p. hillis

superbills315

That's largely because he was a fullback/blocking back in college and such players are undervalued and actually aren't given much of a chance to be featured in the pros.

I recall that he and Owen Schmitt were the top fullbacks from that draft. How did you guys have Owen Schmitt rated and how do you think he would do if he were featured as the Browns are using Hillis?

Thanks, Astro.

We had Owen Schmitt and Peyton Hillis rated 7th Round. Running backs were not in demand by our Analysts, so they plummeted down the list. BTW, this year, there doesn't seem to be much demand for running backs, but lots of demand for CB's and DE's. Schmitt would have been more multipurpose but not as good a runner between the tackles, and would have been less fumble prone LOL

I have read before that in general, African-Americans are more genetically diverse than white Americans - Africa is itself a genetically diverse continent, and African-Americans are likely to have some percentage of European DNA, given how commonly masters raped their slaves (the offspring of such unions would be brought up as slaves, so the DNA migration didn't go both ways.) So if that's accurate, it would explain why blacks are more commonly represented then whites when we're talking Olympic sprinters or NFL athletes - whites are less genetically diverse and cluster towards the middle; blacks have more variance and are more represented at the extremes.

This would also imply that the worst RBs in America are also black - but there's really no way to know.

I can't vouch for the scientific accuracy of that hypothesis, but it at least intuitively makes sense to me.

We had Owen Schmitt and Peyton Hillis rated 7th Round. Running backs were not in demand by our Analysts, so they plummeted down the list. BTW, this year, there doesn't seem to be much demand for running backs, but lots of demand for CB's and DE's. Schmitt would have been more multipurpose but not as good a runner between the tackles, and would have been less fumble prone LOL

Thanks, Astro!

I know Leonard Weaver was put on IR in Philly…so I'm interested to see how Schmitt does up there. I liked both he and Hillis coming out of college.

Big fullback-like tailbacks are not in high demand. If you read all the literature surrounding Toby Gerhart this year, you can see how these guys suffer from racial stereotyping and the reluctance of football coaches to create roles for their unique talents.