Who'da Thunk It

What division you're in, who you play, who your coach is, and who the players around you are...

I bet the Bills would have had a similar or better record in the Seahawks position, honestly. Though, not sure we would have beaten the Saints :lol:

What division you're in, who you play, who your coach is, and who the players around you are...

I bet the Bills would have had a similar or better record in the Seahawks position, honestly. Though, not sure we would have beaten the Saints :lol:

Yup if we had been in the NFC West we would probably have finished 6-10.

Losman and Lynch on a playoff-winning team. A short time ago they were on the Bills rosters. Now they're part of a playoff team. How fates can change so quickly.

They had the same 7-9 record in Buffalo a few years ago too. The difference is our division isn't a complete joke.

It was a pretty good effort for a guy that many posters here guaranteed would never make another NFL roster.

Granted. I love the way JP holds the clipboard with both hands and never uses it as a cupholder for his Gatorade.

Seriously, Pete Carroll has done a fine job in Seattle.

Yes, Seattle is in a weak division. But I thought Carroll would suck in his return to the NFL and he has done exceedingly well. He has given new life to players such as Marshawn Lynch and Mike Williams…and oddly enough, Matt Hasselbeck.

In spite of a lot of injuries, the Seahawks have overachieved.

I have to admit I was really wrong about Pete Carroll. The players on the Seahawks, young and old, seem to really have responded to his style of coaching.

It'll be fun watching Carroll and Harbaugh coach against each other for the next several years after Harbaugh cleaned up on Carroll in the Pac 10.

It does make a difference what team you get on and what division that team is in. I wish them (Losman & Lynch) well in their careers, though. Next season it'll be the Bills turn to get in the playoffs. With a better record than 7-9 though.

PTR, he was probably drawing sketches of different ways he'd look in different beard & mustach combinations. Hey, gotta put that clipboard to some good use, man!

Granted. I love the way JP holds the clipboard with both hands and never uses it as a cupholder for his Gatorade.

Seriously, Pete Carroll has done a fine job in Seattle.

Yes, Seattle is in a weak division. But I thought Carroll would suck in his return to the NFL and he has done exceedingly well. He has given new life to players such as Marshawn Lynch and Mike Williams…and oddly enough, Matt Hasselbeck.

In spite of a lot of injuries, the Seahawks have overachieved.

I have to admit I was really wrong about Pete Carroll. The players on the Seahawks, young and old, seem to really have responded to his style of coaching.

It'll be fun watching Carroll and Harbaugh coach against each other for the next several years after Harbaugh cleaned up on Carroll in the Pac 10.

So Pete Carroll is doing a great job by winning 7 games in the worst division of all time. How does that compare to Jauron winning 7 games year after year in what was typically the best division in the NFL?

So Pete Carroll is doing a great job by winning 7 games in the worst division of all time. How does that compare to Jauron winning 7 games year after year in what was typically the best division in the NFL?

Carroll took over an untalented team which had won 5 games the season before.

They had a lot of injuries this year with 13 players placed on injured reserve.

And yet he managed to resurrect the careers of Matt Hasselbeck, Marshawn Lynch, and Mike Williams.

How does that compare to Jauron's work?

I don't even like Pete Carroll but I'd rather he coached my team than Dick Jauron.

How do YOU think they compare? Are you saying you'd rather have Jauron as your coach?

Carroll took over an untalented team which had won 5 games the season before.

They had a lot of injuries this year with 13 players placed on injured reserve.

And yet he managed to resurrect the careers of Matt Hasselbeck, Marshawn Lynch, and Mike Williams.

How does that compare to Jauron's work?

I don't even like Pete Carroll but I'd rather he coached my team than Dick Jauron.

How do YOU think they compare? Are you saying you'd rather have Jauron as your coach?

SJ, I normally with you but you're a little off base here. He did a great with Williams but Hasselback threw 12 tds & 17 ints this year. Lynch rushed for 3.5 ypc. That's hardly resurrecting.

The 2006 Bills team probably had less talent than the Hawks. He got Jp freakin' Losman to threw 19 tds to 14 ints against a much harder schedule.

Jauron wasn't a good head coach but IMO, his 2006 season was much more impressive than Carroll's 2010.

SJ, I normally with you but you're a little off base here. He did a great with Williams but Hasselback threw 12 tds & 17 ints this year. Lynch rushed for 3.5 ypc. That's hardly resurrecting.

The 2006 Bills team probably had less talent than the Hawks. He got Jp freakin' Losman to threw 19 tds to 14 ints against a much harder schedule.

Jauron wasn't a good head coach but IMO, his 2006 season was much more impressive than Carroll's 2010.

Ofiba was talking about Jauron's teams "winning 7 games year after year"…I'm still waiting to hear his reply.

You've specifically introduced the Bills 2006 season into the conversation.

I'm not arguing that there's a huge difference between this year's Seahawks and any of Dick Jauron's 4 Buffalo teams (24-33, .421 winning percentage).

But this Seattle team is not very talented and had lots of injuries. This includes lots of injuries at quarterback and wide receiver.

In spite of this they beat the defending Super Bowl Champions.

Bottom line, I'm more impressed by what Carroll did this year than any season Dick Jauron had as Bills coach.

But I agree, it's far from a clear cut call.

What I'm ultimately saying is that I'd prefer Carroll over Jauron.

It was a pretty good effort for a guy that many posters here guaranteed would never make another NFL roster.

You are kidding right? I just need to be sure you didn't just credit a player who hasn't been active all season with carrying the Seahawks to a playoff victory.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Along with Mike Mularkey, Willis McGahee, Jason Peters, Michael Oher, Hatoli Ngata, Jay Cutler, Jim Leonhard(if healthy), Clay Mathews Jr.....

They were all once Bills or should have been if not for the clowns at OBD. Thanks again Marv. No talent with or without character gets you 4-12.

Jauron wasn't a good head coach

The backpedal is complete.

I like how you sneak that in there as if you weren't the clown that INSISTED for the entire Jauron era that Jauron was, in fact, as good of a head coach as Bill Belichick.

So, how stupid does one have to be to see Jauron string together 9 losing seasons in 10 years as a head coach and not only fail to realize that he was not a good head coach, but to consider him on par with the INARGUABLY the most successful HC of this generation?

Seriously, you should question your own opinions A LOT more and criticize those of others A LOT less.

What a lot of you don't remember is that Pete Carrol used to be the HC of the Jets, so he has previous NFL HCing experience, and he will have success in the NFL in that weak division.

JP Losman is a Buffalo Bills wasted first round pick, and mostly because the franchise is so inept. The Bills draft a young QB and his coaches change 5 times in 4 years, thus leaving him in the hands of a complete offensive fool in Dick Jauron.

Looking back at John McCargo and Maybin other wasted first round picks by this team, I doubt we will see them on another teams sidelines any time soon ....or the Bills sideline

Lynch was another first round pick, traded away...because Spiller was so much more effective this year.....and the ineptitude continues