4 Second running play?

grog

Has anyone figured out how you can run the ball up the middle with 5 seconds left in the half, get stuffed, and still call a timeout with 1 second left to kick a FG, at that point I assumed the fix was in? I still don't believe that is possible.

I never saw a replay when Benson appeared to fumble and the ref scooped the ball up, we were like WTF, did that just happen, we never saw replay either to figure out if Benson was down or not? Did anyone else see a replay?

Has anyone figured out how you can run the ball up the middle with 5 seconds left in the half, get stuffed, and still call a timeout with 1 second left to kick a FG, at that point I assumed the fix was in? I still don't believe that is possible.

I never saw a replay when Benson appeared to fumble and the ref scooped the ball up, we were like WTF, did that just happen, we never saw replay either to figure out if Benson was down or not? Did anyone else see a replay?

When I saw that play I too said WTF. I rewound the DVR and rewatched that play and to me that looked like a fumble. I don't get why the announcers didn't say anything about that. I like the no call on Evans in the endzone when the defender was not even looking at the ball. Exact same play on Poz they call him for interference as they should.

There was some horrible officiating today, but at least we overcame it and pulled out the win.

ive never in my life seen a team able to run the ball with five second left and get a timeout before time expired. doesnt seem possible. a ref has to blow the whistle AAAND another ref has to be standing right next to somebody ready to acknowledge a timeout call. again, i dont even know how thats possible

ive never in my life seen a team able to run the ball with five second left and get a timeout before time expired. doesnt seem possible. a ref has to blow the whistle AAAND another ref has to be standing right next to somebody ready to acknowledge a timeout call. again, i dont even know how thats possible

"Just give it to them."

I get incensed pretty easily at the NFL officiating but this one was one for the ages- This guy was still getting pushed forward and backward (can anyone say "ravens' forward progress?) while Eddie the ump was saving marvin lewis's ass for not kicking the FG. Absolute total BS ruling. I have said for years that the NFL officials favor the teams who get good press and continually slap down the perennial downtrodden. I real like Chan but he should have protested that whole debacle to the point of getting tossed. He should have challenged the call (which I know is non-reviewable) just to torture them - he then should have kept calling time outs until he got penalized- then he should have chased eddie down ala bill cowher and ripped him a new one. The Bills will not get resspect from the officials until they embarrass one of the crews- if Buddy and the boys dont demand an explanation from the league office this week then shame on them too-

Not a snowballs chance and hell that the clock was stopped on a third down running play with 5 seconds to go - none whatsoever!

Not surprisingly, Ed Hochuli was the referee today.

creepiest avatar ever.

On the Benson fumble, I thought they ruled it as stopped forward progress? It was still ridiculous how it ended though.

the refs cheated.......

heads should roll over this....there is a reason teams don't run with 5 seconds left.

As other posters have stated - I've never even heard of anything like this

the refs cheated.......

heads should roll over this....there is a reason teams don't run with 5 seconds left.

As other posters have stated - I've never even heard of anything like this

Addendum - TEAMS DONN'T EVEN PASS WITH 5 SEC LEFT!!!!!

Hoculi and Co should be fired.

I get incensed pretty easily at the NFL officiating but this one was one for the ages- This guy was still getting pushed forward and backward (can anyone say "ravens' forward progress?) while Eddie the ump was saving marvin lewis's ass for not kicking the FG. Absolute total BS ruling. I have said for years that the NFL officials favor the teams who get good press and continually slap down the perennial downtrodden. I real like Chan but he should have protested that whole debacle to the point of getting tossed. He should have challenged the call (which I know is non-reviewable) just to torture them - he then should have kept calling time outs until he got penalized- then he should have chased eddie down ala bill cowher and ripped him a new one. The Bills will not get resspect from the officials until they embarrass one of the crews- if Buddy and the boys dont demand an explanation from the league office this week then shame on them too-

Not a snowballs chance and hell that the clock was stopped on a third down running play with 5 seconds to go - none whatsoever!

Maybe there's a fix and maybe Chan should have protested (I've never seen a head coach ejected from a game), but they SHOULD DEFINITELY send this to the league. The Bills won the game, so it's a moot point, but this has to be prevented with other teams - knowing our luck, someone like the Jets or Patriots will benefit from this.

At the end of the first half I was convinced the fumble and the awarding of :01 were both prime examples of getting Ed Hochuli'ed! The fumble being very reminiscent to his call of the Cutler fumble. Both calls were quick whistles. Notorious for Hocheli, he sucks.

They havent showed the replay, on fox, espn or network, because they know the fix was in ! The Bills stonewalled the play twice in a row and the half was over but the officals , and the league tried to !@#$ over the Bills. The clock operator should be fired and that official horse whipped ! But maybe that made the Bills determined to fight harder knowing that had to out play the Bungals in Cincy, since the refs were trying to screw em !

On the Benson fumble, I thought they ruled it as stopped forward progress? It was still ridiculous how it ended though.

Forward progress isn't reviewable, and I heard the whistle blowing. That one wasn't a bad move, but the extra second had me fired up. Thankfully it fired up our D too.

Agree on all points!!! Running w/5 seconds left was a slap at our run defense and they thought they'd score - and it was worth the gamble because they were up by 14. His forward progress WAS stopped with 1 tick on the clock, but he was still in the process of falling . . . so we are all to believe that someone, somewhere was standing on top of a referee calling a timeout whilst the runner was stopped, but still falling to the ground???? I hope to hear more on this from Gailey during the post game press conferences.

All that said, this happens to losing clubs, until they play well enough to overcome this crap - like we did today. Congrats to Chan & the team.

As a point of reference, see our late fumble at Baltimore . . . Detroit's Johnson catching a late TD against the Bears, getting 2 feet down, then his hand, but when his hand w/the ball hit the turf - incomplete pass. BS!!! But it's what happens to losers until they overcome it. Maybe we're on our way!!

Cincinnati get's "good press"? They are not"downtrodden"? Huh?

I have no problem with the running play ending with one second left. But who called time out? I never saw anyone call time out. If the ref had said the whistle blew (and I think it did) and someone called time out before 0:00, I would have been fine with it. Taking the clock back to one second was a joke.