This Week's Questions???

DeeRay

FIrst... great win yesterday. Even though I'm the #1 dump Bledsoe poster, I'm not going to chastise him and his performance yesterday...I'll give Drew a free pass because of the weather (since it is the season for charity).

TIme to put this "W" behind us and now... onto next week vs. Cincy.

1) Do the wheels come off this week???

2) If Kitna QBs Cincy, wouldn't that make the Bengals more dangerous?

3) Bledsoe has demonstrated a knack for performing at his absolute worst in Big games. Well, this game against Cincy is huge (as Billy Fucillo would say). Will Drew reverse this trend, and if he doesn't, can the Bills win this game? My money says Drew folds like a cheap wallet again... so we'll see.

Games are all big at this point, but the Bills haven't faced a team as good as the Bengals since they took a November 14th B word slapping from the Patriots in front of the whole world. This is the game that will separate the Bills from contender or pretender.

Seattle was every bit as good as Cincy, and please don't put Cincy in the same category as NE when comparing what the Bills are up against.

Quite frankly, with your consistant ability to focus on Drew's folding, you seem to forget that Kitna, Palmer and anyone else playing QB for the Bengals is crapping purple twinkies thinking about our defense.

If Kitna starts, we'll have a QB who has been riding the pine for most of this season.

If Palmer starts, we'll have a QB who is injured going into a game against a Defense that just swarms you when they smell blood. And an injured leg is smelling mighty good to the Bills D at this point.

This is the Bills playoff game. They win, and suddenly a playoff spot is within their grasp. If they lose, this late-season surge was too little, too late.

Seattle was every bit as good as Cincy, and please don't put Cincy in the same category as NE when comparing what the Bills are up against.

Quite frankly, with your consistant ability to focus on Drew's folding, you seem to forget that Kitna, Palmer and anyone else playing QB for the Bengals is crapping purple twinkies thinking about our defense.

158055[/snapback]

Imagine, a whole new way to rip Bledsoe :o

Cinci doesn't have a chance - we have too many playmakers on both sides of the ball (damn, it feels good to say that - and believe it!). And BTW, I've heard those twinkies were actually a pale magenta.

Cinncy will be a cakewalk.

Sun. Sep. 12 @NY Jets Loss 31-24

Sun. Sep. 19 Miami Win 16-13

Sun. Sep. 26 Baltimore Loss 23-9

Sun. Oct. 3 @Pittsburgh Loss 28-17

BYE WEEK

Sun. Oct. 17 @Cleveland Loss 34-17

Mon. Oct. 25 Denver Win 23-10

Sun. Oct. 31 @Tennessee Loss 27-20

Sun. Nov. 7 Dallas Win 26-3

Sun. Nov. 14 @Washington Win 17-10

Sun. Nov. 21 Pittsburgh Loss 19-14

Sun. Nov. 28 Cleveland Win 58-48

Sun. Dec. 5 @Baltimore Win 27-26

Six wins against nobodies.

Cinncy will be a cakewalk.

Sun. Sep. 12 @NY Jets Loss 31-24 

Sun. Sep. 19 Miami Win 16-13 

Sun. Sep. 26 Baltimore Loss 23-9 

Sun. Oct. 3 @Pittsburgh Loss 28-17 

BYE WEEK

Sun. Oct. 17 @Cleveland Loss 34-17 

Mon. Oct. 25 Denver Win 23-10 

Sun. Oct. 31 @Tennessee Loss 27-20 

Sun. Nov. 7 Dallas Win 26-3 

Sun. Nov. 14 @Washington Win 17-10 

Sun. Nov. 21 Pittsburgh Loss 19-14 

Sun. Nov. 28 Cleveland Win 58-48 

Sun. Dec. 5 @Baltimore Win 27-26

Six wins against nobodies.

158060[/snapback]

They did manage to beat the Ravens in Baltimore...when we went to Baltimore, we got our asses handed to us.

Next weeks game is more of a test for our D than Drew and the offence. Cinci seems pretty high powered lately. Im interested how we handle Johnson. Drews test doesnt come until the Pitt game IF they need it.

It's true, DeeRay, that the bengals are better than the Browns but it is not a slam dunk that they are better than the Seahawks, Rams, and even the Dolphins OF LATE (Fish have played well their last 4 weeks!).

Offensively, the bengals are #13 but the seahawks, rams and fish are 6,8 and 27 (Thus the first two have better offenses).

defensively, the Bengals are #24 while the seahawks, rams and fish are 22,23, and 8th respectively (Thus all three of our former opponents have better defenses)

Kitna at QB would benefit the Bills but not as much as typically occurs when the number 1 guy is out (Palmer has played well - particularly of late). Kitna is a more-than-adequate #2 (A number 1 on several teams no doubt) but he has not had a lot of practice with the number 1 team and will be prone to throw ints.

All this said, yes - if Drew throws an Egg game than the season is over but I have been impressed with the way the team has picked Drew up since the Patsie debacle. He actually played poorly in the Seahawk game (at times) but the team barely burped at his misthrows.

Also, Clements has SOMEHOW figured out a way to get Drew to throw screens. I can't, for the life of me at this point, figure out how he has done this but it is a fact that Drew has thrown 2-4 screens every game for the last 4 games. SUCCESSFULLY.

I thought it was against his religion or something :o

So, IMO, the Bills CAN win but this will be a hard fought game right down to the wire.

No relaxing 2nd half this game folks.

-RnJ

FIrst... great win yesterday.  Even though I'm the #1 dump Bledsoe poster, I'm not going to chastise him and his performance yesterday...I'll give Drew a free pass because of the weather (since it is the season for charity).

TIme to put this "W" behind us and now... onto next week vs. Cincy. 

1) Do the wheels come off this week???

2) If Kitna QBs Cincy, wouldn't that make the Bengals more dangerous?

3) Bledsoe has demonstrated a knack for performing at his absolute worst in Big games.  Well, this game against Cincy is huge (as Billy Fucillo would say).  Will Drew reverse this trend, and if he doesn't, can the Bills win this game?  My money says Drew folds like a cheap wallet again... so we'll see.

Games are all big at this point, but the Bills haven't faced a team as good as the Bengals since they took a November 14th B word slapping from the Patriots in front of the whole world.  This is the game that will separate the Bills from contender or pretender.

158047[/snapback]

Give us a break, will you?

Nice of you to give Drew a "free charity pass." Do you understand football even a little bit? It was probably hard to take the snap, see downfield, and hand the ball off, let alone to throw an accurate pass. It was also tough footing for the receivers, and guess what? It is hard to catch a slippery ball, thus the drop by Moulds....but hey, thanks for looking the other way just this once. :o

As for the Cincy game, believe it or not, it will be more about our defense than Drew. How so? The bengals are home, have very good young receivers, a good offensive line and if Kitna plays, a qb with a probable chip on his shoulder and something to prove. It would be tough for any qb to "win" this game without a ton of help from the defense, and of course a running game.

You seem to be just laying back, and awaiting a Bills loss with open arms so you can jump all over Drew, a guy who was the qb for a team that just won 7 of their last 9. You might have a better time enjoying these wins.

Oh, and the seahawks are a far better team than cincy. You will see this as they beat up on the jests.

Here's the way I'm looking at it...

Drew wasn't good yesterday (probably because of the conditions), but he didn't have to be. Special teams weren't good yesterday, but the team overcame the mistakes.

The two *good* things about this run have been the offensive line and the defense. No, the Bills probably don't look like a Superbowl team, but each unit is making the contributions to win. This is the sign of a good team. It's also the sign of a dangerous team heading into the playoffs, though the Bills are not there yet.

I think they *can* beat Cincy, despite the game being on the road. No - that wasn't the same Cleveland team that scored 48 points a few weeks ago, but Cincy also gave up 35 to New England yesterday. They're giving up 23 points per game, so take that for what it's worth. Regardless, I like the Bills' chances, as long as each unit of the team sticks together.

Would this be the same defense that 3-10 Miami lit up for 400 yards last week???

Let's not get over exhuberant about this defense. Yesterday they played possibly the worst team in football at home. A team that is decemated on both sides of the ball with injuries, an interim head coach, and a rookie QB... the Bills should beat them by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

I don't have a warm and fuzzy about this team going into Cincy. And in no way can they be compared to Seattle or St. Louis... Everyone had been beating up on those two teams in the last month... especially with the injuries they've had. So, if the only thing we can hang our hat on is that we beat two 6-7 teams, then we're really in sad shape. The only winning team we've managed to beat is the Jets.

Bottom line... Big time QBs shine in Big time games... Are you gonna bet your farm that Bledsoe steps up? I aint.

Give us a break, will you?

Nice of you to give Drew a "free charity pass." Do you understand football even a little bit? It was probably hard to take the snap, see downfield, and hand the ball off, let alone to throw an accurate pass.

1) I know considerably more about the game than you do.

2) Gezzus Khrist... did I not mention "weather"??? you can't even read and your trying to rip my knowledge of the game? Who the hell are you?, Beano Cook???

Next weeks game is more of a test for our D than Drew and the offence. Cinci seems pretty high powered lately. Im interested how we handle Johnson. Drews test doesnt come until the Pitt game IF they need it.

158067[/snapback]

If our D holds Rudi Johnson like we have done all the other RBs in the league

we have a shot at it....The game plan should be again to keep our D fresh

and take time off the clock and wina close 20-14 game.

Would this be the same defense that 3-10 Miami lit up for 400 yards last week???

158151[/snapback]

I might remind you that the Bills will be playing against the defense that gave up 48 points to the Cleveland Browns. Yes, that's right: the Browns scored almost three times as many points against the Bungles as they had yards against the Bills.

1) I know considerably more about the game than you do.

2) Gezzus Khrist... did I not mention "weather"??? you can't even read and your trying to rip my knowledge of the game?  Who the hell are you?, Beano Cook???

158158[/snapback]

Yeah, you mentioned the weather, and made the snide remark about giving him a "pass."

If you have this wealth of knowledge about football please share it, instead of placing full emphasis on the qb position wrt wins and losses. Think about what you are saying...the Bills won by 30 points, and you will "excuse" the qb in a manner of speaking. That simply makes no sense, does it?

Why not look elsewhere as well if you want to dish out blame for losses. I'll help you get started....what is the Bills record with and without MaGahee? Are you going to put those losses all on Drew? :o

Why not look elsewhere as well if you want to dish out blame for losses. I'll help you get started....what is the Bills record with and without MaGahee? Are you going to put those losses all on Drew?

What I'm saying is Drew is not the savior oan be all that a lot of folks think he is... quite the opposite. Folks think he's in the same class as Manning, Favre, McNabb, Brady, and Culpepper. He's not, and he's somewhere in the bottom third of the NFL. He's not a consistent big play maker or a leader that can fire up the troops when things are down... I'd much prefer a QB like Jake Delhomme or Brady... QBs that can fire their guys up and find a way to win. Drew will nevver be that guy.

I like our chances against the Bengals.

Their run 'D' is pretty putrid (28th) so I can see us using McGahee a lot.

Our D is looking great, especially since we now have 2 more than decent safeties (the phins picked on Baker big time).

Their QB situation is a little murky right now (throwing in either a second stringer or injured QB is not nice against our D).

Our TE situation should be a little better as either we get Euhus back or the replacements will have had another week to get more reps in practice. Also MW will likely be back, since he was borderline for the Browns game.

And the Bengals are all but mathematically out of the playoffs.

What I'm saying is Drew is not the savior oan be all that a lot of folks think he is... quite the opposite.  Folks think he's in the same class as Manning, Favre, McNabb, Brady, and Culpepper.  He's not, and he's somewhere in the bottom third of the NFL. He's not a consistent big play maker or a leader that can fire up the troops when things are down...  I'd much prefer a QB like Jake Delhomme or Brady... QBs that can fire their guys up and find a way to win.  Drew will nevver be that guy.

158231[/snapback]

Agree 100%... but who cares as long as we're winning. :o

GO DREW!!!

GO BILLS!!!