4 Second running play?

grog

When I saw that play I too said WTF. I rewound the DVR and rewatched that play and to me that looked like a fumble. I don't get why the announcers didn't say anything about that. I like the no call on Evans in the endzone when the defender was not even looking at the ball. Exact same play on Poz they call him for interference as they should.

There was some horrible officiating today, but at least we overcame it and pulled out the win.

I believe there was a massive hold by STupar on the TD to complete the win and the Refs did not call it. The Bills won...Who cares.

the refs cheated.......

heads should roll over this....there is a reason teams don't run with 5 seconds left.

As other posters have stated - I've never even heard of anything like this

Addendum - TEAMS DONN'T EVEN PASS WITH 5 SEC LEFT!!!!!

Hoculi and Co should be fired.

TEAMS DON'T EVEN GO BACK ON THE FIELD WITH 5 SECONDS LEFT!!!

Edited by Mr. WEO

I have no problem with the running play ending with one second left. But who called time out? I never saw anyone call time out. If the ref had said the whistle blew (and I think it did) and someone called time out before 0:00, I would have been fine with it. Taking the clock back to one second was a joke.

I'm not sure who would have been able to call that timeout and I don't think they had time to do it, but everyone saying the play isn't possible should look at the play RIGHT BEFORE this play. 9 seconds left on the clock, run play up the middle, an immediate time-out, 5 seconds left on the clock.

When the 1 second was added to the clock the ref did say Cinci called their final timeout. Again, that last play took a little extra time as the pile was being pushed so I find it very hard to believe everything went down perfect enough for Cinci to call the TO, but it could happen.

the refs cheated.......

heads should roll over this....there is a reason teams don't run with 5 seconds left.

As other posters have stated - I've never even heard of anything like this

Addendum - TEAMS DONN'T EVEN PASS WITH 5 SEC LEFT!!!!!

Hoculi and Co should be fired.

A little off topic but.....

Anyone else notice this:

Imagine one of those fun-house/carnival photo stands that you put your face into the painted image of the circus strongman. Now imagine Playboy tycoon Hugh Hefner doing it. Would look just like Ed Hoculi.

Has anyone figured out how you can run the ball up the middle with 5 seconds left in the half, get stuffed, and still call a timeout with 1 second left to kick a FG, at that point I assumed the fix was in? I still don't believe that is possible.

I never saw a replay when Benson appeared to fumble and the ref scooped the ball up, we were like WTF, did that just happen, we never saw replay either to figure out if Benson was down or not? Did anyone else see a replay?

I was thinking the same thing. I called my son at half time to tell him what I had just seen as he wasn't getting the game. I was dumbfounded. I just don't see how it was possible to have the timeout called with the clock ticking down to zero and a pileup at the goal line. I have never witnessed anything like that before. Awful strange that noone on any of the highlight shows said anything about it either.

...only against the Bills.

Awful job out there today by the refs (with respect to BOTH teams).

Is it just me or has it been horrible since they reinstated Instant Replay. Seems like they are really blowing calls the past few years.