Big Ben Super Flop

Mr. WEO

http://deadspin.com/5695624/heres-video-of-richard-seymour-punching-ben-roethlisberger-in-the-face

Now it's soccer?? He's been hit much harder than this. Seymour slaps the side of his helmet-he goes down like Monica Lewinsky.

Check out the "Ben slapped in face by Dick" comment.

Typical Raider football. When your team is getting its ass kicked in hit an unsuspecting player in the face right in front of the refs. There was a penalty called, ejection and a probable major fine for the stupidity. Hooliganism is not an example of smart football, it is the reason for losing football.

I'm no fan of Small Ben, but I don't think he flopped.

Please....he's been hit harder by DLs and LBs and stayed up. It was clearly a flop to draw the flag.

That was probably a legitimate reason for the ejection, but c'mon - this isn't hockey.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Please....he's been hit harder by DLs and LBs and stayed up. It was clearly a flop to draw the flag.

That was probably a legitimate reason for the ejection, but c'mon - this isn't hockey.

As above. It was an open handed slap to the helmet. Then he laid down on the ground for like half an hour.

Edited by Mr. WEO

After looking at the video again, that was no flop. Had he stumbled backwards and flailed his arms, or even hopped right back up after, I'd say yes. Seymour cold-cocked him and he went down instantly.

I agree. Remember this is Richard Seymour folks. Also Ben was totally unprepeared for it, and it looks like it went under his facemask.

Everyone who posted in this topic would have been knocked down as well. This is called a sucker punch. No way he fell down to draw a flag, as this would have been a flag either way

I agree. Remember this is Richard Seymour folks. Also Ben was totally unprepeared for it, and it looks like it went under his facemask.

Everyone who posted in this topic would have been knocked down as well. This is called a sucker punch. No way he fell down to draw a flag, as this would have been a flag either way

Yes, because we're all of the same physical stature as Roethlisberger. :blink:

Sure, it may have come as a surprise to him and I still think it was a legitimate reason to eject Seymour, but I still think it was a flop.

His hand clearly never goes under the mask--it slides off the side. Look again. He does "flail his arms".

Of course it was a sucker punch. Of course we would all go down. Ben is tougher than you and me.

Flopola. A Stanislavski, as Johnnie Most would say.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Well, it is a WEO thread. And dude HAS to be hating on someone at all times. so....

And he is apparently too stupid to hate on the right guy in this situation: Seymour. Of course, Seymour is a former Pat* and WEO is a Pat*'s nob gobbler.

http://deadspin.com/5695624/heres-video-of-richard-seymour-punching-ben-roethlisberger-in-the-face

Now it's soccer?? He's been hit much harder than this. Seymour slaps the side of his helmet-he goes down like Monica Lewinsky.

Check out the "Ben slapped in face by Dick" comment.

the way i understand it, ben told seymour that he would be meeting his wife & momma in the bathroom after the game. that is why he B word slapped the rapist