p. hillis

superbills315

i just heard this on pardon the interruption,

Hillis only needs 38 yards to be the first white running back to gain 1000 yards sense Craig James in 1985.

That is an unbelievable stat. First, it is a complement to P. Hillis. Second, it is a question: why are there more successful black running backs than white running backs?????

That is an unbelievable stat. First, it is a complement to P. Hillis. Second, it is a question: why are there more successful black running backs than white running backs?????

Physically there are some subtle differences - body make up lends itself towards whites being better swimmers and blacks being better runners.... As silly as that sounds. Muscle make up, center of gravity, equilibriums and such... There are many articles about it.

Mentally I think a lot of pop Warner, highschool and even college coaches funnel players into stereotypes - high motor and intelligent vs elite athleticism. Same reason people compare Toby gerhart to John alstott.

Physically there are some subtle differences - body make up lends itself towards whites being better swimmers and blacks being better runners.... As silly as that sounds. Muscle make up, center of gravity, equilibriums and such... There are many articles about it.

Mentally I think a lot of pop Warner, highschool and even college coaches funnel players into stereotypes - high motor and intelligent vs elite athleticism. Same reason people compare Toby gerhart to John alstott.

Or the reason Cam Newton has to be like Vick or Vince Young?

Or the reason Cam Newton has to be like Vick or Vince Young?

That or the fact that he and Vince are huge dudes, with big arms and run like horses. Could take over a college game without having to go through more then one read before taking off.

Its because the NFL doesnt have a "Runny Rule" which would require teams to carry at least 1 white running back through the preseason.

Edited by Thoner7

You mean mike Alstot

Also whites are better wrestlers and blacks are better boxers, I think it is more of strength versus speed and quickness. This is why only whites have won The Worlds Strongest Man and blacks dominate sprinting.

You mean mike Alstot

Also whites are better wrestlers and blacks are better boxers, I think it is more of strength versus speed and quickness. This is why only whites have won The Worlds Strongest Man and blacks dominate sprinting.

Haha I totally do mean mike. I crossed alstott and riggins debating which example to use. It's funny either comes up though.

Thanks Greek. Like anyone against the spread today?

TSW knew that Peyton Hillis was going to be good. Half of the mocks on TSW grabbed him in the 6th round. :thumbsup: Denver, I think, took him in the 7th round.

That's largely because he was a fullback/blocking back in college and such players are undervalued and actually aren't given much of a chance to be featured in the pros.

I recall that he and Owen Schmitt were the top fullbacks from that draft. How did you guys have Owen Schmitt rated and how do you think he would do if he were featured as the Browns are using Hillis?

Thanks, Astro.