Lee Evans

cantankerous

Some random thoughts...and facts.

-He looked scared to get hit this past week.

-I've NEVER seen him dive for a ball a little out of his reach.

-I've never seen him go up and FIGHT for the ball.

-He's only had double digit catches in a game ONCE in his career.

-His best game was in 2006 against Houston. 11 catches, 265 yards, 2 TD.

Thoughts?

Edited by cantankerous

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts?

Lets trade him then they can double cover Stevie and then we can watch his numbers plummit and then run him out of town in a year or so as well.

I ask you this. How many times does a receiver go over double digit catches in the entire NFL in a given year? I wuld bet it is barely 20 times a year if that.

After sticking up for Lee or She Evans in the past I`m done. Alligator arms and tiptoeing on crossing patterns everytime. I`m with the rest of you wanting to trade him. Buy Stevie a jugs machine for home and move on to seeing who can be our #2 receiver. I have faith in Chan to turn one of young guys into that.

This is the second time this week someone said Lee doesn't fight for passes. I know there are some posters here who remember Lee stealing a ball from one Darelle Revis and taking it to the house.

I am a LE supporter and yes he is having a disappointing season, but in my opinion Stevie is being targeted at least 3x as often as Lee. We all saw what Lee could do when Losman was locking in on him. Fitz seems to have a better chemistry with Stevie. Maybe with OTA's and training camp as a starter, Fitz can establish a similar rapport with Lee.

My thoughts on Lee Evans is this. He is amongst the best WR in the game on the fly route so if a team is scared of him two players most notably a safetey will keep on eye on him. Other than that, Evans is an 2-3 on depth chart when it comes to overall route running. He is not very good on slant patterns and crosses and the biggest problem I have with him is how he runs the curl route. He NEVER runs to the ball if it is a little late but just waits for it. This is another area where he doesn't fight for the ball because if the CB gets there, he is to the house for a quick 6. There is value in having two players pay attention to him but his overall skill set is more adequate to a number 2. His salary is the problem and not necessarily his production.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

you guys that are calling for evans head think about it. if stevie was number one and david nelson or whoever was number 2 the number 2 would probably have more catches because they would be doubling stevie. lee is doing his job if you dont double him then you have a speed guy just running past the corner and you could throw deep passes all game. also stevie is fitzys go to guy just like reggie wayne is paytons go to guy. you need to have a couple of good recievers o have a good pass game

Let him play out his contract and draft his replacement. He's still valuable and will kill you if you ignore him. But he doesn't have a high enough level of performance on a consistent basis to keep him at all costs.

Let him play out his contract and draft his replacement. He's still valuable and will kill you if you ignore him. But he doesn't have a high enough level of performance on a consistent basis to keep him at all costs.

I think his replacement (Easley) may already be on the roster. Taller, stronger, and only a tad slower. (Fingers crossed)

Thoughts?

He ain't all that and a bag of chips like a lot of fans here thinks he is , even when Carolina had bad QB play Steve Smith was making catches more times than not . Evans is fast but he can't seem to get open .

He is a glorified #2 when Moulds was here he took all the coverage away from Evans side of the field which made him a complimentary threat to Moulds but when he left that was pretty much it .

That is why i think while he still has value we need to use him in the draft to move around and get an added pick . Moss only brought a third right if we can get a third for him and dump his contract with Easley coming back into the fold with the receivers we already have the loss will be minimal !!!

We have to start thinking in terms of personel like the Pats do they have put the template out there it's just nobody has the stones to do it the way they do but maybe Kansas City & the Jet's heck & there nothin but a bunch of loser's ( Yah Right )

Do you black out during games, or just have a bad memory? I've seen him do both of those things.

Do you black out during games, or just have a bad memory? I've seen him do both of those things.

Name one time Evans tried to dive for a ball. When has he went up and fought for the ball? And please don't say the Jets game when Losman threw up that prayer...the DB's knocked each other down on that miracle. (Though it was awesome).