Roll Call - Who would have preferred to lose?

The Senator

You have to write your name on the score sheet before you can ace the exam. Ya gotta start somewhere.

I was more heartened by the fact they came back from 21 points down on the road, than the fact they beat another crappy team. THAT is cause for at least a little optimism, isn't it?

Really the only way this win can help us is if most of the players on the team today are on it when a 2-8 team gets it turned around. I find it unlikely, therefore the win today may become even more irrelevant.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really the only way this win can help us is if most of the players on the team today are on it when a 2-8 team gets it turned around. I find it unlikely, therefore the win today may become even more irrelevant.

We don't know who is going to be on the roster next year, but you can bet your ass that I want to see players who know what it takes to win and who know how to win and who hate to lose. What's real low on my list of priorities is who the Bills take as their first draft choice.

From a CBS sportswriter this evening:

Look, it takes a LOT to be out of contention in the NFL at this point -- only the Bills, Bengals, Lions, and Panthers can say they belong in a group that should purposely be trying to lose in order to land Andrew Luck shouldn't even consider the postseason an option.

let me add to the chorus: Anyone who doesn't appreciate a win like the one we had today should not be a Bills fan. You don't just win overnight. You build off of this year. You learn to win. You get your head out of your arse and understand that Fitz can lead a winning team. The guy gets better and better. Anyone who wants a rookie quarterback to come in here and lead us to another losing while he may or may not develop is not Bills fan. You don't need to be a history major to know that there is no sure thing in the draft. You also should be able to recognize that teams that go 1-15 are losers and develop a losing culture. yes, the bloody Dolphins turned it around for a year after going 1-15. So what? I'll tell you what, I'll take this team we have over the dolphins any day because this team has cuts, some legit playmakers on offense, and is on the upswing. Next week, instead of watching the Bills, go browse NFL mock drafts and have a good wank.

We don't know who is going to be on the roster next year, but you can bet your ass that I want to see players who know what it takes to win and who know how to win and who hate to lose. What's real low on my list of priorities is who the Bills take as their first draft choice.

Yes!

Winning now is better than building for the future.

But I'm not high on patience considering I've been forking over hundreds of dollars on Sunday Ticket and Bills gear to only watch the Bills every year only to be teased by Greggo, a bunch of Mularkey, and a Mauron every season.

Our record may be bad, but this team is more entertaining and competitive than anything I saw out of the prior coaches since Phillips.

This team is learning how to win.

Finally.

During the game when they were catching up, I thought "oh well, there goes Luck". But then I realized that is the beauty of the NFL. Our players are playing for the futures, and if they let up they may be done for good in their careers. Though we do need more talent and can afford to shed some dead weight (Stroud), I'll take wins over future draft position any day.

Edited by Red

Winning now is better than building for the future.

But I'm not high on patience considering I've been forking over hundreds of dollars on Sunday Ticket and Bills gear to only watch the Bills every year only to be teased by Greggo, a bunch of Mularkey, and a Mauron every season.

Our record may be bad, but this team is more entertaining and competitive than anything I saw out of the prior coaches since Phillips.

This team is learning how to win.

Finally.

During the game when they were catching up, I thought "oh well, there goes Luck". But then I realized that is the beauty of the NFL. Our players are playing for the futures, and if they let up they may be done for good in their careers. Though we do need more talent and can afford to shed some dead weight (Stroud), I'll take wins over future draft position any day.

:thumbsup:

When you look back, our only blowout losses were to GB & NJ. I still hang the Miami loss on Trent Fanning's refusal to throw down-field in the 4th quarter, and we squandered early leads against NE* & Jacksonville - but all 3 of those games were very winnable. Our 2-game win streak was preceded by 3 consecutive 3-point losses, heart-breakers at that - 2 in overtime, and the Bears loss by virtue of a missed Bills PAT and 2-pt conversion.

So while some ersatz-fans wax on ad nauseum about the Bills 'total suckitude' and a desire to 'lose-out' in hopes of finding salvation in April's draft, I just want to point out that our Bills are but a few mistakes and bad breaks away from a much different W-L record; the current 2-8 could easily have been 5-5 - or better - and we'd still in the playoff hunt with the roster we have now.

It looks like the team is just now starting to out it all together - just now figuring out how to win, instead of how to lose, and enjoying it.

This is the busiest travel week of the year - lots of displaced WNYers returning home to visit - I say we will beat Pittsburgh at RWS this Sunday.

No one comes into our house on Thanksgiving weekend, and walks out with a win.

Let the draft chips fall where they may, and let Buddy deal with that in April.

Edited by The Senator

You can't breed a culture and mentality of winning by intentionally losing!! Only losers want to lose.....I want winners on my team. It is absolutely asinine to play to lose in order to solidify better draft positions vs. building team chemistry, character and toughness and expecting the FO to make better picks with the draft choices they end up with. Not only that, it's a stupid business move. The fans expect to see improvement and hope for the near future before they will fill the stadium next year. I don't care who you pick with the #1 pick, if you go 0-16 or 1-15 the season prior and look really bad doing it, you will lose money for the next couple years as that franchise owner. Bad, bad, bad business! Expecting more from what you do have and make the most of it is good business.

I would love nothing more than to watch this team win out the rest of the season while showing steady improvement and STILL have a solid draft without the #1 pick. You gotta BILLieve!!!

:thumbsup:

When you look back, our only blowout losses were to GB & NJ. I still hang the Miami loss on Trent Fanning's refusal to throw down-field in the 4th quarter, and we squandered early leads against NE* & Jacksonville - but all 3 of those games were very winnable. Our 2-game win streak was preceded by 3 consecutive 3-point losses, heart-breakers at that - 2 in overtime, and the Bears loss by virtue of a missed Bills PAT and 2-pt conversion.

So while some ersatz-fans wax on ad nauseum about the Bills 'total suckitude' and a desire to 'lose-out' in hopes of finding salvation in April's draft, I just want to point out that our Bills are but a few mistakes and bad breaks away from a much different W-L record; the current 2-8 could easily have been 5-5 - or better - and we'd still in the playoff hunt with the roster we have now.

It looks like the team is just now starting to out it all together - just now figuring out how to win, instead of how to lose, and enjoying it.

This is the busiest travel week of the year - lots of displaced WNYers returning home to visit - I say we will beat Pittsburgh at RWS this Sunday.

No one comes into our house on Thanksgiving weekend, and walks out with a win.

Let the draft chips fall where they may, and let Buddy deal with that in April.

Screw you! Every year your say we are going undefeated and I believe you. :wallbash: You get my hopes up, only to have them shattered. From now on, I refuse to believe anything you say. :cry:

Now's your chance to explain, once again, why The Bills (and their fans) should have preferred a loss today.

Anyone? Anyone at all? Fall in and sound off...

Loved the win! Losing becomes a habit; nice to see the Bills play hard for 6o minutes, and earn one on the road. We've got a 2-game winning streak!

You think this team is turning it around next year?

They're 2 OT field goals and a week 1 Start by Fitzy away from 5-5.

You add some pass rush and lock down the right side of the line and that almost 5-5 could be 7-3 with those additions.

Playing out these next 6 games tough is going to be key to see if they can turn it around.

I think this team is already in the process of turning it around. It started with ditching Dick and took a big step forward with the release of Trent. They are now learning to play hard and win. Granted they have beaten two bad teams, but you have to start somewhere. Winning will pay off bigger dividends than any one particular player in the draft. While there may be one terrific player they miss out on, there is going to be more than one terrific player in the draft, particularly early in the first round.

They almost certainly aren't going to win the SB next year in any event. But they can be a solid competitive team IF they learn to win. And if the FO can figure out who to keep and who needs to go. That determination is best made when the team plays to win, and when it wins.

No.

They're doing that this year.

Screw you! Every year your say we are going undefeated and I believe you. :wallbash: You get my hopes up, only to have them shattered. From now on, I refuse to believe anything you say. :cry:

It'll be ' heaven ' in 2011!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Reverse the Curse!!!!! B-)