Say good bye to Mr. Lee Evans

The best offensive pleayer in years for this no playoff team

And one the best WR in buffalo bills history

4th in rec 3rd in yds rec & td rec

Andre Reed 941rec 13095yds 86tds in 221 games 7 Pro Bowls

Eric Moulds 675rec 9096yds 48tds in 154 games 3 Pro Bowls

Lee Evans 377rec 5934yds 43tds in 108 games no Pro bowls

Maybe can be better. but his salary is too high for a -600 yds WR.

The team still need him, but need that money for build a good D

With 9M can bring a Veteran Leader LB and even more

With Easley and Scoe waiting in the 2011 wings, I honestly think the upcoming AFCE gauntlet will be the great "can it be done without Lee" experiment.

Think of all the "superstars" in the Saints receiving corps, in the Patriots, even.

Even if he's not doing much, I just don't get the "cut Evans" parade. First of all, he's not taking up cap space. The Bills are near $30 millions under the "cap" and by inspection of his current contract, he's making #2 receiver money (which is actually a bargain). Second, as far as we know, he is not a "locker room cancer" causing discontent amongst the team. And lastly, who's going to replace him? Another hole in the roster is not what this team needs right now. Even if he's not a #1 receiver, who cares? We should be looking to add a #1 receiver to Evans, not necessarily replace him with a #1 receiver.

Just out there taking Ralph's paycheck.

OK, Jeff Littman. Really, who really cares about Ralph and his bags of cash?

Edited by kas23

say hello to the idiots!!! Trading Lee sets the franchise back again. Can we stop trading away good players, how bout we get a worthy WR on the other side to help him out. Lets not forget he don't have great QB's getting him the ball....

Our receiving corps looks fine as it is. I don't see receiver as a key need for next season.

With Easley and Scoe waiting in the 2011 wings, I honestly think the upcoming AFCE gauntlet will be the great "can it be done without Lee" experiment.

Think of all the "superstars" in the Saints receiving corps, in the Patriots, even.

True. But Brady and Brees can make anyone look good. We don't have that luxury.

I certainly wouldn't consider cutting him. But I'd be in favor of dangling his name out there and see what you could get. The other thing to consider is as has been brought up in a few threads; some people think he's going to ask to be traded If you could get a 2 or a 3, I'd go for it. Not sure if that's possible, considering Moss got what a 4th? The fact that he has a cheap contract may work in favor of a trade. If you do get rid of him, you'd likely want ot replace him wit ha FA vet, so again have to look at what that costs you. Signing a 2011 contract for a 2nd tier FA reciever may be as costly as paying Evans for 2011. Agai nif he asked to be traded, would more consider it.

I've been on the Lee Evans critical bandwagon for a while now but cutting him???? That is just ridiculous, he is still our second best WR and he can stretch the defense. His salary for next year is around $4 Million which is decent value. Now I am open to the idea of trading him, if we are able to get a third for him, considering the depth of our WR corps (excited to see what Easley does next year), then I would think it is a no brainer.

Hi Viva, Are you the Mexican Bills fan? More specifically are you the one who made the trip up to Buffalo earlier this season?

I do agree about having better LBs, but Lee is a core player. And as everyone has said he is still cheap at this point in this market.

Lee isn't going anywhere......where does this garbage come from?

Because it's not "garbage." He won't--under any circumstances--be cut. But if our rag tag group can get similar production without him, he could easily find himself on the trade block. And now they have a three week divisional gauntlet to feel that out. Why is that such a far-fetched concept?

I admire Evans for his loyalty and his effort. While he still has value and his salary is not burdensome, I wonder if he is truly has the edge ones needs to have to take a team to the playoffs. Years of losing can take a toll on a player's psyche. He hasn't done anything wrong or bad. Much to the contrary he has always shown up and done his job through thick and thin, mostly thin, but there comes a time when players, coaches and others just need a new address. Lee may not be in that situation or near it but sometimes a younger player without baggage can be abetter fit.

Because it's not "garbage." He won't--under any circumstances--be cut. But if our rag tag group can get similar production without him, he could easily find himself on the trade block. And now they have a three week divisional gauntlet to feel that out. Why is that such a far-fetched concept?

Until he IS traded why start the garbage?

You don't even have a decent backup.............lol

I don't think we trade him until next season. If Easley didn't get hurt, he might have shown enough flashes to where we could trade Lee. But he isn't here.

I said in another thread, after the spiller pick, I wouldn't be surprised if they draft AJ Green. If that happens, I expect Lee to be traded for like a 4th rounder by the deadline. But I don't see lee getting traded before the draft.

He's not going anywhere. His contract from this point on is actually cheap compared to other WRs. There's really no point to cut him. As for trading him? We could probably get a 4th or 5th round pick for him. Not worth it.

Don't worry. The Bills don't use this kind of logic.

We had already eaten the bulk of Dockery's contract when he was released too.

Ralph may just decide he doesn't want to pay the $1 million roster bonus next year and no argument about how his $3.025 million base salary for 2011 is cheap will convince him.

After Evans went out. Steve Johnson had guys all over him for the most part. He caught three passes for 14 total yards and were all right on the ground. Fitz started looking for Donald Jones more because he was now in the SJ role. And it was much harder to pass.

:thumbsup:

Lee is a hell of a blocker too, in fact he was blocking for Stuper on the play that he got hurt on. Not that makes him a true #1 but it is a big asset combined with other factors. I hope Fitz does off season work with him to build up some more chemistry as they really don't seem to have it yet.He and Stevie built a relationship over time and Fitz looks at him much more.

Edited by bowery4

Lee is a hell of a blocker too, in fact he was blocking for Stuper on the play that he got hurt on. Not that makes him a true #1 but it is a big asset combined with other factors. I hope Fitz does off season work with him to build up some more chemistry as they really don't seem to have it yet.He and Stevie built a relationship over time and Fitz looks at him much more.

Thats a great point. During the 4th quarter, Freddy ran outside to the left and was waiting for Stevie to hold up his block but he couldn't do it. It looked like a play that if Freddy had got the corner he would have scored on. Lee makes that block.

Edited by stony