Food Network recipe of the month

joey greco

Paula Deen shares one of her most sought after recipes:

Seriously?

Some of the comments are pure gold. I used to love Food Network. Mario Batali, David Rosengarten, Tony Bourdain, Jack McDavid...!@#$, even Bobby Flay, as much as I loathe him, were interesting people and had great things to say and share about cooking.

Now the network seems to be all about shrill, catchphrase spewing troglodytes who consider operating a can opener or shredding a store bought rotisserie chicken to be a great recipe. Almost as bad as what's happened to the History Channel.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/english-peas-recipe/index.html' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Seriously?

Some of the comments are pure gold. I used to love Food Network. Mario Batali, David Rosengarten, Tony Bourdain, Jack McDavid...!@#$, even Bobby Flay, as much as I loathe him, were interesting people and had great things to say and share about cooking.

Now the network seems to be all about shrill, catchphrase spewing troglodytes who consider operating a can opener or shredding a store bought rotisserie chicken to be a great recipe. Almost as bad as what's happened to the History Channel.

Your link's broken:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/english-peas-recipe/index.html

But that "recipe" is *awesome!*

Oh man, I'm not deep into the comments, but some are just amazing, including this one:

Here's how I got around the fact that I don't like peas . . .

Eliminate the peas.

Substitute 5 loaves of toast instead.

Spread pealess pea mixture on toast.

Enjoy.

Serves 3.

oh my god is that funny...some very creative people commenting on that....nice early morning laugh

Seriously?

Oh man, I'm not deep into the comments, but some are just amazing, including this one:

Here's how I got around the fact that I don't like peas . . .

Eliminate the peas.

Substitute 5 loaves of toast instead.

Spread pealess pea mixture on toast.

Enjoy.

Serves 3.

I'm not very good with recipes or cooking, but I may give this one a shot tonight. I'm sure I'll find a way to screw it up, though.