Urban Meyer stepping down...

ACor58

I don't see Mack Brown quitting. And cryer gets him name from whining his way into the 2006 National Championship, which UF had no rights being in.

Urban Cryer will forever be Jimbo Fisher's B word.

There's actually a rumor that Mack is stepping down and that he floated out the idea before the season that this is his last year. Probably false based off of all the reports I've read, but it's a possibility.

If you guys want good insight into the problems this year at Texas, this is a really good article:

http://recruitocosm.fantake.com/2010/12/07/biopsy-results-are-in-its-bad-news-but-expect-a-full-recovery/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What? You mean he would be willing to forgo being the next head coach of the University of Miami to coach Pitt?

Oh, that's right. UM said they would not hire Leach.

So I guess Leach would be available to coach the Panthers.

Actually, UM did not say that at all - you just think they did. Leach will have multiple positions to chose from, and will take the Miami job.

(Unless - of course - he takes the Texas job, should Mack Brown step down. B-) )

Edited by The Senator

There's actually a rumor that Mack is stepping down and that he floated out the idea before the season that this is his last year. Probably false based off of all the reports I've read, but it's a possibility.

If you guys want good insight into the problems this year at Texas, this is a really good article:

http://recruitocosm.fantake.com/2010/12/07/biopsy-results-are-in-its-bad-news-but-expect-a-full-recovery/

Cool stuff.

(And i have to add in that sickening line about tebag, or else all the UF mouth breathers get their panties in a bunch) But the fact reamins, with out a good collegiate player this year, urban's team was absolute crap.

Against us, when WE KICKED THEIR ASSES, cryer's offensive gameplan was worse than most pop-warner teams. In fact, dick jauron probably could have designed a better offensive gameplan.

Edited by Ramius

Wasn't George Edwards the Florida DC for like a week last offseason? I think he deserves serious consideration for the Florida job.

He knows the program and he took the principles of the college spread offense and translated them to NFL defense. I call it the spread defense. The man is a frickin' pioneer.

:lol::lol::lol:

Poor guy is a desperate publicity whore.

Or, he just wants a job...

Mike Leach interested in Florida job

Leach and his family now live in Key West, Fla., where he's waiting for someone to give him a chance to prove that he can turn around their program just like he did the program at Texas Tech. "Really, I'm interested in all of them,'' Leach said, when asked if he had any interest in succeeding Meyer.

See also...

Leach at UT? Brown could do lots worse

Mike Leach Would Give Pitt Football the Quick Fix It Needs

Yet he won't be a serious candidate for either of them.

Don't mean to start your hair on fire, nor foment a Leach feud on TSW, but I wouldn't say that twice about your fellow Floridian...

Mike Leach is sitting down in the keys anxious to get back in the game. He’s been a winner, and that mess at Texas Tech is pretty interesting. Leach has a pretty strong argument that Tech overreacted, and has sued to back that up. Having that offense at FAU would be quite a treat. And it would work. I think the Canes are nuts not to consider him. With that talent and that offense, it would be Oregon of the Southeast. Would Leach come to FAU?

Well, look at Mike Jarvis. He wanted back in, and year after year went by and nobody offered him a job. Until FAU. And who made out on that deal? (Same thing with Matt Doherty, though turns out North Carolina might have been right.) And here’s something you might not know: Leach at FAU AD Craig Angelos are buds. Both were students at BYU at the same time. Both went on and got law degrees, a lot of parallels in their lives, and they have stayed in touch.

And Leach is in Key West, so he must love the weather, and he already wears clothes that fit in with the Between the Palms theme, and all that pirate stuff...perfect fit...

South Florida Sun Sentinel - Time for FAU to get a coach in waiting? Mike Leach?

Unless former Clintonite and current Miami president Donna Shalala comes to her senses soon, Leach may not be available after everyone other quality coach turns her down. B-)

Or, he just wants a job...

Mike Leach interested in Florida job

Leach and his family now live in Key West, Fla., where he's waiting for someone to give him a chance to prove that he can turn around their program just like he did the program at Texas Tech. "Really, I'm interested in all of them,'' Leach said, when asked if he had any interest in succeeding Meyer.

See also...

Leach at UT? Brown could do lots worse

Mike Leach Would Give Pitt Football the Quick Fix It Needs

Don't mean to start your hair on fire, nor foment a Leach feud on TSW, but I wouldn't say that twice about your fellow Floridian...

Mike Leach is sitting down in the keys anxious to get back in the game. He’s been a winner, and that mess at Texas Tech is pretty interesting. Leach has a pretty strong argument that Tech overreacted, and has sued to back that up. Having that offense at FAU would be quite a treat. And it would work. I think the Canes are nuts not to consider him. With that talent and that offense, it would be Oregon of the Southeast. Would Leach come to FAU?

Well, look at Mike Jarvis. He wanted back in, and year after year went by and nobody offered him a job. Until FAU. And who made out on that deal? (Same thing with Matt Doherty, though turns out North Carolina might have been right.) And here’s something you might not know: Leach at FAU AD Craig Angelos are buds. Both were students at BYU at the same time. Both went on and got law degrees, a lot of parallels in their lives, and they have stayed in touch.

And Leach is in Key West, so he must love the weather, and he already wears clothes that fit in with the Between the Palms theme, and all that pirate stuff...perfect fit...

South Florida Sun Sentinel - Time for FAU to get a coach in waiting? Mike Leach?

Unless former Clintonite and current Miami president Donna Shalala comes to her senses soon, Leach may not be available after everyone other quality coach turns her down. B-)

I see the publicity (which I agreed he would get). Publicity whores usually get publicity.

Where's any evidence he is a serious candidate?

If they really felt like pursuing it, they could find issues at EVERY major program and then NO team would be bowl eligible, and where does that leave the NCAA?

How long ago did Bush play at USC? And how long did it take the NCAA to finish its investigation and make a ruling?

If Meyer was running away from something, he would still have YEARS before anything happened.

Guy is just tired, and sick.

That's why I said ... "if the NCAA allows it's dirty laundry to be aired"

IMHO .... just about every major college football/basketball program is "dirty" to some extent as far as the rules go. There is just too much money at stake (not to mention careers).

That's why I said ... "if the NCAA allows it's dirty laundry to be aired"

IMHO .... just about every major college football/basketball program is "dirty" to some extent as far as the rules go. There is just too much money at stake (not to mention careers).

Yep, agreed. When you have ANY money on the line, it is guaranteed that someone will be cheating. At this point, after all these years, EVERYONE is cheating.

Yes, they do - and job-seekers have also been known, on occasion, to express their availability and desire to be hired too.

But typically, not through the press.

Classy and serious job applicants typically do this in a more professional manner.

1.) He will be the next head coach of the Denver Broncos

2.) Florida will be sanctioned by the NCAA in the next 18 months.

I totally agree with you. I believe he has a MAN CRUSH on Tebow and has to be with him. He is gatherring up his coaching staff right now. I dont think there will be any sanctions against florida.

I totally agree with you. I believe he has a MAN CRUSH on Tebow and has to be with him. He is gatherring up his coaching staff right now. I dont think there will be any sanctions against florida.

He's quitting his current HC job to coach Denver's backup QB?

Hmmmyeah, I could buy that.