For those who want to go all defense in the draft...

Virgil

The Bills closed the season by scoring 17 points or fewer in six straight games. Buffalo has lost 15 of its last 18 divisional games overall ~Via ESPN Recap

Yes, we saw some signs of life at times and we were last in run defense, but I don't think it's as clear cut as some would make it seem

We haven't scored that much, but the offense has moved the ball well. THe offense is headed in the right direction, while our defense is a total mess.

yea the defense was bad, the offense was NOT a lot better. ranked 23 overall and pretty bad in points scored.

We cannot just draft a whole bunch of front 7 on D and expect to get better.

every super bowl since 1983 has had at least one first round QB playing ...... think thats a coincidence?

Whether or not they go O or D with their first pick .... this team is still in need of better QB play.

So many turnovers that it is hard to say where the offense stands. As a fan though I really think they should use what ever resources they can to stop the Run. I can't take another year of teams running the ball down the Bills throats at will.

The Bills closed the season by scoring 17 points or fewer in six straight games. Buffalo has lost 15 of its last 18 divisional games overall ~Via ESPN Recap

Yes, we saw some signs of life at times and we were last in run defense, but I don't think it's as clear cut as some would make it seem

Of coarse it's clear cut. This team is not built from the ball out on either side. We can't run it because of our line sucks and that we can't stop the run. We can't stop the run because our line sucks and that we can't run it. It's a vicious cycle, but our front 7 is by far the biggest issue.

Talking about losing 15 of 18 divisional games, check out the rushing stats we've given up in those game.

Talking about losing 15 of 18 divisional games, check out the rushing stats we've given up in those game.

Yea and SF and MIA are 6 and 7 against the run this year and didnt make the playoffs. actually half of the top 10 rush defenses didnt make the playoffs. those teams that didnt had QBs who performed better than fitzpatrick this year except for SF.

Not quite as easy as fixing the run.

All that I can say to this topic is that I'd rather watch Fitz and the current offense

TRY to move the ball next year than watch that PATHETIC, POS, Pile of Cr*P defense

give up huge chunks of yard to mediocre RBs every week. NOTHING could be more frustrating

than watching backup RBs run for 150 yards against a horrible defense.

That's just my bias, but it's the way I see it.

We just made Joe Mcknight look like Curtis Martin in his prime. I think addressing the worst run defense in the NFL is a top priority. Occasionaly stopping the other team would help the offense out.

so would scoring some points. Bills had one of the highest time of possession in the league but couldnt do jack with it. Dont be surprised to see more O

The Rams aren't about to contend for a playoff spot tonight because of their amazing defense. They have some kid named Bradford to thank for that.

Yes, that's true, but the Bills don't get a chance to draft Sam Bradford and the only other QB worth a

crap (if he comes out) is Andrew Luck and he'll be gone before the Bills pick.

I have no interest in ANY of the other QBs in this draft in round 1. I don't want project QBs like Newton

, Gabbert or Locker. Those guys are 2-3 years away from being decent NFL starters, if they ever make it.

dude, we gave up over 250 yards in rushing today.

honestly, when i watch other teams play us, i wonder why they don't simply run every single down since we can't ever stop it.

i'm not saying that our offensive is amazing, but when the whole ship is sinking you need to plug the worst leak first.

There is no denying that the offense needs help. The O-Line is a work in progress, we have no effective tight end, and the running game is so-so. If we upgrade the O-Line and get a TE who really can block (and maybe catch 2 or 3 passes a game??), hopefully the offensive production will improve. I don't think we need to draft any WR's this year - we have plenty on the roster already.

The defense is just plain horrific. We need 3 or 4 new starters on the defensive front 7. We also need a situation DE who can get to the QB on 3rd and long. (Any chance Maybin could be that guy?)