Wikileaks under major attack

DrDawkinstein

Wikileaks has been dealing with and thwarting a major DDOS attack for the past couple of days or so.

The newest update makes it sound pretty serious...

Makes me wonder what Countries are working together on this. If I had to guess, I'd say US, Britain, and China.

Part of me is hoping it continues and Julian (the owner) puts up the key to his "Hostage Torrent". A while back he put up a huge torrent of some serious **** that no one should ever see that Wikileaks encrypted and put on bittorrent.

If he gets mad enough and releases the key to unlock it, then all those secrets are out there, and no one can stop them.

I also find it funny that Countries who have been enemies and have been spying on each other, and pulling lots of dirty stuff, will bond together against a common enemy that is threatening to expose all sides.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wikileaks has been dealing with and thwarting a major DDOS attack for the past couple of days or so.

The newest update makes it sound pretty serious...

Makes me wonder what Countries are working together on this. If I had to guess, I'd say US, Britain, and China.

Part of me is hoping it continues and Julian (the owner) puts up the key to his "Hostage Torrent". A while back he put up a huge torrent of some serious **** that no one should ever see that Wikileaks encrypted and put on bittorrent.

If he gets mad enough and releases the key to unlock it, then all those secrets are out there, and no one can stop them.

I also find it funny that Countries who have been enemies and have been spying on each other, and pulling lots of dirty stuff, will bond together against a common enemy that is threatening to expose all sides.

DDOS attack now exceeding 10 Gigabits a second.
:blink:

No wonder my PC is running slow...

Good that theyre under attack? Or good that theyre thwarting it?

Good that they're under attack. That dumb **** Assmange needs to get a girlfriend, so he can learn that the world requires a certain element of discretion when she asks "Does this outfit make me look fat?"

Why is it that the people who believe they have the right to know everything lack the capacity to know anything?

hey hey now! I was just hoping for some clarification on your one word response. I dont really care either way, but I find this "battle" very interesting. It's been a long time since someone took on a Government at a major level, let alone most Governments of the world!

If he were to give out that torrent key, how long do you think he has before he is killed?

hey hey now! I was just hoping for some clarification on your one word response. I dont really care either way, but I find this "battle" very interesting. It's been a long time since someone took on a Government at a major level, let alone most Governments of the world!

If he were to give out that torrent key, how long do you think he has before he is killed?

Not long. I don't think the US would gun for him (not in Europe, and not this administration under any circumstances), but Assmange has managed to piss off a LOT of countries now that don't have the same scruples.

The guy's a complete moron. He's going to end up triggering a war.

Or he can have an epiphany, settle down in a Chicago suburb, become a university professor and mentor a future POTUS?

I would say that Assange has done far more damage than Ayers ever dreamed of already. His potential has the chance to go much higher. What would be the consequences of a war in Korea? What with the casualties and the effect on the global economy and all.

The funniest part, the only reason the kid had access to the information was the Patriot Act and results of 9/11 and sharing information. Oh the irony! Our government is a corrupt cluster-f and they just do not want anyone to know how much.

4chan DDOS's all the time and gets major heat, the US gov does it and it's ok? If anyone visit /b go check it out, m00t dun goof'd.

I would say that Assange has done far more damage than Ayers ever dreamed of already. His potential has the chance to go much higher. What would be the consequences of a war in Korea? What with the casualties and the effect on the global economy and all.

Well, you already have a 3% drop on BoA stock based on supposed emails.

Who knows how much damage he can cause? Anarchists certainly made a doozy for Russia's imprint on the world from 1850's onward.

Status quo, he should be arrested and sentenced to 7 years of federal prison and banned from the internet for life. This is the average sentence of anyone who DDoS's

Devil's Advocate...

The servers are not in the United States and Assange is not a US citizen. What interest or jurisdiction does the DoJ or any states' Attorney General have?

Edited by /dev/null