Jets player/trainer cheapshot on punt

ofiba

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be great to the jets lose at pitt and chicago with us rolling into the last week putting the stop on any playoff hopes they have.

Well it looks like we are out of the Luck sweepstakes (if he declares) so I would love to knock them out of the playoffs.

guess I was wrong:

The Jets just released a statement from a contrite-sounding Sal Alosi:

I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment. My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for. I spoke to Coach Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off. I have also apologized to Woody, Mike and Rex. I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows.

Hes not only a scumbag, but hes a hypocrite, a coward and a liar (a coward because he is trying to mitigate the punishment, a liar because that really is exactly what the Jets are about). Finns should take his apology and shove it up his @ss (after B word slapping him around the clubhouse for awhile).

If anyone thinks some low level scrub within an organization does that on their own, without any coaching at all, they are stupid.

Why risk it?

Look at the line of dudes all lined up within inches of the boundary - each and every one was ready to trip.

That's a reach. But this is a situation where the coach should be suspended and the owner fined for the conduct of their team members. Put s stop to this low class crap real soon. Woody Hayes would at least do it himself and not have some low level flunkie take the rap for him.

Big deal. So the guy got a little chip as he was running down the sidelines.

You could look at it that he was on someone else's turf. Clearly, he was running down the out of bounds line. Stay in the field of play if you don't want to worry about anyone giving you a noogie.

It's a tough game for tough men. Quit yer cryin' already.

I hope you don't reproduce.

If anyone thinks some low level scrub within an organization does that on their own, without any coaching at all, they are stupid.

Why risk it?

Look at the line of dudes all lined up within inches of the boundary - each and every one was ready to trip.

Sometimes idiots are just idiots..."strength and conditioning coach" is basically code for meathead

Big deal. So the guy got a little chip as he was running down the sidelines.

You could look at it that he was on someone else's turf. Clearly, he was running down the out of bounds line. Stay in the field of play if you don't want to worry about anyone giving you a noogie.

It's a tough game for tough men. Quit yer cryin' already.

I hope to hell this was an attempt at humor.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Just goes to show the integrity and character of Rex Ryan and that organization. You don't do that unless the man at the top (Ryan) has instilled a culture of "win at all costs" -- i.e., play dirty if you have to.

Just embarrassing. I hope they lose out and miss the playoffs at 9-7. The best New Year's Day present EVER would be seeing the Bills give them that last L to keep them out.

The comments section in that is rich. There's the typical Jets fan with a stupid handle "hooterdawg" trying to defend the action as "self defense", and the squadron of sanctimonious Pats fans preaching about how superior the Pats are because they wouldn't pull crap like that. Ya, you'll just videotape practices from the stands and play dirty ON the field rather than on the sidelines.

Sometimes idiots are just idiots..."strength and conditioning coach" is basically code for meathead

Can someone tell me why a S&C is even on the sidelines? As a matter of fact why are there so many people on the sidelines that are not players, coaches, or medical staff?

Why risk it?

Really? You think they go over this move in practice?

Why risk it?

agree that their positioning on the sideline is suspect....would need to look at more kickoffs and see if they're positioned where gunners might be expected to leave the field. farfetched? maybe, but so was belicheats videotaping and farve's naughty pictures...steroids can cause strange behavior and who would have more access to them than the strength coach? there's no shortage of juicy theories.