Vikings to L.A. ??

chasincars

Crazy - I was at the Staples center last night, the new entertainment down there is pretty impressive. Lots of lights and led boards, shopping, restaurants, we even strapped on some hockey skates and did a few laps around an ice rink they had built.

Throw an NFL stadium in the mix, it would really be something else. Not that I think the Vikings should EVER move!

Question, how can AEG buy a team if they own other sports teams? And what about Magic Johnson's group? One way or another, LA is making a strong push for a team...

Maybe Pegula will buy the Sabres and Bills and build us an entertainment complex in Buffalo, :D

Could just be posturing to try to get that new stadium. When the Seahawks wanted a new stadium they said they were moving if they didn't get one. They eventually moved their practice facility to LA or San Diego or somewhere. Then the city/state caved in and built them Safeco Field.

Vikings moving would suck. If the league wants a team in LA so bad, they should expand instead of stealing some other city's team.

LA already stole their Lakers, now they're going to take the Vikings? That would be sad.

They got our clippers. :angry:

But as long as it is not the Bills I can live with it. I think Jacksonville should go considering there low attendance every year.

Honestly they don't even deserve a team because there was so much apathy toward expansion that the NFL decided to go with Houston instead even though they did all they could to get a team there.

LA shouldn't be rewarded for their failures with the Chargers, Raiders and Rams

The worst thing that I heard lately on this is in order to justify building a new stadium, they are going to need TWO teams!

LA already stole their Lakers, now they're going to take the Vikings? That would be sad.

"LA" didn't steal anything. The owners of the Minneapolis Lakers moved the team to Los Angeles. They didn't sell until later on, to Jack Kent Cooke, later the infamous owner of the Washington Redskins.

For the historical record: LA Rams began in Cleveland; Dodgers in Brooklyn; Lakers in Minneapolis; Clippers in Buffalo; Raiders in Oakland, and the Chargers in LA (so it would be fitting for them to move back). BTW, Al Davis claims the LA market is the property of the Raiders so that adds another element to the ongoing "NFL in LA" saga.

Could just be posturing to try to get that new stadium. When the Seahawks wanted a new stadium they said they were moving if they didn't get one. They eventually moved their practice facility to LA or San Diego or somewhere. Then the city/state caved in and built them Safeco Field.

Vikings moving would suck. If the league wants a team in LA so bad, they should expand instead of stealing some other city's team.

In order for a franchise to be successful in LA they have to win. It is a Laker town because the Lakers win. It has nice weather with things to do besides watching sports. An expansion team in LA would never work because nobody would want to go to the games. Bring in a team like the Vikings who already have a superstar to market in A.P. and you have yourselves luxury boxes being sold out to big name actors and so forth. There is a reason Jack Nicholson isn't sitting at the Clippers games.

However I agree, the fans always get screwed. It's a business and businesses are about money. the NFL wants a successful franchise in LA and if the NFL has ever been popular enough to pull it off, it is now.

San Diego to me will make the most sense for the 'moving an existing team to LA' way to get a team there.

No division realignment necessary, no need to change the team nickname or anything.

And also, reading this makes me think the wheels might be in motion already:

My link

People often say that the Metrodome is one of the worst stadiums in the NFL. Why is that?

I've heard everything from cramped concourses, lack of amenities for fans and players, and most importantly, no club seats. Mark Gaughan took every chance to take a shot at the Metrodome during his chat yesterday. In reality, there are only a few stadia left in the NFL that truly deserve replacing (mebbe the Q in SD and Candlestick in SF as well), and this is one. Had we had a dome built back in the 70s, we'd probably going through this discussion right now, but fortunately the Ralph will be good for a decade or two more. Renovating a dome is a much more difficult proposition than what we did in '98, so a new stadium is absolutely necessary for the Vikes to stay where they are.