How much you wanna bet

HelloNewman

I just know they are not going to draft for need. Instead they are going to draft a skill player like a CB or a WR. They are not going to use their 1st rounder for a lineman because of the Mike Williams debacle and the Aaron Maybin debacle. They fall in love with themselves and their draftboard too much and out-think themselves and we all know the outcome.....busts.

I just know they are not going to draft for need. Instead they are going to draft a skill player like a CB or a WR. They are not going to use their 1st rounder for a lineman because of the Mike Williams debacle and the Aaron Maybin debacle. They fall in love with themselves and their draftboard too much and out-think themselves and we all know the outcome.....busts.

or a QB :censored: :censored: :censored:

I sincerely hope you are mistaken.

Unfortunately I would not put it past the Bills FO for you to be right

I don't agree with the assessment that CB or WR aren't needs. McGee is on the wrong side of 30, McKelvin has been a flop, and Florence is a UFA at the end of the season. Also, haven't there been numerous threads regarding the Bills lack of a true #1 WR and how Lee Evans is not that. Patrick Peterson or AJ Green fill both of those needs. Also, it was two different GMs selecting Mike Williams and Aaron Maybin so I doubt their failures will have any impact on the pick Buddy Nix makes.

I would be willing to take that bet.....Chan has been bitching about his dead last against the run lack of pass rush defense all season.....

We are going to take defense early and often.....

I agree, at this point you get the feeling the entire off season is going to be about getting bigger on both lines and finding some freaking linebackers

Finally a coach that gets it

Patrick Peterson is being touted as a potential safety as well. Everyone should hope Donte is re-signed so we don't draft a DB and then switch him to a position he has never played.

Seriously though, this wouldn't surprise me...

Edited by stony

I wouldn't be bummed if we got a really good WR. While we're not terribly weak at WR, we could use some upgrade at that position. You know, someone like Dez Bryant or Michael Crabtree. CB not so much. I personally hope we get a big fast monster DE who can get to the QB.

Edited by reddogblitz

I don't agree with the assessment that CB or WR aren't needs. McGee is on the wrong side of 30, McKelvin has been a flop, and Florence is a UFA at the end of the season. Also, haven't there been numerous threads regarding the Bills lack of a true #1 WR and how Lee Evans is not that. Patrick Peterson or AJ Green fill both of those needs. Also, it was two different GMs selecting Mike Williams and Aaron Maybin so I doubt their failures will have any impact on the pick Buddy Nix makes.

no doubt the D backfield is going to have to addressed at some point. That said if they bring back Florence they can patch that sucker together for one more year. I agree with the previous poster that Chan has had his fill of the Run d i

Hate to break this to you, but Corner Back IS a need. And if they let Whitner walk, then Safety IS a need as well.

I dont think we should use our first pick on those positions, but dont be surprised if we take a DB as early as Round 3. And dont be surprised if we pick up a couple of DBs total.

Patrick Peterson is being touted as a potential safety as well.

I have yet to hear that all I hear about him is he can be the next Charles Woodson or Nnamdi Asomugha in that case I would love to have him here we would have a corner better then that Jest corner and would be able to use our safety more towards the LOS

I have yet to hear that all I hear about him is he can be the next Charles Woodson or Nnamdi Asomugha in that case I would love to have him here we would have a corner better then that Jest corner and would be able to use our safety more towards the LOS

Why would we want to move the Safeties closer to the line of scrimmage? The point of the Safety is to be the last man deepest in the backfield, or the "Safety" valve.

The goal, regarding Safeties, should be to shore up the front 7 so they have more freedom to roam and help in coverage and make more INTs. We need to stop relying on Safeties for run support. That is partly why Byrd has disappeared, and Whitner gets beat in coverage. Theyre too busy keeping an eye on the run.

I wouldn't like the pick and I'd be pissed for awhile, but Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara are supposed to be pretty damn good. What if one of them are deemed the "best player available" when the Bills pick? What if they do become star players in the NFL? This team needs a star player at some position.

I would be willing to take that bet.....Chan has been bitching about his dead last against the run lack of pass rush defense all season.....

We are going to take defense early and often.....

Aside from the disasterous Spiller pick, we did this last year John. Ralph drafts to sell tickets. Levy and Jauron are gone so I don't think that anybody will be stupid enough to take a corner in round 1, let alone a small safety.

My guess is that Ralph will make them draft a QB in the first round. I for one hope that QB is Ryan Mallett.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Hate to break this to you, but Corner Back IS a need. And if they let Whitner walk, then Safety IS a need as well.

I dont think we should use our first pick on those positions, but dont be surprised if we take a DB as early as Round 3. And dont be surprised if we pick up a couple of DBs total.

Yes, drafting small DBs has worked so well in the past why not continue this trend for small players rather than front line or def front 7 types. :wallbash:

Why would we want to move the Safeties closer to the line of scrimmage? The point of the Safety is to be the last man deepest in the backfield, or the "Safety" valve.

The goal, regarding Safeties, should be to shore up the front 7 so they have more freedom to roam and help in coverage and make more INTs. We need to stop relying on Safeties for run support. That is partly why Byrd has disappeared, and Whitner gets beat in coverage. Theyre too busy keeping an eye on the run.

The reason to move the safety up is to help with the run I see them keeping Poz around and not really getting a good second ILB so you bring up the safety like how Pitt does with TP. If you have shutdown corners you don't need a deep valve the corners can cover the WR without help which neither of our current corners are able to do right now