This Harbaugh Guy REALLY Thinks He Is The Man

I think his ego is getting so big that he would never go to a team (no matter how much $$) without a top 10 QB in place. My $$ is on him staying at Stanford and working some package deal with a team that brings him and Luck in 2012. Good for him I suppose but he is starting to bug me.....

And you came to this conclusion, how exactly?

Yeah, I'm wondering that too.

Apparently, just because the media has tagged him as a hot ticket, the guy is full of himself. Meanwhile, it would not surprise me that he says zero to the media and stays at Stanford.

Look at every single coaching fire/non-rehire that happened this year. How many of those teams had a good QB? NONE!!!! I guess you could argue Denver but they drafted Tebow so that’s a bit wacky as McDanials guy wasn’t in yet.

Sporana has done great in Miami, its not his fault Parcells didn’t take M Ryan. Cable did great in Oakland with 3 backups playing merry-go-round. Mangini’s best QB was a 3rd round rookie, and his team smashed through the Pats. Singletary was a game or two away from winning their division and got fired for not having a QB. Give those 4 guys a good QB and they make the playoffs or are damn close.

If Harbaugh is going to bet his entire coaching future on his next move why shouldn’t he want a QB. QB > the other 21 positions combined and the HC

I think his ego is getting so big that he would never go to a team (no matter how much $$) without a top 10 QB in place. My $$ is on him staying at Stanford and working some package deal with a team that brings him and Luck in 2012. Good for him I suppose but he is starting to bug me.....

You talk like guys who can write their own tickets have never done that before.

Bill Parcells took the NE job with the #1 pick in the draft.

Bill Polian took the Carolina job with the #1 pick in the draft.

Then Bill Polian took the Indianapolis job when Peyton Manning was in the draft & Indy had the top pick.

In the NBA, Phil Jackson chose the Lakers with Shaq & Kobe already there.

Do you think that when Cowher comes back he's going to go to a team with no QB and a mid round pick? If he wanted to he could have the Miami job & be in that situation with one phone call.

When you're the hot name, you get to write your own ticket. Any hot coach or GM who would take a job with no QB and without the means to acquire one, like having the top pick in a year when the top QB is worth the #1 pick, is setting himself up to fail. Why would anyone who can write his own ticket ever put himself in a place where he has little chance of success and a great chance of failure?

You talk like guys who can write their own tickets have never done that before.

Bill Parcells took the NE job with the #1 pick in the draft.

Bill Polian took the Carolina job with the #1 pick in the draft.

Then Bill Polian took the Indianapolis job when Peyton Manning was in the draft & Indy had the top pick.

In the NBA, Phil Jackson chose the Lakers with Shaq & Kobe already there.

Do you think that when Cowher comes back he's going to go to a team with no QB and a mid round pick? If he wanted to he could have the Miami job & be in that situation with one phone call.

When you're the hot name, you get to write your own ticket. Any hot coach or GM who would take a job with no QB and without the means to acquire one, like having the top pick in a year when the top QB is worth the #1 pick, is setting himself up to fail. Why would anyone who can write his own ticket ever put himself in a place where he has little chance of success and a great chance of failure?

You said it. I could not agree with you more. With the churn at the position of HC in the NFL, who in their right mind wants to come into a no-win situation??? Carolina, Denver and Buffalo have a laundry list of players needed to compete with the big boys. No established coach wants to come in and deal with that. These teams are in big holes and are not getting out anytime soon. If a sweet deal comes along, I'm sure a Cowher would take it. Otherwise you get Mike Mularkey...

So until next Friday is there anything preventing Luck from changing his mind and deciding to leave college? Let's assume on Tuesday JH announces he's leaving Stanford, can Luck change his mind? The deadline to declare is the 14th I know. I'm assuming you have to fill out papers ot state you're leaving for the NFL, but owuld imagine you do nothing if staying??

For all reasons stated, I'd be stunned if Jim Harbaugh took the Miami job (which, incidentally, isn't vacant -- so much class in the Miami FO). However, I would love to see it happen, because he probably wouldn't fare all that well, and it would provide Reason #185 to hate them a little more.

It is great to see Miami's FO openly undermining their current head coach though. That's gotta be great for the locker room. :lol:

:blink:

He's a great coach who has rapidly turned around a bad program and groomed one of the better QB prospects. He's done well and is the hot name in coaching, and as such he is getting a lot of looks. What ego? His phone is ringing off the hook with teams offering him in excess of $7 million a season to coach.

Also, teams with star QBs generally don't have ongoing head coaching searches.

bet lost

On the other hand, what if he was the biggest reason Luck turned into the player he is? Josh Johnson, who JH coached at USD, had a 108 td to 14 int ratio. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=166992

I think JH is a hell of an offensive coach. Personally, I think he could be one of the great college coaches because of the control he would have over the team. We shall see. Plus if he fails in the NFL, he might just go back to Stanford anyways.

So does Luck change his mind if his agent can broker a trade between the Niners and Panthers?

PTR

I hope Carolina would be smart enough to wait until January 15th until the declaration deadline passes,or at least have in a built in clause in any deal that gives them more picks if Luck is the first overall choice.