NASCAR blows....

The Poojer

apparently rules are in place to confuse the rednecks more than they already are....how does Denny Hamlin not win...and even worse...lose to someone who didn't lead a lap....hamlin came back from the 37th position to finish in the top ten...or close to it....bull crap.....hamlin should have had no problems holding the points lead....i like the chase idea...but holy crap....congrats to Midlothian's own....Denny Hamlin....great season!

unfortunately..."poor" and NASCAR cannot be used in the same sentence anymore....some of the rigs that fans roll up in are unbelievable....NASCAR sucked me in during my time in Richmond...while I never had a driver to follow until too late(Mr. Hamlin)....i still enjoyed the whole NASCAR atmosphere....

I know I am poor enough, but apparently not stupid enough, to enjoy NASCAR.

Congrats to Jimmie Johnson.

unfortunately..."poor" and NASCAR cannot be used in the same sentence anymore

Certainly not about the drivers either, which is where the South Park episode I was referencing missed the mark, IMO.

not familiar with the southpark reference...and i was only speaking from a fan point of view about the drivers...i could never get into the races i went to because i didnt have a driver that i followed...and without one, its only 40+ cars driving in ovals...with a driver to follow, i think NASCAR could be a hoot to watch.....

Certainly not about the drivers either, which is where the South Park episode I was referencing missed the mark, IMO.

apparently rules are in place to confuse the rednecks more than they already are....how does Denny Hamlin not win...and even worse...lose to someone who didn't lead a lap....hamlin came back from the 37th position to finish in the top ten...or close to it....bull crap.....hamlin should have had no problems holding the points lead....i like the chase idea...but holy crap....congrats to Midlothian's own....Denny Hamlin....great season!

The biggest problem with the chase is that 7 or 8 of the 10 races are at the cookie cutter 1.5 mile tracks which are Johnson's bread and butter. If they varied the chase races, Johnson wouldn't have won 5 straight.

That Happy didn't win pissed me off. I would have knocked out Jimmie. I listened to the race after the game driving back from Ohio. I was listening to Happy's radio when he spun out Kyle Busch. That was great, he goes "this wild man is going to try to come up on me."

Jimmie Johnson is destroying what is left of NASCAR that the switch from the Winston Cup did not already ruin.

That Happy didn't win pissed me off. I would have knocked out Jimmie. I listened to the race after the game driving back from Ohio. I was listening to Happy's radio when he spun out Kyle Busch. That was great, he goes "this wild man is going to try to come up on me."

Jimmie Johnson is destroying what is left of NASCAR that the switch from the Winston Cup did not already ruin.

I find it funny one man's excellence can ruin an entire sport. I find it funnier that you believe that.

I worker with somebody who is absolutely convinced that JJ is cheating and stealing a page out of Bellyache's Pats* playbook!

:wallbash: :wallbash:

The biggest problem with the chase is that 7 or 8 of the 10 races are at the cookie cutter 1.5 mile tracks which are Johnson's bread and butter. If they varied the chase races, Johnson wouldn't have won 5 straight.

And the America's Cup wouldn't have been the "America's Cup" for all those years (1857 to 1983: 126 years).

Maybe they can call it the "Jimmie Cup!"

So no, play to the champs "bread and butter" until one can dethrone them.

:P

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I worker with somebody who is absolutely convinced that JJ is cheating and stealing a page out of Bellyache's Pats* playbook!

:wallbash: :wallbash:

And the America's Cup wouldn't have been the "America's Cup" for all those years (1857 to 1983: 126 years).

Maybe they can call it the "Jimmie Cup!"

So no, play to the champs "bread and butter" until one can dethrone them.

:P

I loathe Jimmie Johnson, but he's not cheating. The guy's simply a hell of a racecar driver. But, he (smartly) plays for the chase all season. He screws off and is good enoguh to make the chase, and then turns it on on his bread and butter tracks. If there was more variance as there should be, Johnson would have won a championship or 2, but not 5 in a row.