Robert Quinn

Tipster19

Each year he seems to put on adequate weight. The latest reports has him up 270 lbs on a 6'5'' frame with great speed. This guy is a true pass rusher and he could be like a Jevon Kearse type DL for us. Even though Quinn may be playing against an inferior OL in the video clip I provided the thing that struck me was his open field prowlness and how fast he would get to the QB, you can't teach speed. Imagine having him disrupting a backfield with our secondary, we'd be getting a ton of picks and turnovers. Fairley plays in a great system with plenty of help around him and I don't believe that he will be there when we pick anyways.

^ Robert would be an OLB for us and is better than Fairly.

Would be happy with him but think we can trade back a bit to get him. Would be awesome to get there and Cameron Heyward in the second, that would be a great draft with just those two. Would also love Marcell Dareus at 3, kid is a monster and would beef up the DL.

Go Blue Monster, nick name would fit in buffalo too.

Each year he seems to put on adequate weight. The latest reports has him up 270 lbs on a 6'5'' frame with great speed. This guy is a true pass rusher and he could be like a Jevon Kearse type DL for us. Even though Quinn may be playing against an inferior OL in the video clip I provided the thing that struck me was his open field prowlness and how fast he would get to the QB, you can't teach speed. Imagine having him disrupting a backfield with our secondary, we'd be getting a ton of picks and turnovers. Fairley plays in a great system with plenty of help around him and I don't believe that he will be there when we pick anyways.

Quinn, at the College level anyway, looks as much like Bruce Smith as I've seen since....Bruce Smith. While not quite down to the level of Bruce's, he has a nice shoulder dip to get under the OT and plenty of quicks to close on the QB. He could still go fairly high and possibly real high. Would love to see more tape on him. Did see some brief clips of UNC against Boston college and he was able to beat Constanza fairly easily..............

Marvin Austin form UNC, and a member of the group kicked off UNC for accepting gifts from agent(s), could also turn out to be a player as well, but not explosive as is Quinn.

Isn't Quinn a one-year wonder? I only ask because of our outstanding track record with such selections. I agree he looks good, but did he only have one good year?

I'd be happy with Dareus, Bowers or Fairley. I was impressed by Fairley's play last night.

Edited by dpberr

Isn't Quinn a one-year wonder? I only ask because of our outstanding track record with such selections. I agree he looks good, but did he only have one good year?

I'd be happy with Dareus, Bowers or Fairley. I was impressed by Fairley's play last night.

Bowers had 4 total sacks through 2 seasons before this year. Fairley 1 sack in 2009, his first year of playing. Seems as though they are 1 year wonders as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=377881

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=480377

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

I like the idea of Quinn in the 1st because of the talent at DT in the later rounds being much much greater than OLB/DE. That said he is risky having not played this year and will likely fall ala Dex Bryant. I also don’t think he is better than any of the “Big 3” Fairley/Bowers/Dareus.

In a trade back scenario we could bank on him being available and being the pick.