BiB gets another chance

blzrul

To tell you the truth I will be happy if he withdrew for personal reasons. If he didnt want the position that would scare the hell out of me. I mean Ridge resigned, Tommy Thompson quit with a warning that he couldnt beleive our food supply was not yet attacked, and now this. Noone wants to be in charge of Homeland Security and have a major terroism attack occur on their watch. It is impossible to prevent every attack and enjoy the freedoms we enjoy. No offense Mr Kerik, I will feel some relief if there is some personal reasons why not

ROAD TRIP!

155796[/snapback]

What about that picture of you BBQing 5 impaled bunnies on the end of a Claymore ? The PETA outcry could be deafening and I can't picture you sucking up to them. You can always bury the bodies but pictures don't lie.

What is the process for Cabinet nominees? Do they essentially just sit at home until their confirmation hearings? Or are they brought into the department and shown the ropes by the outgoing secretary as part of a smooth transition?

Maybe Kerik was shown the inner workings of HS and changed his mind? This doesn't really fall in line with the "I serve at the pleasure of the President" attitude needed just to be considered. Maybe someone has compromising photos or information about him?

On edit:

(AP) -- In a surprise move, former New York Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik abruptly withdrew his nomination as President Bush's choice to be homeland security secretary Friday night, saying questions have arisen about the immigration status of a housekeeper and nanny he employed.

This is one of Bush's campaign issues; to give aliens temporary work permits for jobs like these. WTF? And I guess no California, Oklahoma, or Florida farmer can ever run for elected office.... Can you still run if you've ever shaken hands with an illegal? Geez-us. The Republican witch-hunt of Clinton's nominees comes back to bite them. Ye shall reap what ye sow.

He can't be much of a Republican if he actually backs down at the hint of something unsavory.

Well, we all know if he were a Democrat, he'd just go on TV and lie about it.

"I DID NOT hire that illegal alien.....Mr. Hernandez"

And what's so "unsavory" about hiring illegals? Thought you people didnt mind that. At least thats what the ultra liberal Newsday says about three times a week.

Well, we all know if he were a Democrat, he'd just go on TV and lie about it.

"I DID NOT hire that illegal alien.....Mr. Hernandez"

And what's so "unsavory" about hiring illegals? Thought you people didnt mind that. At least thats what the ultra liberal Newsday says about three times a week.

155823[/snapback]

Umm well I THINK it just might be AGAINST THE LAW. I know that the GOP likes to hold others to higher standards than themselves, and have so far successfully brazened out a number of situations, but maybe this guy has some integrity.

On the other hand this might just be the tip of the iceberg. Who knows.

Umm well I THINK it just might be AGAINST THE LAW.  I know that the GOP likes to hold others to higher standards than themselves, and have so far successfully brazened out a number of situations, but maybe this guy has some integrity.

On the other hand this might just be the tip of the iceberg.  Who knows.

155857[/snapback]

Why would you think this has to be something bigger? Here's a guy who was to be hired, in part, to protect our country from undocumented people operating under the radar, and he's employing an undocumented person operating under the radar. How can he protect us from them if he's hiring them? Nothing more, nothing less...

Why would you think this has to be something bigger? Here's a guy who was to be hired, in part, to protect our country from undocumented people operating under the radar, and he's employing an undocumented person operating under the radar. How can he protect us from them if he's hiring them? Nothing more, nothing less...

155893[/snapback]

Read my post. I didn't say I thought it was anything but what it was. Period.

Read my post.  I didn't say I thought it was anything but what it was. Period.

156238[/snapback]

....and I'm still not saying that but reports have surfaced that this guy was having TWO extramarital affairs simultaneously.

Of course around here that will be the subject for much chest-thumping, however in our new Values-Based Society that's certainly a no-no. We impeach guys over sex.

On the other hand, if that's the real reason why he withdrew, I may actually have cause to respect him, because a REAL Republican would have looked down his nose when the question came up and either refused to answer it or say "it's different in my case".

;)

I give the guy credit for having two affairs at the same time, it shows he can multitask. If that was the only reason, then I'd say let him have the job. I don't care what he does in his personal life, I just want to know if he can do the job effectively.

Yeah really.  I'm going to need a battlestar at my personal disposal.  How the hell else would the UnderSecretary of KP&BS travel?  A man needs style to go with his substance.

159143[/snapback]

Our order was held up while the Supreme Court decided on a ruling that all future weapons must be environmentaly friendly. Right now our fuel choices are a fusion driven, mega-thrust warp drive system that runs on fur coats....or diesel. Solar is not an option, because the ACLU feels that the sun is not being fairly compensated.

Also, the UN has defined airspace as extending to 5 million miles from the planet, so we'll have to operate....er... really far away. However, my lawyers have found a loophole, that will allow us to fly as close as we want if we offer creationism courses to the crew and name the ship the SS Tim Robbins.

Our order was held up while the Supreme Court decided on a ruling that all future weapons must be environmentaly friendly. Right now our fuel choices are a fusion driven, mega-thrust warp drive system that runs on fur coats....or diesel. Solar is not an option, because the ACLU feels that the sun is not being fairly compensated.

Also, the UN has defined airspace as extending to 5 million miles from the planet, so we'll have to operate....er... really far away. However, my lawyers have found a loophole, that will allow us to fly as close as we want if we offer creationism courses to the crew and name the ship the SS Tim Robbins.

160408[/snapback]

Someone check Ebay for a used Klingon Cloaking Thingy.