more wikileaks fun

....lybob

excuse me sir: can I have your autograph, and how about a cheek swab and a retinal scan

not mentioned in the video but of interest to me is the docs showing we support the Kurdish (separationist/freedom fighters/terrorists, depending on what side your on) in Turkey- another slap in the face of a moderate secular Islamic country and N.A.T.O member- Turkey has had a fairly pro-american government but it is one of those Democracies that we like in the abstract but often find a pain in the a$$ in reality.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we support the Kurdish (separationist/freedom fighters/terrorists, depending on what side your on) in Turkey-

Key point: depending on what side you're on. Hard to support the Kurds in Iraq without supporting them in Turkey. I'm sure Turkey's well aware of that, too (why do you think they refused access to US ground forces in the Iraq invasion?) That's pretty much no big deal...

...as long as it's not public knowledge. Having that public is going to hurt, big-time.

Any way we can get this !@#$ Assange?

I'm not a student of things Wikileaks, but I think getting Assange would be a little like plugging a tunnel to stop the flow of illegals in the US.

The larger concern I think is who, specificially, is giving Assange the documents?

I'm not a student of things Wikileaks, but I think getting Assange would be a little like plugging a tunnel to stop the flow of illegals in the US.

The larger concern I think is who, specificially, is giving Assange the documents?

Probably mid-level bureaucratic peons who aren't getting a piece of the pie from the organized criminal cartels that masquerades as legitimate governments and would like nothing better than start a s#!t-storm for the basterds .

Probably mid-level bureaucratic peons who aren't getting a piece of the pie from the organized criminal cartels that masquerades as legitimate governments and would like nothing better than start a s#!t-storm for the basterds .

Who probably should get the death penalty if any leak resulted in a direct loss of someone else's life.

Nice to see NYT & the like jumping to the same level of outrage as when Valerie Plame was "outed"

He who leaked the past few large batches is already under arrest. PFC Bradley Manning, an intel analyst. He brought CDs in to his office, and pretended to listen to music as he was copying documents to the blank CD.

Keep that in mind - how shamelessly easy it was for some yahoo to circumvent the security on highly classified documents by pretending to listen to Lady Gaga - the next time someone from TSA is grabbing your crotch.

This board fascinates me - I believe that if someone leaked documents that proved J.F.K. was killed by the C.I.A., that 9/11 was an inside job, that we have an agreement with extraterrestrials that allows quotas for anal probing and organ harvests, and that Dick Cheney heads a Satanic cult of pedophiles- that the majority of this board would be pissed at the leaker- unless Obama was one of the Satanic pedophiles then outrage would be split.

This board fascinates me - I believe that if someone leaked documents that proved J.F.K. was killed by the C.I.A., that 9/11 was an inside job, that we have an agreement with extraterrestrials that allows quotas for anal probing and organ harvests, and that Dick Cheney heads a Satanic cult of pedophiles- that the majority of this board would be pissed at the leaker- unless Obama was one of the Satanic pedophiles then outrage would be split.

Excuse me for being upset that someone broke a law (a pretty important one at that).

BillyBob, I'm not sure which leaker you'd like outrage addressed at. The one who leaked or the publisher. The leaker is a grade A loser but he's been under arrest for a long time.

The publisher of this **** is pretty much a similar loser.

If we're learning anything from Wikileaks, it's a lesson that you'd think everyone should already know. Don't put it in writing unless you want it to be found. It's time to think up some new ways to communicate messages. I always liked the melting paper towel dispenser in Get Smart.

He who leaked the past few large batches is already under arrest. PFC Bradley Manning, an intel analyst. He brought CDs in to his office, and pretended to listen to music as he was copying documents to the blank CD.

Keep that in mind - how shamelessly easy it was for some yahoo to circumvent the security on highly classified documents by pretending to listen to Lady Gaga - the next time someone from TSA is grabbing your crotch.

And i hope he is executed in a court martial for treason.

Rumors/speculation going around now is that PFC Manning is actually a homosexual and was angry at the military and was upset so he felt justified to actively undermine national security.

just speculation, but an interesting twist to this that hasn't been widely reported yet.

Ben Franklin would hate you.

Man Lybob, you are one swell and honorable guy who loves his country. :beer:

Hermann Goering agrees!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
Edited by conner

Who probably should get the death penalty if any leak resulted in a direct loss of someone else's life.

Nice to see NYT & the like jumping to the same level of outrage as when Valerie Plame was "outed"

I forgot who got the death penalty when Plame was outed and some of her contacts got disappeared.

Obviously he had the clearance level to get into the system as well as other security clearances. Bottom line is that if people aren't doing their jobs and watching the systems they are in charge of or are not placing documents in the correct place or not labeling them correctly it's easy to see how these things can happen.

Assange strikes me as a guy who is more a self promoter than a do-gooder. Frankly, if the worst he has on the US is the fact that diplomats were spying on people epic fail. All he has done is publish a bunch of confidential information which shows that we said bad things about international leaders. Good job there Assange, way to foster world peace.

It's an ill wind that blows no good... perhaps

But that government focus doesn't mean WikiLeaks won't embarass corporations, too. Since October, WikiLeaks has closed its submissions channel; Assange says the site was receiving more documents than it could find resources to publish. And half those unpublished submissions, Assange says, relate to the private sector. He confirmed that WikiLeaks has damaging, unpublished material from pharmaceutical companies, finance firms (aside from the upcoming bank release), and energy companies, just to name a few industries.

Whether and when those secrets come out is solely a matter of Assange's discretion. "We're in a position where we have to prioritize our resources so that the biggest impact stuff gets released first."

If the revelations are like these, I will root for his assassination all the harder.

I forgot who got the death penalty when Plame was outed and some of her contacts got disappeared.

Consdidering the main leaker never got indicted that's hard to say. But I'm sure you'll provide a link to the evidence that Plame's contacts in Europe got disappeared, especially when she wasn't in the field for years when she was outed.

Consdidering the main leaker never got indicted that's hard to say. But I'm sure you'll provide a link to the evidence that Plame's contacts in Europe got disappeared, especially when she wasn't in the field for years when she was outed.

Europe? she was working on WMD in Iran and Pakistan you know the A.Q. Khan's network.

It would have to be her since she outed herself to her neighbors. All of them knew she worked at the CIA as a desk jockey for years.

Like the massive Bush intelligence failures that lead us into the Iraq war, I won't hold my breath waiting to see who gets fired over this. Only in the US government do you have catastrophic failures where no one loses their job. Amazing.

Like the massive Bush intelligence failures that lead us into the Iraq war, I won't hold my breath waiting to see who gets fired over this. Only in the US government do you have catastrophic failures where no one loses their job. Amazing.

Not the same thing.

And the guy who leaked the documents is already under arrest and facing a court martial.

Not the same thing.

And the guy who leaked the documents is already under arrest and facing a court martial.

Not the same thing in that one was a failure of intelligence and one was a failure of data security. The same thing in that both were massive failures.

Why is no one in the federal government ever accountable?

I'll save GG time.

Those articles don't support the statement that she was in Iraq and Pakistan. Even worse one source contradicts her Pakistani involvement.

While many have speculated that Plame was involved in monitoring the nuclear proliferation black market, specifically the proliferation activities of Pakistan's nuclear "father," A.Q. Khan, intelligence sources say that her team provided only minimal support in that area, focusing almost entirely on Iran.

I'll save GG time.

Those articles don't support the statement that she was in Iraq and Pakistan. Even worse one source contradicts her Pakistani involvement.

I think ol' ...bobby has a problem differentiating "in" from "on."

Maybe there's a spot for him in the next Clinton administration.

Not the same thing in that one was a failure of intelligence and one was a failure of data security. The same thing in that both were massive failures.

And apples and bananas are the same thing because they're fruit.

They're not the same thing.

Why is no one in the federal government ever accountable?

They're called "votes".

And the guy who leaked the wikileaks documents is under arrest and facing a court martial.