Roll Call - Who would have preferred to lose?

The Senator

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's come back reminds me of the AFC playoffs in 1993 when the Bills came back and beat the Houston Oilers.

Then, the Bills actually had to play a real team in the Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

Result: 52-17.

Yes, but explain to us how that is relevant to today.

I enjoyed the game but still would have preferred a loss. The win will feel good for 7 days. Quarterback of the future would help the team for a decade. Flame away.

Thank you!!

Thank you!!

Thank you!!

But expect the "lightweight" short-sighted Bills fans on this board to rip you a new one. You see, you can't talk about the Bills future (draft pick) or AFC East competition, or when the Bills expect to be in the playoffs again.

You get labeled a troll, whatever that really is. Aren't we all trolls here?

I enjoyed the game but still would have preferred a loss. The win will feel good for 7 days. Quarterback of the future would help the team for a decade. Flame away.

The best predictor of winning next year is winning this year. don't believe me? Compare the records of teams in year A and compare them to year B. Does winning in year A correlate better with wining in year B, or does losing enough to get the #1 or #2 draft pick correlate better with winning in year B? What about year C?

If you don't think the Bills are smart enough to find an impact player at #2, #4, #9, #10, etc, what makes you think they will make the right decision at #1. The "lose to get a better draft pick" crowd is made up (I believe) of people who have essentially given up. People with no hope. People who lack vision.

Edited by The Dean

Can we stop this please? Anyone here who would have preferred to lose is NOT a Bills fan and there is nothing anyone can say to convince me otherwise! This is a team that is improving with superior offensive coaching. The defense needs a couple of linemen and a few linebackers but this is a young team getting better.

What he said. I remember thinking when the Bills got screwed at the end of the half that I would have been really really pissed off if I wanted a win this week.

Me.

Winning when you're out of the playoffs is losing because it hurts your draft position.

You play to win the Super Bowl ... not to win meaningless regular season games that hurt your draft position, and hence hurt the talent you end up having.

Their argument about 'carrying momentum into next year" and "learning to win" is complete BS. Miami went from 1 and 15 to playoffs next season. ATL went from complete shambles to playoff the next season after drafting Matt Ryan.

Me.

Winning when you're out of the playoffs is losing because it hurts your draft position.

You play to win the Super Bowl ... not to win meaningless regular season games that hurt your draft position, and hence hurt the talent you end up having.

Their argument about 'carrying momentum into next year" and "learning to win" is complete BS. Miami went from 1 and 15 to playoffs next season. ATL went from complete shambles to playoff the next season after drafting Matt Ryan.

U nailed it!!

Me.

Really????????????????? that's all you're concerned about? Why bother watching then? I enjoy watching games and winning. I guess we are very different.

Me.

Matt Ryan was not the first overall pick.