in a Martz offense. I live in St Louis I know what that means.

Cutler's a mobile QB who ran for >200 yds this year and several prev. years. He still got sacked 35 times last year and 52 times, FIFTY TWO FREAKIN' TIMES, this year.

That's more than 3 times a game. He got hit at least twice that much, at least 9 times a game.

Anyone wants to make jokes about Cutler's manhood needs to stand in their backyard let someone slam them into the ground with a large 'fridge 9 times every Sunday from August through December then see if you can still move, let alone run an NFL offense.

It's amazing how many professional doctors have time in their busy schedules to share their opinions on an NFL message board. It's also amazing how tough many of them are. It's also amazing how many of them feel the need to cut down others to reinforce said toughness, not to mention their wild success in the medical world.

Jay Cutler Promo video. Just replace SpongeBob with the naysayers and Gary with Jay:

Is that Gary, I mean Jay going out to dinner afterwards... ;)

Jay Cutler Promo Video

It's amazing how many professional doctors have time in their busy schedules to share their opinions on an NFL message board. It's also amazing how tough many of them are. It's also amazing how many of them feel the need to cut down others to reinforce said toughness, not to mention their wild success in the medical world.

Hey... I am totally weak! Put me in Jay's shoes and I would be a total wuss! I actually like Jay as a QB and wish BFLO took him over Donte in 2006. Oooo we have JP! JP!

I feel sorry for him... From a PR point... This whole thing has been an epic fail episode. Jay should realize that and learn to laugh it off. If he can't, he is done.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Jay Cutler Promo video. Just replace SpongeBob with the naysayers and Gary with Jay:

Is that Gary, I mean Jay going out to dinner afterwards... ;)

Jay Cutler Promo Video

Hey... I am totally weak! Put me in Jay's shoes and I would be a total wuss! I actually like Jay as a QB and wish BFLO took him over Donte in 2006. Oooo we have JP! JP!

I feel sorry for him... From a PR point... This whole thing has been an epic fail episode. Jay should realize that and learn to laugh it off. If he can't, he is done.

He should laugh off guys like you calling him out, this is true.

I'm sure I'd have been crying and begging to be rushed to the hospital if that happened to me.

But, anyone who has watched NFL football over a large period of time has seen countless examples of players participating in meaningful games with serious injuries. Call it the warrior mentality, call it dumb, call it what you want, but it happens all of the time.

Cutler's problem is one of perception. People perceive that he wasn't suffering from a debilitating injury because they've seen countless examples of how athletes generally tend to react to a debilitating injury. Generally, when an athlete blows out their knee, they fall to the ground and writhe in pain, pound the fists into the turf, grimace, scream, etc. Generally, we see the player eventually either carted off the field, or hobble to the sidelines, face contorted into a grimace of agony.

What you don't tend to see is a guy blow out his knee, proceed to continue playing (such that people aren't even aware that there was an initial injury), leave the field at halftime without a limp, come back to the field after halftime, walk into the field and off after a three and out, and then never return again. People aren't used to seeing a guy unable to continue pacing the sidelines with a blank, vacant stare, or sitting alone on the bench. People don't expect to see a guy ride the exercise bike and not continue playing.

Because people generally don't see players walk without a limp, ride an exercise bike, continue playing after the injury without people noticing, pace around the sidelines, etc. with blown out knees, they tend to wonder how hurt the player really was.

I know it looked bad to me at the time, and I too wonder if another player might have continued.

The fact that he is a jerk also hurts his perception issues.