Redskins suspend Haynesworth for season

papazoid

youtube.com/watch?v=XFzp3uHua40&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This was the play i talked about earlier. Im sure u think shanahan coached him to lay on the ground right? What a great first move for an such an "elite" level player. Funny i dont see williams having any trouble transitioning to NT. But yea lets all blame shanahan for the downfall of this elite player, makes perfect sense.<\sarcasm>

HOOOOOOOOOOOLY crap, thats just sad and embarrassing. I had pictured it to be pretty bad from your earlier description, but that was worse than I expected. He's not even pretending to struggle against the OLineman.

WOW! Would have loved to have been in that meeting, watching that film with the Defense. No wonder the other players have turned against him as well.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOOOOOOOOOOOLY crap, thats just sad and embarrassing. I had pictured it to be pretty bad from your earlier description, but that was worse than I expected. He's not even pretending to struggle against the OLineman.

WOW! Would have loved to have been in that meeting, watching that film with the Defense. No wonder the other players have turned against him as well.

Its funny, cause u dont even get to see the rest of the play. Vick runs back across the field, if Haynesworth would have gotten up, maybe he makes a play... instead Vick walks into the endzone. Absolutely sad and embarassing. Yet some people wanna blame Shanahan. Im sorry but his play and absolute lack of effort is what got him benched and ultimately suspended.

Its funny, cause u dont even get to see the rest of the play. Vick runs back across the field, if Haynesworth would have gotten up, maybe he makes a play... instead Vick walks into the endzone. Absolutely sad and embarassing. Yet some people wanna blame Shanahan. Im sorry but his play and absolute lack of effort is what got him benched and ultimately suspended.

oh hai Mr Eagle, gonna take a nap quick. be a dear and wake me if Vick comes back this way. kthx.

When he had Elway and Terrell Davis.

How does one reconcile the fact that the Skins are 28th in scoring this year? Much less that they were 26th in scoring last year?

When Elway had Shanahan and Davis.

How to reconcile? Guess they aren't a very talented group.

When Elway had Shanahan and Davis.

Again doc, Elway made it to 3 SB's without the other 2. Sure he didn't win them, but Shanahan hasn't even been close to a SB in the decade without Elway. Perhaps it was Davis who put them over the top? Unfortunately, Davis' career was cut too short to be able to say.

How to reconcile? Guess they aren't a very talented group.

So what does that say about the coaching? Shanahan's in particular? Come on, you can say it.

he was a one trick pony with his zone blocking scheme. once the league figured out how to defend hes been a loser

Maybe. Or perhaps his GM duties, at which he has shown himself to be poor, are taking up too much of his time?

Shanahan bears no blame. I mean, look how he's handled McNabb...oops, nevermind.

I don't understand how Haynesworth has anything to do with Shanahan. Shanahan comes in and wants to install a 34 defense. Is Shanahan supposed to NOT do that because of 1 man? Is this Haynesworth's team?

And what does McNabb have to do with Shanahan? McNabb was never a great QB. He's always been a decent QB

Have you been following this story at ALL? Considering that it's been all over the news for a year im surprised you have no idea what you're talking about. The reason Haynesworth is acting like a baby in the first place is because he never wanted to play in the 34 system. He felt that he was lied to and feels that he wouldnt be able to be as effective in a 34 system. So why would he come to another 34 system after emphatically stating that he refuses to play in a 34 system in Washington?

Haynesworth is a POS, but I have no sympathy for the Redskins; they knew Haynesworth was unhappy and wasn't going to put his best efforts into the 3-4 yet they still wrote him that huge check last summer.

I don't understand how Haynesworth has anything to do with Shanahan. Shanahan comes in and wants to install a 34 defense. Is Shanahan supposed to NOT do that because of 1 man? Is this Haynesworth's team?

And what does McNabb have to do with Shanahan? McNabb was never a great QB. He's always been a decent QB

Haynesworth was promised that he wouldn't have to play NT in the 3-4. Regardless of whether you disagree with him being promised that or not, that's a fact. Second of all, he's not a 3-4 NT or even DE. He's a 4-3 DT. So the decision to go to the 3-4 was poor on multiple fronts, and that is on Shanahan. No unlike how Gailey's decision to go to a 3-4 was a mistake.

As for McNabb, Shanahan obviously had tremendous input into bringing him to Washington, not to mention coaching him and the other offensive players. Shanahan is supposed to be a bright offensive mind. Is Washington's talent on offense that much worse than Buffalo's?

Again doc, Elway made it to 3 SB's without the other 2. Sure he didn't win them, but Shanahan hasn't even been close to a SB in the decade without Elway. Perhaps it was Davis who put them over the top? Unfortunately, Davis' career was cut too short to be able to say.

It was the system Shanahan created that put them over the top. Elway was a HOF QB, but on his last legs. Davis definitely was a missing piece, but Shanahan got 1000+ performance out of nearly every back that came after Davis. Faulting Shanahan for not making it back to the SB after his HOF QB retired is a silly knock. Shanahan made it to the playoffs, using the same offensive system with decideddly non-HOFer's like Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson, Reuben Droughns. Revise history all you want. You're only fooling yourself (though I doubt even that).

So what does that say about the coaching? Shanahan's in particular? Come on, you can say it.

Maybe. Or perhaps his GM duties, at which he has shown himself to be poor, are taking up too much of his time?

It says they aren't very talented, I thought.

You may be right about his GM skills.

Haynesworth was promised that he wouldn't have to play NT in the 3-4. Regardless of whether you disagree with him being promised that or not, that's a fact.

I hate to have to say this, but... link? id like to see where and when Haynesworth was promised that. id also like to see where it is in his contract that he will only play one position in one scheme.

Second of all, he's not a 3-4 NT or even DE. He's a 4-3 DT. So the decision to go to the 3-4 was poor on multiple fronts, and that is on Shanahan. No unlike how Gailey's decision to go to a 3-4 was a mistake.

why "isnt he a NT"? everyone wanted to say that Kyle Williams was "too small" to play NT and he has been a force with no one else on the line, no matter what scheme we run.

is Haynesworth not as talented as Williams? he's certainly the right size. why "can't" he play NT? the answer is simple, he just wont.

when we made the switch, how many of our players protested it because it wasnt "what they wanted"? Maybe 1, and he was about to retire anyways and didnt play for us this year.

this has nothing to do with what Haynesworth can or cant do. only what he is willing to do, and apparently $100million isnt enough to inspire him to participate.

Haynesworth was promised that he wouldn't have to play NT in the 3-4. Regardless of whether you disagree with him being promised that or not, that's a fact. Second of all, he's not a 3-4 NT or even DE. He's a 4-3 DT. So the decision to go to the 3-4 was poor on multiple fronts, and that is on Shanahan. No unlike how Gailey's decision to go to a 3-4 was a mistake.

As for McNabb, Shanahan obviously had tremendous input into bringing him to Washington, not to mention coaching him and the other offensive players. Shanahan is supposed to be a bright offensive mind. Is Washington's talent on offense that much worse than Buffalo's?

OK so who cares. How much money is he making? Especially in today's rough economy and people losing their jobs left and right? That fat piece of sht should be LUCKY to have a job making that much cash. If I was making 100 million dollars to play fckin football for a living. I'd be grateful and play regardless.

You defending this guy? Really?

Edited by DreReed83

It was the system Shanahan created that put them over the top. Elway was a HOF QB, but on his last legs. Davis definitely was a missing piece, but Shanahan got 1000+ performance out of nearly every back that came after Davis. Faulting Shanahan for not making it back to the SB after his HOF QB retired is a silly knock. Shanahan made it to the playoffs, using the same offensive system with decideddly non-HOFer's like Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson, Reuben Droughns. Revise history all you want. You're only fooling yourself (though I doubt even that).

Again with the "last legs" stuff. :rolleyes: Again doc, he threw for over 3,600 yards in 1997 an was on-pace for almost 3,500 yards in 1998, and had over a 2:1 TD:INT ratio those years, only the 2nd and 3rd time he'd done that in his career. The only thing on its "last legs" was his time in the NFL.

So...given the above, that Elway went to the SB 3 times without either Shanahan or Davis, Shanahan couldn't even make it to the SB and only got 1 playoff win without Elway or Davis, and the Broncos' system was able to annually produce ~1,500 yard rushers not named Davis, it says to me that it was more Elway than anyone else. And that's far from being "silly."

It says they aren't very talented, I thought.

You may be right about his GM skills.

So can we agree that he wouldn't have done much with the Bills? While his insistence on playing GM would only hinder him from getting good players?

I hate to have to say this, but... link? id like to see where and when Haynesworth was promised that. id also like to see where it is in his contract that he will only play one position in one scheme.

Dan Snyder promised him that last year when he signed with the Skins. I remember hearing that on Mike and Mike.

why "isnt he a NT"? everyone wanted to say that Kyle Williams was "too small" to play NT and he has been a force with no one else on the line, no matter what scheme we run.

is Haynesworth not as talented as Williams? he's certainly the right size. why "can't" he play NT? the answer is simple, he just wont.

when we made the switch, how many of our players protested it because it wasnt "what they wanted"? Maybe 1, and he was about to retire anyways and didnt play for us this year.

this has nothing to do with what Haynesworth can or cant do. only what he is willing to do, and apparently $100million isnt enough to inspire him to participate.

Haynesworth isn't an impactful 3-4 player. Just like Stroud isn't (although Stroud is 32.

2 Years ago, Haynesworth was claimed as "the best DT in the league". Obviously the disaster in Washington speaks for itself but the Bills cant stop the run. Williams also prefers to play 4-3 DT so why not make our best player happy?

Now unless Haynesworth doesnt want to play in the NFL again, he must become humbled by this catastrophe. If he accepts that what he did was wrong, then why not give him another chance (sorta like that Eagles QB).

Granted, if this becomes a nagging issue that he doesnt fess up to, by all means stay away