Create your own free agent wish list here

Here are some Free agents that we should bring in this offseason. Some of these will be signed and we can't have them all but I think we should bring in:

QB - Alex smith - has had bursts of success and no stabilty at o-coordinator and would be an upgrade over Brohm.

FB - Le'Ron McClain , John Kuhn - these guys are devastating blockers and bring scoring production to the position.

WR - Vincent Jackson - no brainer guy is a stud, would pair well with Evans/Johnson.

ROT - Jeremy Trueblood - Hard nosed smashmouth guy, anything would be an upgrade there.

OG - Logan Mankins - Move over Eric to your rightful position to center, Mankins is a beast and stealing one from the pats would be a bonus.

TE - Kevin Boss - Just what we need, an older version of Gronkowski.

DE - Haloti Ngata - if we got one FA this year he would be it, is massive and good speed.

NT - Paul Soliai - 360 Lb runstuffer, any questions?

ILB - Chad Greenway - Plays outside 43 but is stout along the line and could transition inside

OLB - Lamar Woodley - playmaking passrusher, Pitt is known to let good players go so maybe there is a chance.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

You should have your coffee before posting...

AINT GONNA HAPPEN on 90% of them...nice to dream though...

who make up the 10%?

Here are some Free agents that we should bring in this offseason. Some of these will be signed and we can't have them all but I think we should bring in:

QB - Alex smith - has had bursts of success and no stabilty at o-coordinator and would be an upgrade over Brohm.

...has had bursts of success seems like the definition of a Bills QB these past 10 years. :bag:

Boss and Soliai would be nice. But IMO, anyone thinking this is going to be a huge year for FA signings is in for a rude awakening.

It takes a ton of $ in signing bonuses to land FAs, and with the uncertainty involved in the 2011 season schedule, I just don't see owners league-wide going crazy to spend up-front money that won't have the impact that it would in a "normal" year.

FB - Le'Ron McClain , John Kuhn - these guys are devastating blockers and bring scoring production to the position.

WR - Vincent Jackson - no brainer guy is a stud, would pair well with Evans/Johnson.

ROT - Jeremy Trueblood - Hard nosed smashmouth guy, anything would be an upgrade there.

OG - Logan Mankins - Move over Eric to your rightful position to center, Mankins is a beast and stealing one from the pats would be a bonus.

DE - Haloti Ngata - if we got one FA this year he would be it, is massive and good speed.

ILB - Chad Greenway - Plays outside 43 but is stout along the line and could transition inside

OLB - Lamar Woodley - playmaking passrusher, Pitt is known to let good players go so maybe there is a chance.

Would be nice, but Nix will probably sign a few low to moderately price FAs and thats it. Players like Ngata, Mankins, Woodley and Soliai are not going to happen.

btw- I'd be good with bringing Alex Smith in. He has to be better than Brohm.

Edited by vincec

Boss and Soliai would be nice. But IMO, anyone thinking this is going to be a huge year for FA signings is in for a rude awakening.

It takes a ton of $ in signing bonuses to land FAs, and with the uncertainty involved in the 2011 season schedule, I just don't see owners league-wide going crazy to spend up-front money that won't have the impact that it would in a "normal" year.

Free agents will not be signed until after the cba is agreed upon. A nose tackle to keep an eye is the 49ers franklin. The changed in coaches may lead to a new D and make the 31 year old free agent readily available .

They way Chan gushed over Soila you never know . I could see them singing one big guy. Solia is probably 6-40 type guy. They have done deals like that before.

Id wait to see who gets resigned, franchised, and what other more appealing franchises are targeting before I got to crazy with this.

try not to show your ignorance ,,Haloti Ngata is a NT fool,,,.OR DT ,never a DE

Tombstone, here is the link to the Ravens official website: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Player_Roster/Depth_Chart.aspx'>http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Player_Roster/Depth_Chart.aspx

Haloti Ngata as many people know, is a defensive end. Many fans assume he is a nose tackle similar to how they assumed Green Bay's B.J. Raji was a nose tackle last year.

Raji started at defensive end as a rookie last year and only this year did he transition to nose tackle.

Ngata on the other hand remains primarily a defensive end.

Kelly Gregg is the Ravens primary nose tackle…so try to be nice. It will cast you in a better light when you are the one who is wrong.

try not to show your ignorance ,,Haloti Ngata is a NT fool,,,.OR DT ,never a DE

Tombstone, here is the link to the Ravens official website: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Player_Roster/Depth_Chart.aspx

Haloti Ngata as many people know, is a defensive end. Many fans assume he is a nose tackle similar to how they assumed Green Bay's B.J. Raji was a nose tackle last year.

Raji started at defensive end as a rookie last year and only this year did he transition to nose tackle.

Ngata on the other hand remains primarily a defensive end.

Kelly Gregg is the Ravens primary nose tackle…so try to be nice. It will cast you in a better light when you are the one who is wrong.

I don't like Alex Smith as a backup QB. I'd rather see a guy who had a low ceiling but was reliable, then a streaky bust of an ex-#1. Chad Pennington might not be a bad choice if Miami doesn't bring him back (though I wouldn't be surprised if they do). Also available is Marc Bulger, who could step into that role. Before yesterday, I was sure that Matt Hasselbeck would be the man for the job, but with that win, I'm not sure he won't start in Seattle next year, rather than being an old man free agent.

RB I think we're set - Spiller, Jackson, and McIntyre will handle most of the workload, and whatever's left is a job for either Quinton Ganther types or UDFAs.

WR: If the Bills want a stud addition at WR, I think that's going to start and end with AJ Green. I hope they avoid that temptation in April. Otherwise, Evans-Johnson-Parrish supply a solid veteran staff, with Roosevelt, Jones, and Nelson competing for the spoils. I don't see any UFA activity here.

TE: I'm not sure if Gailey wants a TE in his offense. We tend to spread things out instead and use WRs to catch and TEs to block. There are some real talented UFA TEs this year (Daniels, Boss, Marcedes Lewis, Miller, Scaife) so it might be worth a shot. I think this is going to be Chan's call.

If we want to break the bank, I'd target Tyson Clabo from Atlanta for the o-line, but there are a large number of free agents that pass the "Better than what we've got" test and might not cost $8M/season or more. Gaither, Jammal Brown, maybe Bushrod. Maybe Ryan Harris, Khalif Barnes, or Jeremy Trueblood in the cheaper section.

I think the interior offensive line is unlikely to see a significant upgrade from Levitre-Wood-Hangartener, though of course, I'd like to see a commitment there.

Anybody want to take a look at the defense?

Would be nice, but Nix will probably sign a few low to moderately price FAs and thats it. Players like Ngata, Mankins, Woodley and Soliai are not going to happen.

btw- I'd be good with bringing Alex Smith in. He has to be better than Brohm.

The Bills once made Derick Dockery the highest paid guard in NFL so don't discount them paying for Mankins.

The only guy on this list I want and think can happen is Mankins. He would allow Wood to move to center and instantly make the RT's we have better. Would I love Ngata. Sure but he will be franchised. I don't beleive Maknins can be franchised again next year.

The Bills once made Derick Dockery the highest paid guard in NFL so don't discount them paying for Mankins.

The only guy on this list I want and think can happen is Mankins. He would allow Wood to move to center and instantly make the RT's we have better. Would I love Ngata. Sure but he will be franchised. I don't beleive Maknins can be franchised again next year.

One thing though…the new CBA (whenever it's agreed upon) may not include provisions for "franchise players."

Problems with this:

1. Why would Mankins leave the best run franchise in the NFL to come to one of the worst? That will take lots of $$$ and i don't see it hapening. If we spend that kind of money let get a pass rusher and improve the front 7 on defense!

2. Nothing that Wood did in his 4 games at center suggests that he was an upgrade over Hangartner. Maybe he will develop into a better center as time goes on but Gailey gave no indication that he was and upgrade.

3. I believe Mankins plays LG so I assume you move to RG in Wood's spot? Not sure how this makes the RT's better? We have nothing at RT whether Wood or Mankins plays next to them.