Colin Kaepernick looks real good to me

I've been bringing him up all season. I hope some of you guys are watching, cause I think he would be a nice guy to look at drafting. I know it's kind of difficult imagining him in a pro offense with that Nevada offense. But when he does throw, he's accurate and has one of the strongest arms of any college QB, and can run extremely well. I'd love to see him available in round 3. At 6'6" 225 he's a little thin, but I think with 10 more pounds he'd be perfect. Thoughts?

Edited by Buffalonian-at-Heart

It's so hard to project college QBs into the NFL.

He has an extremely strong arm, but a slow release.

He is extremely athletic, but like you say, he needs to bulk up.

And then there's the problem of the offense that he plays in.

But I agree with you that he's an intriguing prospect and some NFL team will invest in him. Just not sure how high.

It's so hard to project college QBs into the NFL.

He has an extremely strong arm, but a slow release.

He is extremely athletic, but like you say, he needs to bulk up.

And then there's the problem of the offense that he plays in.

But I agree with you that he's an intriguing prospect and some NFL team will invest in him. Just not sure how high.

Yeah, he really winds up.

Yeah, he really winds up.

And therein lies the problem. The windup telegraphs the direction. Maybe not a huge problem in college where receivers are more open but NFL defenses are much quicker and cover tighter and will jump those telegraphed throws. Compare his release with that of Cam Newton's tomorrow who has a tighter and quicker release in spite of the fact that both are tall.

M

And therein lies the problem. The windup telegraphs the direction. Maybe not a huge problem in college where receivers are more open but NFL defenses are much quicker and cover tighter and will jump those telegraphed throws. Compare his release with that of Cam Newton's tomorrow who has a tighter and quicker release in spite of the fact that both are tall.

No question, he steps towards his target then the exagerated windup. That led directly to one pick tonight and it would be much worse in the NFL. Not sure how successful a coach would be to get him to change. Tonight's announcers mentioned that he's been working on it since he got to Nevada...yet it's still there. Giving a DB an extra step to close on a receiver won't cut it.

I was wondering about this kid too. Saw the Boise State and game and tonight's. He's tall which is good and seems to be a very accurate passer. And he can run too. I was thinking he might be a good 3rd or 4th round project QB. But then again, we already have one. I like him (Colin) though. He has also had success. 13-1 this year. big comeback vs. Boise State. Has played several years.

Looked OK but is he any better than Brown? I wouldn't draft any QBs unless Gabbert falls to the 5th or Mallett to the fourth. This year needs to be about Defense and OL/TE.

This is the key post. Anyone we draft must have more potential than Levi Brown. And Brown has a head start as he is already has a pro season under his belt.

They put up his stats this year vs. Cam Newton's. They were remarkably similar. I like Kaepernick but agree his delivery will be somewhat of a detriment in the pros.

His baseball wind-up is not professional material. Unless he works with someone all offseason leading up to the draft a la Tebow, he's undraftable. Move on.

Looked OK but is he any better than Brown? I wouldn't draft any QBs unless Gabbert falls to the 5th or Mallett to the fourth. This year needs to be about Defense and OL/TE.

If either Gabbert or Mallett fell to our pick in the second round, I'm fairly confident that Buddy & Co. would pull the trigger on that one. Not saying that I think we need to draft a QB that high (or at all for that matter), but based on value AND need, I think they would almost have to make that pick.

If either Gabbert or Mallett fell to our pick in the second round, I'm fairly confident that Buddy & Co. would pull the trigger on that one. Not saying that I think we need to draft a QB that high (or at all for that matter), but based on value AND need, I think they would almost have to make that pick.

That elusive "franchise QB" is still the hardest position to fill. Both Gabbert and Mallett will be top 12 picks, maybe even top 8. The Bills won't sniff those guys unless they use #3 to grab one of the big QB's.