When you listen to Chan talk about Fitz....

zow2

you realize just how much Chan loves this guy and his ability to direct the offense on the field. I don't think we (fans) have any appreciation for the intricacies involved in being a successful QB and identifying coverages, calling out protection schemes, finding the "hot" receiver, etc..., let alone putting the ball in there. I think whatever rookie QB gets drafted by the Bills, he is gonna have an awful tough time earning the trust and faith of Gailey like Fitz has. I see Fitz being the starter here next season and probably longer (assuming Gailey is here).

you realize just how much Chan loves this guy and his ability to direct the offense on the field. I don't think we (fans) have any appreciation for the intricacies involved in being a successful QB and identifying coverages, calling out protection schemes, finding the "hot" receiver, etc..., let alone putting the ball in there. I think whatever rookie QB gets drafted by the Bills, he is gonna have an awful tough time earning the trust and faith of Gailey like Fitz has. I see Fitz being the starter here next season and probably longer (assuming Gailey is here).

While I understand Gailey's love for Fitz now, it was the same coaching staff that made Edwards the starter during training camp and into the regular season, before pulling the plug. Fitz has played very well, made some blunders that cost us games in the 4th quarter, but glad that he is directing this offense that is fun to watch. If only the defense can stiffen even a little bit, we could have probably come out with wins over Patriots, Baltimore, Kansas City and the Jaguars. The defense really lacks play makers and unless we can build around Poz and Williams soon, we will not be able to win these shoot outs often.

This is actually a really good topic, because with regard to all those folks who want Luck or Mallett in the next draft, you can bet ur ass that Chan WILL have SOME say in the process, and if you think he's gonna want to break up a partnership that's working then ur nuts. If Fitzy keeps improving and can show consistency, and we start stringing together some solid performances, Chan will probably try and block any move toward drafting a rookie QB.

Just my opinion.

SJ has emerged because of Fitz

roscoe re-emerged before being injured b/c of fitz

Our o-line has played insanely better b/c of Fitz

what has Fitz done to our 3rd down conversion %? converting 3rd downs with this offense is almost becoming a sure thing now...b/c of fitz.

you can bet your ars chan appreciates that.

Gailey said great things about Levi Brown before cutting him.

And he obviously meant them, which is why we re-signed him the minute Trent's ass was sent packing.

While I understand Gailey's love for Fitz now, it was the same coaching staff that made Edwards the starter during training camp and into the regular season, before pulling the plug. Fitz has played very well, made some blunders that cost us games in the 4th quarter, but glad that he is directing this offense that is fun to watch. If only the defense can stiffen even a little bit, we could have probably come out with wins over Patriots, Baltimore, Kansas City and the Jaguars. The defense really lacks play makers and unless we can build around Poz and Williams soon, we will not be able to win these shoot outs often.

Great point. Clean house now. Don't wait. This is unacceptable.

PTR

Great point. Clean house now. Don't wait. This is unacceptable.

PTR

That's right! If this coaching staff refuses to stand by their mistakes, I say we get rid of them!

I am not doubting his sincerity. It just is hard to predict what he will do based on his praise.

I see. The difference is that with Levi, all you have is praise. With Fitzy, you have praise AND you have evidence. The guy can play. He's still too mistake-prone, yes. But he's also still in his 20s and he's been a back-up most of his career. This guy still has a chance to evolve into a legit starter, IMO, and I'd LOVE to see that. He's like a poor man's Brett Favre without the penis pics. How many QBs have we had where we just KNEW there was no way we were going to make a comeback once we got down by 10, 14+ points? With a guy like Fitzy, you're NEVER out of the game. As long as their is time on the clock, this guy can make things happen when he's behind center. I love that about the guy.

Ive noticed a little man crush Gailey is developing for Fitz. I think he has impressed us all. Lets face it these not alot of 1st round talent at QB or tackle either for that matter. IMO we will be picking #3-6, Luck will be gone but we should be in great shape to grab the #1 DE or LB that comes off the board. Most all the top OT's in this years draft are being labled RT's in the NFL, there should be a good chance one might fall to us in the 2nd. IMO you may be looking at the same offense this year (with the exception of a free agent TE and Easley returning), that your looking at right now.

I think its all moot. Luck is either getting drafted #1 overall or staying in college, Mallet isnt worth our pick, and unless Vick is a FA fitz is the best option.

This follows one of my life philosophies: "Keep it Simple"

As much as I was disgusted by what Vick did, I do believe in 2nd chances. I think he'll be a pretty hot commodity if he takes this Iggles team into the playoffs and makes some noise. He'll deserve the attention and the money he gets, cause he seems to have done a sincere job of getting his **** together. That being said, one thing I learned when I was studying psychology back at the Temple U (OWLS, BABY!!!!) was that while people can often change their behavior, it's not really possible to change who they are in terms of their personality. I like to give others the benefit of the doubt, though :)

Edited by ajzepp

This is why I say draft Kellen Moore and give him a year or two to put some weight on and learn. Same kind of toughness, and can make all the throws. If he comes out, he goes in the 4th ish. We can still get a defensive monster to play alongside Poz.

This is why I say draft Kellen Moore and give him a year or two to put some weight on and learn. Same kind of toughness, and can make all the throws. If he comes out, he goes in the 4th ish. We can still get a defensive monster to play alongside Poz.

Yep, I would MUCH rather pick up a QB in the later rounds and let him learn on the bench a while. Use our first few picks on difference makers in the trenches.

Gailey said great things about Levi Brown before cutting him.

You have a good point and a missing point.

The good point is, I think Chan is all about performance.

Fitzy stops performing, or they bring someone in who Chan sees reason to believe would be better, he's sitting no matter how much Chan likes him.

The missing point is you need to listen very carefully to the exact words used by Chan.

He has never said the sort of concrete, positive things about Brown that he has recently said about Fitzy.

Things like "he has developed into a very good quarterback for us" "he knows I'm not going to lose confidence in him, that happens to everyone, it happens to the great ones".

Chanspeak was all vague, feel-good stuff about Levi "he understands the game" "you don't see any reason to believe he couldn't play at this level" yadda ya

Stuff where you stop and think about it, "what did he say, really? He never said he thought he'd be a very good quarterback for us and he CAN play at pro level"

Chan seemed to have a football coach man-crush on Chad Jackson during pre-season...he got cut!

I may get bashed for saying this, but I think the success of Fitz has more to do with Gailey than it does Fitz himself. I am seeing some incredible play calling from a coach that knows what he is doing offensively. Not that I don't appreciate what Fitz is doing, but I think he is what he is because of Gailey.

I partly agree. I don't think people are giving Gailey enough credit...but I also think Fitzpatrick has done a hell of a job...with, essentially, the same roster the Bills had the last 3 or 4 years...Fitz has balls, something we haven't seen in some time, behind center. So, I give him credit there...Chan could call the same game with Trent Edwards, and we would be 0-10, and getting blown out every week.

NO. he can put all the weight on he wants, but he can't grow another 4 inches. Kellen Moore cannot "make all the throws" - not even close. Lets not get all enamoured with 5'10" quarterbacks just because they're lily white and play for the lovable small school.