Holiday Bowl tonight

Alot of guys may be watching Jake Locker, but I've seen Taylor Martinez play and this kid (as a red shirt Freshman) has a motor (always wanted to use that phrase). He can throw the ball (not like Luck or Mallett) but that will come in time with more coaching, body development(he has 3 or 4 more years), but watch this kid's ability to accelerate from the pocket, pick a hole and get into the open field. Granted, Nebraska didn't play SEC caliber schools and collegiate football is a far step from the Pros, but I can't see this kid deteriorating in the next few years...he can only improve.

So watch Taylor Martinez for a few drives and see what you think. He is nursing an ankle sprain but should be ready game time. Should be exciting.

Alot of guys may be watching Jake Locker, but I've seen Taylor Martinez play and this kid (as a red shirt Freshman) has a motor (always wanted to use that phrase). He can throw the ball (not like Luck or Mallett) but that will come in time with more coaching, body development(he has 3 or 4 more years), but watch this kid's ability to accelerate from the pocket, pick a hole and get into the open field. Granted, Nebraska didn't play SEC caliber schools and collegiate football is a far step from the Pros, but I can't see this kid deteriorating in the next few years...he can only improve.

So watch Taylor Martinez for a few drives and see what you think. He is nursing an ankle sprain but should be ready game time. Should be exciting.

First time I saw him play was against Locker earlier this season. I was very impressed by this kid--he already looks like a natural. Locker looked like the train wreck he became.

Too bad Martinez has to endure a few more years of that ***hole coach of his.

First time I saw him play was against Locker earlier this season. I was very impressed by this kid--he already looks like a natural. Locker looked like the train wreck he became.

Too bad Martinez has to endure a few more years of that ***hole coach of his.

I agree about the coach. One of the reasons I became a Huskers fan (not including the fact that I went to school in NE) was Tom Osbourne...talk about a gentleman. Palini is a douche and I think there will be a change at the helm shortly.

Yeah- Martinez is a fun player to watch. I've seen him a few times this year. I personally don't like Locker. Hope the Bills stay far away from that kid.

Why did the Holiday Bowl even want this matchup? Bowls normally try to stay away from repeat games. Nebraska killed them in September and they will probably whoop them again tonight. Actually, every Bowl wants Nebraska since their fans travel so well.

Yeah- Martinez is a fun player to watch. I've seen him a few times this year. I personally don't like Locker. Hope the Bills stay far away from that kid.

Why did the Holiday Bowl even want this matchup? Bowls normally try to stay away from repeat games. Nebraska killed them in September and they will probably whoop them again tonight. Actually, every Bowl wants Nebraska since their fans travel so well.

I'd take Locker over Mallett and Newton.

Nebraska placekicker/punter Alex Henery is one cool kickster - probably the top kicker in the draft, and clearly can kick in cold weather.

Those guys usually go undrafted, but NFL Draft Scout has Henery rated a round 5-6 pick...

Link - NFL Draft Scout Profile-Alex Henery

If the Bills are at all concerned about the future of their kicking game (both Moorman and Lindell), they should be looking at Henery.

I'd take Locker over Mallett and Newton.

Another bomb against Nebraska by Locker, despite the win for UW. Can we finally put the talk about Locker to rest?

As far as Henery goes, he is something else, and I can see him going much earlier than the 5th round. Quite the stat line. Looks like the only kick that he missed was blocked.

FIELD GOALS FGM-FGA Pct 01-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-99 Lg Blk

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Henery, Alex 18-19 94.7 0-0 5-5 3-3 8-8 2-3 53 1

are you kidding me Taylor Martinez is a one trick pony can not throw worth a crap. He does have great straight ahead speed but NFL no and quarterback no. Not to mention his dad always sticking his nose where it doesn't belong- Martinez is going to be booted as seasons end anyway. Hello college number two probably UCLA after three different high schools.

Martinez looked horrible as a QB. Way too much air under his passes.

I think Locker's draft stock went down just a bit after the game. Hard to see him making it into the first round, unless a team gets desperate.

I think Locker will be lucky to be drafted in the 2nd unless he has a "lights out" performance @ the combine. He better have the most velocity his passes, he better hit every runner in stride, his footwork better be impeccable, he better run a sub 4.6 40, and get an excellent Wonderlic score. If he doesn't, he might not even go until the 4th or 5th. He is the most overrated QB I've seen in a LONG, LONG time.

Martinez was terrible and lucky to have limped off the field instead of having Ta'amu or Jamora break him in half. Faint praise: he was better than Cody Green, who may have been the most inaccurate mortar launcher I've seen in a long time.

Jake Locker

I know Martinez is a better QB than that...that game was horrendous. Kinda like watching Fitzpatrick have three great games in a row and then a bad one. The Huskers had no drive or enthusiasm. Blame falls on both players and coach.