J.P. going to the playoffs with the beard in tow

Technically, he hasn't played again in the NFL -- unless you count being the emergency 3rd string QB as playing...

Indeed. The problem was my wording in the earlier post. Let me correct that:

There were many who asserted JP would never again be on the roster of an NFL team.

Better?

I also remember several posters who were positive JP would never again play in the NFL.

Well, you can't get much closer to not playing in the NFL again than what he has done. He's been out of the NFL for the majority of his time since he left the Bills - is the 3rd string QB on a team that had cut him at the end of training camp- and has attempted one pass for an incompletion since he left.

Remember when Beast Mode and JP were supposed to save this franchise? Amazing that these two are 5 minutes away from going to the playoffs together on another team. (not that JP had anything to do with this).

Please understand as we discuss the Seahawks and Rams contend for a "division title" that it is almost certainly the worst division in the history of the NFL.

So, for example, I will say with great confidence that even our Bills, with all their warts, would have stood a good chance of winning this division.

The winner of of last night's game (Seattle) has just set themselves back by nearly a dozen spots of the draft, and will fall to last place in the division and stay there within a couple years. The Rams and 49ers are both in better shape going forward.

Seattle is happy today. In one week they will be recovering from a 30-point "playoff" loss to New Orleans in front of their home fans. Oh boy!

I wouldn't trade places with a Seahawk fan.

Edited by BobChalmers

at 7-9 they are the worst playoff team in history. The system should be changed with a record like that they dont deserve to be in the playoffs

Disagree...100%.

I know it's pretty pathetic that a team with a worse record than the Giants, Buccaneers, Chargers, Jaguars, & Raiders is going to the playoffs while those teams are not, but I still think it's an accomplishment to win your division. As bad as the NFC West is, I don't think it makes any sense to not allow a division winner into the playoffs.

Disagree...100%.

I know it's pretty pathetic that a team with a worse record than the Giants, Buccaneers, Chargers, Jaguars, & Raiders is going to the playoffs while those teams are not, but I still think it's an accomplishment to win your division. As bad as the NFC West is, I don't think it makes any sense to not allow a division winner into the playoffs.

Agree 100%

Why even have divisions if there is no incentive to win it?

Please understand as we discuss the Seahawks and Rams contend for a "division title" that it is almost certainly the worst division in the history of the NFL.

So, for example, I will say with great confidence that even our Bills, with all their warts, would have stood a good chance of winning this division.

The winner of of last night's game (Seattle) has just set themselves back by nearly a dozen spots of the draft, and will fall to last place in the division and stay there within a couple years. The Rams and 49ers are both in better shape going forward.

Seattle is happy today. In one week they will be recovering from a 30-point "playoff" loss to New Orleans in front of their home fans. Oh boy!

I wouldn't trade places with a Seahawk fan.

Very interesting and true points.