Ryan Fitzpatrick screwed the Bills over

JPicc2114

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty pissed off that Chan Gailey is probably not going to take a QB high in the draft because Ryan Fitzpatrick had a descent year. I would have rather had a hugh flop at QB this year so we could finally draft the high first round pick that this franchise has needed for years. Fitz's play has prevented the Bills from hitting rock bottom and now it looks like we will have 2-3 more years of flopping around with no direction. Fitzpatrick does not win football games.

If being a huge flop is what you wanted, you must be delighted with Maybin then

This complaint might turn out to be true. If Luck declares, in 5 years we might regret not going 1-15 this year.

We'll have to wait and see but it's very possible that Fitzpatrick did screw this franchise (through no fault of his own, of course) by being good enough to turn 1-15 into 4-12.

Given Fitz's numbers, I thought this year he ascended. Then again, ascending/descending, it's all relative.

Now that's funny. I thought Fitz "ascended" against New England (the 1st game), Baltimore, and Pittsburgh, but he "descended" against New England (the 2nd game), the Jets, and Minnesota. For the other games he played, I thought he was "decent".

I can't believe some posters are actually claiming that a 4 and 12 record says everything we need to know about Fitzpatrick. I'm not saying the guy is a football god or anything, but there are 52 other guys on the roster and coaches who share that record. Go look at our defensive play this year and you will see another reason why we have 12 losses.

This complaint might turn out to be true. If Luck declares, in 5 years we might regret not going 1-15 this year.

We'll have to wait and see but it's very possible that Fitzpatrick did screw this franchise (through no fault of his own, of course) by being good enough to turn 1-15 into 4-12.

Yes but in 5 years who knows what Fitz might be able to accomplish with some continuity and a healthy offensive roster. Assuming a solid line and defense can be built in that time. Hindsight will always be 20/20. Regardless of where he goes, I do think Luck will be special. Just have a feeling like I did when Manning was coming out.

Edited by Van_phelaN1

Im pretty pissed off that Chan Gailey is probably not going to take a QB high in the draft because Ryan Fitzpatrick had a descent year. I would have rather had a hugh flop at QB this year so we could finally draft the high first round pick that this franchise has needed for years. Fitz's play has prevented the Bills from hitting rock bottom and now it looks like we will have 2-3 more years of flopping around with no direction. Fitzpatrick does not win football games.

Whoa! First off: Ryan Fitz didn't screw thet Bills over. He came in and did his job, exactly what he is paid to do. Now because he performed better or higher then what was expected of him, that doesn't mean now that he's gonna repeat this feat again in 2011. After seeing the last game of this season, it goes without question that the Bills need another QB. Brohm is not an answer and should be let go in the 2011 offseason. Now with that in mind. I say if Luck comes out in 2011, you draft him and build the team around him. He's a leader and is certainly gonna be a Pro Bowl QB in the NFL. Bottom line is the Bills need the upgrade the position. Smart coaches always look to upgrade every position and would be foolhardy to put all your eggs in one basket in Fitz. We need to find another QB, and if Luck comes out, and is sitting at 3rd I can't see how the Bills pass on him.

Fitzpatrick is not elite, never will be elite. The Bills right now need an elite QB. That is how you win in the NFL. It all starts with a franchise QB and Fitz is not it. He can hold the fort down for a year while the Bills develop a QB, but you HAVE to take a franchise QB if he is there in the first round. Look at the F'n Rams... I live in St. Louis and its pretty obvious what a good young QB can do to a team and a fan base.

We still need a QB so our first pick should be: Luck, Mallett or Newton, in that order. If we can get Luck, we should take him, if not than we should go for Mallett (his huge arm would be a great fit for the windy Ralph and Gailey's spread formations). Newton would be my 3rd option for a first round QB, he has a strong arm, is smart, plays with a ton of passion and can run. There is no reason why we can't get one of these guys. Then we go DE or DT with the next pick or two, then on to LB, RT, and perhaps a TE such as Andre Smith from VA Tech. Andre Smith is a big kid that can block but also has great hands and may still be availble around the 5th round or so.

I wish Brian Brohm good luck where ever he ends up.

Go Bills!!!!!!

Fitzpatrick is the perfect QB for this franchise, and apparently most of the fans (although not me). He is the definition of mediocrity. The Bills can upgrade the lines all they want, but they can't downgrade the dumb decisions Fitzpatrick has made or will continue to make that cost the team a few games this year. If this team is fighting for a playoff spot and needs to win the last game to get in, I don't want Fitz as the guy to be the QB. He is a great backup, and no more. This team needs to draft a top 3 QB (Luck, Newton, Gabbert) to prove to the fans they are dedicated on winning sooner rather than later.

Edited by Rayzer32

We still need a QB so our first pick should be: Luck, Mallett or Newton, in that order. If we can get Luck, we should take him, if not than we should go for Mallett (his huge arm would be a great fit for the windy Ralph and Gailey's spread formations). Newton would be my 3rd option for a first round QB, he has a strong arm, is smart, plays with a ton of passion and can run. There is no reason why we can't get one of these guys. Then we go DE or DT with the next pick or two, then on to LB, RT, and perhaps a TE such as Andre Smith from VA Tech. Andre Smith is a big kid that can block but also has great hands and may still be availble around the 5th round or so.

I wish Brian Brohm good luck where ever he ends up.

Go Bills!!!!!!

Mallett is Brian Brohm: Version 2, just my opinion. Pocket passer, big arm, great in college. who knows how he does behind our line if we don't draft some tackles and a TE or get them in FA. Who knows how BB would do in a couple or more of real games?

Newton may bust, we don't know if he will be good or Maybin 2.0 at QB (although from what I saw this year it is not really my opinion) I like him better as a number 2 choice behind Luck. Truth is I would be happy if we went D or just BPA (since it might be what Buddy and Chan decide to do anyway). If it is a CB or a WR I know some peoples heads will explode around here though.

Fitzpatrick is not elite, never will be elite. The Bills right now need an elite QB. That is how you win in the NFL. It all starts with a franchise QB and Fitz is not it. He can hold the fort down for a year while the Bills develop a QB, but you HAVE to take a franchise QB if he is there in the first round. Look at the F'n Rams... I live in St. Louis and its pretty obvious what a good young QB can do to a team and a fan base.

True, but correct me if I'm wrong, they addressed the OL big time with the FA center and drafting two OT early in 1st and 2nd. Not to mention taking Chris Long on the DL a few years back. See a pattern? Fortify lines and then get the QB.

The more I think about it, the more I realize how smart the Panthers were.

Think about how awful Clausen looked week in and week out this year. Would any team in their right mind have continued to trot him out behind center week after week after week?

Ahhh, but Carolina WAS in the right state of mind. They were thinking Andrew Luck all along and continued to send out Clausen to secure that prize.

It was extremely fishy, perhaps ethically questionable, but in the end might prove to be brilliant.

Clausen could've gotten hurt out on the field. He was unprepared to be an NFL starter this year.

But the ends justify the means.

Mark Sanchez is not elite.. Matt Hasselbeck is not elite.. both are in the playoffs. I know, I know.. the 'hawks finished 7-9 and won a pathetic division, but he did beat out "the F'in Rams" and their Golden Boy.

Mark Sanchez is not elite.. Matt Hasselbeck is not elite.. both are in the playoffs. I know, I know.. the 'hawks finished 7-9 and won a pathetic division, but he did beat out "the F'in Rams" and their Golden Boy.

But Fitzpatrick will NEVER beat out Brady or Sanchez to earn a wildcard spot. The reason the Dolphins stunk was their lack of a decent QB in a tough division.

"True, but correct me if I'm wrong, they addressed the OL big time with the FA center and drafting two OT early in 1st and 2nd. Not to mention taking Chris Long on the DL a few years back. See a pattern? Fortify lines and then get the QB"

The Rams got real lucky with Roger Saffold. Jason Smith is a bust. Jason Brown is overpaid. Chris Long is not Pick #2 worthy. The Rams made a bunch of dumb moves until they drafted their franchise QB.