American Idol Season 10

ajzepp

Well, there was good news and bad news from the show tonight...the good news is that a few of the guys were better than I thought they'd be and should go a long way toward keeping the weekly performances strong. The bad news is that a few of the guys I THOUGHT would show up completely crapped the bed.

Here are my rankings from tonights show:

1) James Durbin...the guy knows how to LISTEN!! He went a long way toward becoming a legit talent by not screaming and screeching his way through the song. Nice job!

2) Jacob Lusk...this guy is transforming into a female right before our eyes, but he surely can sing.

3) Casey Abrams...keeps it interesting

4) Stefano Langone...I think this kid may have the most upside of anyone. Nice job on the Bruno Mars song.

5) Clint Jun Gamboa...great way to open the show...kid's got some chops

6) Paul McDonald...Wasn't crazy about his Rod Stewart impression, but I enjoy his style of music.

Screw the rest of 'em!

EDIT: Actually, I want to send out a slight "F-U" to mr abdominals. "I'll Be" is one of my favorite songs ever, and this guy turned it into elevator music! I hope that fukker gets kicked off the show this week just for that

Edited by ajzepp

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've changed my opinion of James. Wow, he can sing when he's not up there screeching!

Jacob...amazing soulful voice! Love Luther and he did a great job with this song.

Tim, Tim, Tim..you disappoint me! :ph34r:

Casey...gotta love him. I just love watching him perform! :lol:

Carrot Top...annoying. Please go away!

Aladdin is cute but...meh.

Paul's smile..wow! I like him but not sure how far he'll go.

The rest...meh!

My thoughts:

Casey was great, definitely a top contender.

James did the right thing by not overdoing the high notes. I am glad that he is not Adam Lambert 2.

Clint kicked off the show with a bang, he will be around for awhile.

Scotty can sing country good, he deserves to stay.

Paul could be the darkhorse this season with his subtle way of singing. Will he get the "young" vote?

Robbie was pretty good, but I think he can do better.

Jacob is talented, but I think he may have peaked already during Hollywood week.

Jovany sang nice, but needs to stand out better.

Stefano was forgettable, I do'nt know what the judges heard that made them think he can be on the radio.

Jordan tried way too hard and that could cost him.

Tim did'nt even show up. He'll be an early exit.

Brett singing The Doors? Huge mistake. But apparently the judges liked it, God knows why.

Let's see what the ladies have tomorrow.

My thoughts:

Casey was great, definitely a top contender.

James did the right thing by not overdoing the high notes. I am glad that he is not Adam Lambert 2.

Clint kicked off the show with a bang, he will be around for awhile.

Scotty can sing country good, he deserves to stay.

Paul could be the darkhorse this season with his subtle way of singing. Will he get the "young" vote?

Robbie was pretty good, but I think he can do better.

Jacob is talented, but I think he may have peaked already during Hollywood week.

Jovany sang nice, but needs to stand out better.

Stefano was forgettable, I do'nt know what the judges heard that made them think he can be on the radio.

Jordan tried way too hard and that could cost him.

Tim did'nt even show up. He'll be an early exit.

Brett singing The Doors? Huge mistake. But apparently the judges liked it, God knows why.

Let's see what the ladies have tomorrow.

You know, that's a great point. Randy may have really set this kid up for failure by referring to his hollywood week performance as the "greatest Idol performance ever". How can this kid possibly live up to that? That being said, his natural talent is there in spades...I don't think his appeal will be such that he has a chance to win, but I could see him carving out a very nice little niche for himself in the music biz....maybe like spiritual/gospel type music.

...do you know how badly Jets fans are laughing at you guys right now with all of this American Idol nonsense!? Those fruits over there are falling over bursting at the seams. Of course, they're watching Housewives and Uglu Betty, but American Idol is not much better...

Ok, I will stay out of your thread now :nana:

Casey Abrams form American Idol put a spell on me, cat can sing, Mercy!!!

James Durbin, Scotty MCcreery, Jacob Lusk

Some amazing talent this season, almost impossible to shave the guys down to 5 without feeling like you just sent home the next American Idol

Edited by Fig Newton

does anyone know the song line up for tonight?

Here is what I found -

1. Tatynisa Wilson - "Only Girl (in the world)" by Rihanna

2. Naima Adedapo - "Summertime" by George Gershwin

3. Kendra Chantelle - "Impossible" by Christina Aguilera

4. Rachel Zevita - "Criminal" by Fiona Apple

5. Karen Rodriguez - "Hero" (in Spanish and English) by Mariah Carey

6. Lauren Turner - "Seven Day Fool" by Etta James (Jully Black also did a cover recently)

7. Ashthon Jones - "Love All Over Me" by Monica

8. Julie Zorilla - "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson

9. Haley Reinhart - "Fallin" by Alicia Keys

10. Thia Megia - "Out Here On My Own" by Irene Cara

11. Lauren Alaina - "Turn On the Radio" by Reba McEntire

12. Pia Toscano - "I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders

...do you know how badly Jets fans are laughing at you guys right now with all of this American Idol nonsense!? Those fruits over there are falling over bursting at the seams. Of course, they're watching Housewives and Uglu Betty, but American Idol is not much better...

We don't give a sheet. :nana:

Casey Abrams form American Idol put a spell on me, cat can sing, Mercy!!!

James Durbin, Scotty MCcreery, Jacob Lusk

Some amazing talent this season, almost impossible to shave the guys down to 5 without feeling like you just sent home the next American Idol

The show last night - a top 24 show - had more talent than the any of the top 12 shows from the last two years...and we still haven't even seen the women go yet. There are definitely some legit singers this year. :thumbsup:

We don't give a sheet. :nana:

same here. dont give a sheet about the jets or what they think of me us or whatever.

Here is what I found -

4. Rachel Zevita - "Criminal" by Fiona Apple

5. Karen Rodriguez - "Hero" (in Spanish and English) by Mariah Carey

6. Lauren Turner - "Seven Day Fool" by Etta James (Jully Black also did a cover recently)

8. Julie Zorilla - "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson

looking forward to these and especially the highlighted ones.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

My thoughts:

Casey was my favorite!!!

James composed himself last night. i think down the line he will suck and screarm his ass off. its too addicting for him.

Clint kicked off the show with a bang. i agree.

Scotty can sing country good, he deserves to stay. he's ready for country NOW!

Paul . very gay demeanor. his voice is great. towards the end of his performance, he came off as a leprachaun to me. sorry paul.

alladin sings sweet. HOWEVER arms of an angel is the most boring song in the whole universe. not only earth. everywhere. yuck!

Jacob is great. Can he sing some popular luther classics. "dance with my father" c'mon. dont sing stuff that only a gospel person would know.

Jovany .he's pretty weak to me. i hope he didnt quit his shipyard gig.

Stefano sings like a girl. since i love girls so much, i'll let him stay for a while.

Tim did'nt even show up. He'll be an early exit. boo. boring. boo.

Brett singing The Doors? i would have no problem if he put some soul in his performance. light my fiya. not fire!!!!

an early favorite of mine skinny black guy who sang OMG. i liked his performance. not crazy for it. he went too out of the box for the first performance. a guy like me who likes dance music respects the song choice. but dude, didnt he know you have to dance your ass off to that song..... he shot himself i think. i voted for him and casey.

Let's see what the ladies have tonight. They are better. They will be awesome.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

My thoughts:

Casey was my favorite!!!

James composed himself last night. i think down the line he will suck and screarm his ass off. its too addicting for him.

Clint kicked off the show with a bang. i agree.

Scotty can sing country good, he deserves to stay. he's ready for country NOW!

Paul . very gay demeanor. his voice is great. towards the end of his performance, he came off as a leprachaun to me. sorry paul.

alladin sings sweet. HOWEVER arms of an angel is the most boring song in the whole universe. not only earth. everywhere. yuck!

Jacob is great. Can he sing some popular luther classics. "dance with my father" c'mon. dont sing stuff that only a gospel person would know.

Jovany .he's pretty weak to me. i hope he didnt quit his shipyard gig.

Stefano sings like a girl. since i love girls so much, i'll let him stay for a while.

Tim did'nt even show up. He'll be an early exit. boo. boring. boo.

Brett singing The Doors? i would have no problem if he put some soul in his performance. light my fiya. not fire!!!!

an early favorite of mine skinny black guy who sang OMG. i liked his performance. not crazy for it. he went too out of the box for the first performance. a guy like me who likes dance music respects the song choice. but dude, didnt he know you have to dance your ass off to that song..... he shot himself i think. i voted for him and casey.

Let's see what the ladies have tonight. They are better. They will be awesome.

Seriously? I can make noises come out of my asss that sound better than he did last night! :w00t:

same here. dont give a sheet about the jets or what they think of me us or whatever.

I like the way you think! You are one cool dude. :thumbsup:

Seriously? I can make noises come out of my asss that sound better than he did last night! :w00t:

There is some truth to this. :ph34r:

Here is what I found -

1. Tatynisa Wilson - "Only Girl (in the world)" by Rihanna

7. Ashthon Jones - "Love All Over Me" by Monica

10. Thia Megia - "Out Here On My Own" by Irene Cara

What kind of names are those?!

They can laugh at us all they want. And I doubt they are watching Housewives or Ugly Betty, more likely they are watching Jersey Shore.

I thought the girls were a little better than the guys overall, with one or two of them really surprising me. Here are my top 6 for the night...

1A)Pia...holy crap, that was nice.

1B) Lauren Alaina...she is the most natural performer with the most potential in this competition, IMO.

3)Kendra...I honestly don't even remember this girl from before tonight...but I'll remember her from this point forward. This is what makes the show interesting...seeing some chick really start to come out of her shell and find her voice. She killed this song.

4)Naima...I really like this girl. I think she can pretty much forget about having to clean crappers anymore

5)Thia...I agree with the judges...this girl is beyond her years. Loved the opening!

6)Karen...I'm sort of sick of that song, but I loved the parts she sang in Spanish

Chubby Lauren, Hayley, and Julie have potential, too...really the only two performances I thought were bad were Rachel and Ta-Tynesia.

This show pretty confirmed it will be the most talented top 12 ever, with about 4-6 of these kids really having a shot to win it, IMO.

You guys agree? Disagree?

I thought the girls were a little better than the guys overall, with one or two of them really surprising me. Here are my top 6 for the night...

1A)Pia...holy crap, that was nice.

1B) Lauren Alaina...she is the most natural performer with the most potential in this competition, IMO.

3)Kendra...I honestly don't even remember this girl from before tonight...but I'll remember her from this point forward. This is what makes the show interesting...seeing some chick really start to come out of her shell and find her voice. She killed this song.

4)Naima...I really like this girl. I think she can pretty much forget about having to clean crappers anymore

5)Thia...I agree with the judges...this girl is beyond her years. Loved the opening!

6)Karen...I'm sort of sick of that song, but I loved the parts she sang in Spanish

Chubby Lauren, Hayley, and Julie have potential, too...really the only two performances I thought were bad were Rachel and Ta-Tynesia.

This show pretty confirmed it will be the most talented top 12 ever, with about 4-6 of these kids really having a shot to win it, IMO.

You guys agree? Disagree?

I'm feeling a bit lazy to type but I agree with most of what you said here. Da girls kicked ass tonight! How many of you think Ashthon reminds you of a young Diana Ross!?? Crazy performance!