• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there ANY cast-off player we don't want to sign? :doh:

PTR

Agreed PTR :doh:

I just can not believe that people always want everyones castoffs. WTF, I must be missing the sign for check brain at the door! :doh:

Isn't discussing topics like this the reason for this board? Perhaps we should go back to discussing how cheap Ralph is, how badly the team suck or new uniforms.

Take a second to think about it - how many people on here clamored that they didn't want Vick when he was available, that he was a bad player anyway and not worth the trouble? Yea, I pay attention to the NFL, second chances on the cheap with little to lose for the team that takes the risk seem to work out brilliantly from time to time.

I hear what you are saying but c'mon every player that is released, somebody here wants to sign. WTF :doh:

I am not going to pull up stats, I can see it will get no where.

You are saying it is easier to teach someone to be smart instead of train someone to get stronger? VY may not have got a 6 on the Wunderlic, but he is no genius. I remember an article years ago that all successful QB's have a higher then average score. That's ALL, as in ALL. The greatest QB's had over 30 if I remember right, one had a 25 but he was not of the "best." Fitz doesn't need to have a cannon of an arm as long as he can put the ball in the right place. No NFL QB needs to throw a ball over 20 yards to be successful. A 10 yard passing QB is more important then a 40 yard.

ps: Fitz is no weakling.

Not ALL--Marino had a 16 (about 4 less than Mike Vick, BTW). You'd take Dan Marino redux as our QB if he was available wouldn't you? Anyone know Jimbo's score? I'm guessing it's not in the 30s, but could be wrong.....

You are entirely confused.

Fitz is better then VY. VY may offer more potential but Fitz is not done reaching the top. He is much smarter then VY, much more able to adapt, faster, every bit as young as Fitz.

VY has a Heisman, BFD. He came out hyped, played on a team that was loaded with talent and played above his abilities young. Since mid '07 he has done nothing and that is too long. If he had a good '09 season I'd say we should take a chance.

Actually, Fitzpatrick and Vince Young are very similar quarterbacks. Having watched many titans games as I am a VY fan, Vince Young is much more consistent. What I mean by that is he is less likely to have 3 int + games. They both are very mobile, and have a good arm. I'd say Fitzpatrick has better accuracy with the mid-range short throws were VY is a lot better throwing down the field. With that said, I'd love for VY to come here although I'm not sure how well he would do with the problems we have on the o-line.

Actually if a player is really stupid yu cant teach the mental

If you can teach a squirrel to ride a toy jet ski you can teach a retard to read a defense...LOL..

I am not going to pull up stats, I can see it will get no where.

You are saying it is easier to teach someone to be smart instead of train someone to get stronger? VY may not have got a 6 on the Wunderlic, but he is no genius. I remember an article years ago that all successful QB's have a higher then average score. That's ALL, as in ALL. The greatest QB's had over 30 if I remember right, one had a 25 but he was not of the "best." Fitz doesn't need to have a cannon of an arm as long as he can put the ball in the right place. No NFL QB needs to throw a ball over 20 yards to be successful. A 10 yard passing QB is more important then a 40 yard.

ps: Fitz is no weakling.

Really a wonderlic test? Not football but a fu*cking test... You can have that im not gonna bother but I never said Fitz was a weakling. All around athletic abilty and football skill theres no way you can even pick Fitz over VY, metally Fitz has it together thats not even in question but thats all he has better than VY. If you wanna pull stats go ahead i'll just pull awards. Which is better overall stats or awards... CHECKMATE!!!

You can work out and improve your physical attributes more easily than you can study your way to a higher IQ. And I don't care how often Vince Young drags his ass (and knuckles) into the film room, he's never going to excel at dissecting defenses, and he's still going to be emotionally unstable.

Um no if your naturally gifted you will always be great but you still have to work harder to hone those skill completely. Micheal Vick was physically gifted in ATL but he didn't give his all in the film room, Now look at him. So you tellin me Fitz can work hard enuff and turn into Mike Vick? Sh*t if he does I'll pay top dollar for that trainer. Fitz has the mental but theres no way in hell he can work that hard to get where VY is athletically. Once again EITHER YOU HAVE IT OR YOU DON'T and fitz doesn't...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

if we can get him for a 5th round pick i say we take a chance on him and hope his head is on straight, and as for him being lazy maybe it was a team thing look at fat Albert :oops: i would hate to see us miss out like we did on mike vick also maybe his tight end would come with him he is a free agent :beer:

No interest in VY under any circumstances.

Fisher...you would think this means he'll be back.

Please don't look this up...I'm really interested in everyone's answers without googling...

Fisher has been the HC of the Oilers/Titans for 16 full

seasons. How many times did his teams make the

playoffs?

I don't think the Bills need to trade for him. They are not in that bad of shape to trade a pick for a potential has been. They could have grabbed Russell this year if that was the case. VY is NOT Russell. Wait to see if he gets wavied and grab him them. He would fill a hole for at least the next season then. We would have Fitz, Young, and Brown (I think Brohm is done in B-Lo). If someone else trades for him, then oh well, back to where we are at now.

I say this turns VY into a better player. It should light a fire under him. Then to sit in the film room with a coach that actually wants him would have to be a boon to his dedication and plain 'ol enjoyment of the game. Tyler Thigpen lit it up for Chan Gailey. Kordell Stewart went to the Pro Bowl with this guy. VY could be in for a Michael Vick-like transformation in the right situation. I just hope the Bills will pony up the cash and convince him to come here. Sadly, I think a team like Washington would have an easier time winning him over. Trade seems necessary to get him here. He makes the offense a whole lot scarier from Day 1. He could really light it up for us. Best arm we'd have back there since our heyday. Toss him maybe Plaxico and his buddy Bo Scaife and scheming for the Buffalo Bills would be a whole new story.

Please don't look this up...I'm really interested in everyone's answers without googling...

Fisher has been the HC of the Oilers/Titans for 16 full seasons. How many times did his teams make the playoffs?

I think it's 5 or 6.

i think it's worth looking into.....it would absolutely be an upgrade over Brohm and Levi Brown. probably could get him for a 4th.....assuming we don't get Luck....i'm not sure any other QB is worth the third overall. but i also think that you will see five QB's go in first round and i doubt a good one will be there for us in second round. it would free the Bills up to go defense with the #3 overall pick and the #34 overall (second rounder).

Vince Young's QB rating this year was 98.6

which if he had enough games to qualify would make him the 5th highest rated passer in the league.

his physical skills are undeniable.....his weakness is intelligence.....coach him up. he obviously does not know how to handle not being the starter, which is what got him in trouble with fisher. that comes with maturity. i doubt he would want to come to buffalo to be a backup next year with so many other teams looking for a starter. but it's worth exploring.

I think the only way a trade works out is if he renegotiates w/ten before he's traded. No one's picking up that contract.

Good move by Tennessee, and possibly a good move for Vince as well.

Edited by BlueFire

I think it's 5 or 6.

Anyone who's interested has probably looked, but you and Camel have the correct number...6 times in 16 years, 3 times he's lost in the first round, twice in the second, he did reach the SB in his first attempt. His playoff winning percentage is 45, regular season 54.

So...how good is he that he's stuck around for 16+ seasons with the same organization? Cowher as a comparison was with Pitt for 15 years, his teams went to the playoffs 10 times (one SB win, one SB loss). Cowher's playoff WP is 57, regular season 62.

I don't think that the owner is making a mistake by cutting ties with Young, but, Fisher might need a change too.

His playoff winning percentage is 45, regular season 54.

I did not even give him that much credit. I knew he went to the Superbowl and was 3-1 that year, and lost in a first round a few years back. His time in Houston I could not recall.

I don't think that the owner is making a mistake by cutting ties with Young, but, Fisher might need a change too.

I fully expected his name to be called when coaches were being fired. He'll be gone next year and the Titans will have to draft a QB this year. Fisher will do so just to save himself.

"The fact that he still has a hard time calling plays in the huddle, that's a problem for us," a Titans source said. "There's not indifference here about Vince. There's some serious animosity. A lot of guys would want out of here if he came back. Everyone knows he's the guy who's supposed to drive the car, he's supposed to be our leader. But he doesn't do the things you have to have your quarterback do. Guys can't trust him. Even after all this time. It had to start with not having No. 10 back here."

Oh man we need this guy :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: like we need another draft bust!

PTR

Actually, Fitzpatrick and Vince Young are very similar quarterbacks. Having watched many titans games as I am a VY fan, Vince Young is much more consistent. What I mean by that is he is less likely to have 3 int + games. They both are very mobile, and have a good arm. I'd say Fitzpatrick has better accuracy with the mid-range short throws were VY is a lot better throwing down the field. With that said, I'd love for VY to come here although I'm not sure how well he would do with the problems we have on the o-line.

The entire reason the guy is available is he is a head case, but still has some amazing talent and skills. In comparing him to Fitz there is no question he has a better skill set then Fitz. My take is VY would be a steal if he is released and clears waivers. Should the Bills pick the guy up and let him learn under Chan Gailey he could fully develop into a top super star QB, and the franchise QB the Bills have been looking for since Jim Kelly. Plus, this would allow the Bills to use that # 3 overall on a OLB or DE.

Then again should Carolina pick up YV and they won't have a need at QB,and either will Denver as they have Tim Tebow, so there might be a way to secure Luck if he decides to declare. I think he will enter the draft because his coach is going pro to either SF or Denver.

To all the guys cryiung about "oh no, not another teams cast off". This guy has 5 years NFL experience and has shown he can win in this league, was drafted as the #3 overall. Only Andrew Luck would be a better pick up, even then it might take the guy 3 or more years to fully develop for the NFL

The off-season has started. Some here want Vince Young?? Anyone pay attention to the NFL at all?

this is the same board that didn't want vick. take vince in a heart beat - fisher never wanted him there, but young can be a very good quarterback. he probably would have had the titans competing for the division this year. lets not make the same mistake (vick) twice. i would make the deal this morning, and have fitzy listed as our number 2 by lunch. if gaily can have fitz looking above average, he can make young a pro bowler (again.)

If you can teach a squirrel to ride a toy jet ski you can teach a retard to read a defense...LOL..

Really a wonderlic test? Not football but a fu*cking test... You can have that im not gonna bother but I never said Fitz was a weakling. All around athletic abilty and football skill theres no way you can even pick Fitz over VY, metally Fitz has it together thats not even in question but thats all he has better than VY. If you wanna pull stats go ahead i'll just pull awards. Which is better overall stats or awards... CHECKMATE!!!

Um no if your naturally gifted you will always be great but you still have to work harder to hone those skill completely. Micheal Vick was physically gifted in ATL but he didn't give his all in the film room, Now look at him. So you tellin me Fitz can work hard enuff and turn into Mike Vick? Sh*t if he does I'll pay top dollar for that trainer. Fitz has the mental but theres no way in hell he can work that hard to get where VY is athletically. Once again EITHER YOU HAVE IT OR YOU DON'T and fitz doesn't...

Just a word of caution RotBB23, coming on the board flexing I-muscles is the fastest way to be ushered off the board. See that word 'Probation' under your screen name? Tone down your rhetoric and cease the vulgarity. You have no more insight into the Bills/NFL than anyone else here. Acting like you do and belittling other posters comments isn't tolerated. Thank you and welcome to the board.

With Young being tossed out, that makes the top 3 QB's drafted in '06 jettisoned from the teams who drafted them: Young, Leinart & Cutler -all taken in the first 11 picks!

Talk about a crapshoot!:o

This thread can't possibly be serious. Every time a crappy "never will be" QB seems to be headed for the garbage pile, someone on this board posts what a tremendous upside the bum has. yes, Vince Young is a very, and incredibly talented athlete but a good QB, seriously, no. I was quietly watching when people posted threads for almost every other QB out there, but this one takes the cake. Sorry, it just gets old. In the NFL(Most cases) one man's trash is another man's trash.