How cold is it in Minnesota today?

Fezmid

Cold enough to make a squirelcicle.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/weather/frozen-squirrel-minnesota-jan-20-2011

(it was -21F on my way in to work today with a -42F windchill. Brrr...)

... with it's hands up to its face... :(

Not sure why things like this make me sad. I like animals far more than I like most people. Poor little guy.

Not sure why things like this make me sad. I like animals far more than I like most people. Poor little guy.

Same here.

Same here, and yet, with my bird feeder having become a squirrel feeder (scaring all the birds off in the process) I have less sympathy for this species in particular. :angry:

You know what Nietzsche said about animals? "They were God's second blunder."

That guy may not have been an animal lover, but he sure could tackle!

unless you become a dog owner or pet owner, statements like this dont make sense.

ever since i got my dog bill, i love animals.

... and to add, has anybody ever seen the damage these little f---ers do when they get into attics?

As someone who experienced this, my uncle in Maine has a big smile when he plinks them off with his Daisy air rifle.

Edited by UConn James

... and to add, has anybody ever seen the damage these little f---ers do when they get into attics?

As someone who experienced this, my uncle in Maine has a big smile when he plinks them off with his Daisy air rifle.

That Billy the Exterminator guy says that squirrels and other animals that get into houses cause like 20% of all fires in the home :o

I have been looking for a video I saw of a guy throwing a cup of water in the air and it turning to ice in a second. It was up in MN. Must be cold!

Here's one I found. There's a lot up on the Youtube. Do a search on "water ice air", then sort on upload date for the most recent....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S1mqB78Kvk

I have been looking for a video I saw of a guy throwing a cup of water in the air and it turning to ice in a second. It was up in MN. Must be cold!

Linky

They did it here in Hartford at the local fox news channel the other day. Pretty cool stuff.