Walking Dead

ajzepp

I'm sorry if someone already posted this, but I'm pretty excited about this show tonight. It's already receiving some pretty impressive critical acclaim, and some are speculating if it may be the scariest tv show ever. Not sure about that, but I'm psyched to check it out.

It's a zombie show called "The Walking Dead". I think it's based on a popular graphic novel or something, I dunno. But it's on AMC at 10pm.

Hopefully it's as good as the hype!

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry if someone already posted this, but I'm pretty excited about this show tonight. It's already receiving some pretty impressive critical acclaim, and some are speculating if it may be the scariest tv show ever. Not sure about that, but I'm psyched to check it out.

It's a zombie show called "The Walking Dead". I think it's based on a popular graphic novel or something, I dunno. But it's on AMC at 10pm.

Hopefully it's as good as the hype!

I recorded it last night. I'm pretty curious. My friend has been hyping this for a while.

I recorded it as well - haven't watched it.

Just to add to the hype ...

It was developed by Gale Anne Hurd (James Cameron's former producing partner for Terminator, Aliens etc) and Frank Darabont. Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption) wrote and directed the 90 minute pilot episode.

You guys will have to chime in once you've watched it. I watched it last night and felt it lived up to the hype. I thought the acting was very well done, the zombies were effective, and they did a good job of creating a sense of tragedy and human loss as opposed to just having a bunch of mindless zombies being lit up by anyone with a gun. I'm a moderate fan of zombie films, but I really enjoyed this. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the series for sure.

You guys will have to chime in once you've watched it. I watched it last night and felt it lived up to the hype. I thought the acting was very well done, the zombies were effective, and they did a good job of creating a sense of tragedy and human loss as opposed to just having a bunch of mindless zombies being lit up by anyone with a gun. I'm a moderate fan of zombie films, but I really enjoyed this. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the series for sure.

Watched the pilot last night.

:thumbsup:

Looks pretty promising.

"Promising" is a pretty fair assessment. The acting was good, I thought. But the episode really wasn't that compelling, IMO. Of course it is the first episode and they are establishing the story, characters, etc. I thought this episode did a very good job at that. But for me to become a regular the stories better get more exciting pretty quickly.

"Promising" is a pretty fair assessment. The acting was good, I thought. But the episode really wasn't that compelling, IMO. Of course it is the first episode and they are establishing the story, characters, etc. I thought this episode did a very good job at that. But for me to become a regular the stories better get more exciting pretty quickly.

The difficulty is that the zombie story has been told so many thousands of times already. We've seen it all. We've seen the zombie family members. And we've watched characters struggle with the decision to kill their infected loved ones. We've even seen a guy wake up from a coma in a deserted hospital to the remnants of a zombie holocaust before (28 days). We've seen plenty of dusty houses with suicide scenarios depicted, with the obligatory suicide note written in blood on the wall. We've seen the post-apocalyptic scenarios played out. Etc...

But... I'm still interested. And zombies are still fun to me. And I think this show looks pretty good. I'm curious to see what directions it takes in the next couple weeks.

You know what scene stayed with me? Well, two of them, actually....the one where the little kid saw his mom and his reaction, and then the one where the cop went back into the park to find "halfie" crawling around. I thought that was excellent acting, and it also told you a LOT about his character without him having to say much. I also thought the direction was excellent...the way the scenes were shot was fantastic and very effective.

I really liked it. The only problem I have with it is the time(I don't have a DVR). I wish it was on at nine instead of ten. Other than that, I thought the acting was pretty good. I look forward to the next episode.

You may want to check and see about online availability. I know what you mean about the time...there are a lot of shows where if I didn't have a DVR I wouldn't ever see them. But I have relied more and more on online availability of certain shows...that can be a good back up plan, and chances are AMC or Hulu or someone will have it available.

You may want to check and see about online availability. I know what you mean about the time...there are a lot of shows where if I didn't have a DVR I wouldn't ever see them. But I have relied more and more on online availability of certain shows...that can be a good back up plan, and chances are AMC or Hulu or someone will have it available.

Great idea. Thanks AJ. :thumbsup:

Great idea. Thanks AJ. :thumbsup:

You bet :)

I know that I've had a lot of fun watching some of the CBS shows (survivor, big brother, amazing race) online, cause they have it where you can watch with other people and chat during the show. It's led to a few pretty good laughs, which made the experience more fun :thumbsup:

But yeah, with the quality of streaming these days, watching online is a great way to go, IMO.

Dude, that horse got a raw deal.

I think that once they pulled rick off the horse could have got out, but then Rick would have been the main course.

And the second episode, why did the department store have face shields in it?

Other than that it has been very good.