Bulaga

NoSaint

his man recovered the fumble didnt cause it. I dont know why that would be his fault?

Legit? Sarcastic? I've seen bits and pieces all year but haven't gotten a good read on him.

No, not legit. Bulaga has been very solid this year. He has struggled some but he is good. People see that C Wake had 3 sakes and think they were all on Bulaga so he must suck right? But in reality 1 was on the FB, one was on Bulaga, and the other was after Bulaga put Wake on his back and Rogers ran by and got tripped up while Wake and Bulaga where in teh misionary position.

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

“He’s a guy who’s a natural left tackle, who’s going to be our left tackle for years to come. But because of injuries to Mark, we had to move him over there and he’s done a really nice job adjusting,” Rodgers said. “I don’t worry about Bryan, and our coaching staff doesn’t, either – which says a lot about the progress he’s made.

After becoming the starter in the season’s fifth game in place of an injured Tauscher on Oct. 10 at Washington, Bulaga had been nothing short of solid. And while he wasn’t perfect against the Patriots and Giants, he certainly held his own, particularly against Giants Pro Bowl defensive end Justin Tuck. But he struggled against Chicago’s Julius Peppers, and admitted as much before tiring of questions about the penalties he committed.

“I thought I played all right besides that whole (penalty) fiasco. It was just not acceptable,” Bulaga said. “But besides that, I thought I played well. I thought I did some good things out there. I'm just moving on and getting ready for this one.”

http://www.channel3000.com/sports/26405577/detail.html

Edited by Thoner7

his man recovered the fumble didnt cause it. I dont know why that would be his fault?

No, not legit. Bulaga has been very solid this year. He has struggled some but he is good. People see that C Wake had 3 sakes and think they were all on Bulaga so he must suck right? But in reality 1 was on the FB, one was on Bulaga, and the other was after Bulaga put Wake on his back and Rogers ran by and got tripped up while Wake and Bulaga where in teh misionary position.

“He’s a guy who’s a natural left tackle, who’s going to be our left tackle for years to come. But because of injuries to Mark, we had to move him over there and he’s done a really nice job adjusting,” Rodgers said. “I don’t worry about Bryan, and our coaching staff doesn’t, either – which says a lot about the progress he’s made.

After becoming the starter in the season’s fifth game in place of an injured Tauscher on Oct. 10 at Washington, Bulaga had been nothing short of solid. And while he wasn’t perfect against the Patriots and Giants, he certainly held his own, particularly against Giants Pro Bowl defensive end Justin Tuck. But he struggled against Chicago’s Julius Peppers, and admitted as much before tiring of questions about the penalties he committed.

“I thought I played all right besides that whole (penalty) fiasco. It was just not acceptable,” Bulaga said. “But besides that, I thought I played well. I thought I did some good things out there. I'm just moving on and getting ready for this one.”

If it wasn't his guy then I just whiffed on it. I was just looking for some feedback because I hadn't seen a lot - no agenda.

Bulaga was thought of as more of a guard then a tackle by most draft ratings

Ive watched a lot of Packer games this year and he has played like a rookie lineman, some good plays and some bad but he can def play. That doesnt mean i think the Bills should have taken him with their first pick

Bulaga has given up 12 sacks this year, and has been pretty bad run blocker as well.

Bulaga has given up 12 sacks this year, and has been pretty bad run blocker as well.

Sacks given up is prob the most misleading of all stats. And he ahs been a good run blocker. There is a reason the Pack ran to their right side 80% of the time today.

Bulaga was thought of as more of a guard then a tackle by most draft ratings

Ive watched a lot of Packer games this year and he has played like a rookie lineman, some good plays and some bad but he can def play. That doesnt mean i think the Bills should have taken him with their first pick

+1

Nice summation.

Sacks given up is prob the most misleading of all stats. And he ahs been a good run blocker. There is a reason the Pack ran to their right side 80% of the time today.

Sacks given up is a meaningless stat?? :rolleyes:

If he'd been drafted by the Bills you'd be throwing him to he wolves.

Let's see, we should take your opinion over the QB he's blocking for? What's your opinion based on anyway?

In all honesty, I don't think you can read much into what Rodgers said either. What is Rodgers going to say? "Yeah Bryan has really sucked this year."

I've heard varying reports about Bulaga all year long. I wasn't crazy about the Spiller pick, but I'm not ruing the day we missed out on Bulaga either.

Sacks given up is a meaningless stat?? :rolleyes:

If he'd been drafted by the Bills you'd be throwing him to he wolves.

Yes it is misleading. How often does the guy who actually causes the pressure come away with the sack? Like I already wrote 1 of those sacks was after a pancake block that Rodgers ran into. Remember that year Peters gave up what seemed like 15 sacks but only had 2 or 3 counted agaisnt him? That was misleading too. Stats are, by their nature, misleading.

Bulaga has played pretty well when I have watched and I still wish we took him.

Edited by Thoner7

Cut to the chase whiners. The Bills shoulda drafted Bulaga. Spiller sucks and should be traded. Nix has no idea what he's doing.

I've seen Bulaga about 6 times this year and think he looks like a rookie. But he will get more consistent and start for years on that team.

I don't know hows he played this year but I thought that Davis was the highest rated OT left when we picked Spiller.

And so far, Rodger Saffold, who was taken at #33 by the Rams started every game at left tackle this year (they moved 2009 second overall pick Jason Smith to right tackle) and has played as well as any tackle in the draft including Williams and Okung.