Mallett, Luck or Tebow

I have been watching all the highlights of Mallett and Luck (since they are apparently the 2 QB's everyone is concentrating on). Mallett has a nice arm, throws a long ball, accurate, but mobility is questionable (except for the dash up the middle for a TD with a spread offense). I watched his conference and he seems intelligent but passionless. Luck has better mobility, accurate at times, but it seemed alot of balls were underthrown on occassion or his receivers would have scored more TD's if hit on stride (rather than reaching back or diving). His conferences were intelligent, personable and he seems to have more passion for the game than Mallett (in my opinion).

Any thoughts on Tebow. The guy has shown he can grasp an NFL offense, he is quick, rugged, appears to have improved his throwing mechanics (but I'm no QB coach)...but he has a BUTTLOAD of passion for the game and has a good head on his shoulders. Jim Kelly loved this kid and with Kyle Orton, Denver may want to deal.

What I see in Mallett and Luck is two very good quarterbacks, but are they "franchise" Peyton Manning type guys?? I don't believe so. It may be better to look for a young QB with NFL experience (if Kelly liked Tebow, so do I)

I have been watching all the highlights of Mallett and Luck (since they are apparently the 2 QB's everyone is concentrating on). Mallett has a nice arm, throws a long ball, accurate, but mobility is questionable (except for the dash up the middle for a TD with a spread offense). I watched his conference and he seems intelligent but passionless. Luck has better mobility, accurate at times, but it seemed alot of balls were underthrown on occassion or his receivers would have scored more TD's if hit on stride (rather than reaching back or diving). His conferences were intelligent, personable and he seems to have more passion for the game than Mallett (in my opinion).

Any thoughts on Tebow. The guy has shown he can grasp an NFL offense, he is quick, rugged, appears to have improved his throwing mechanics (but I'm no QB coach)...but he has a BUTTLOAD of passion for the game and has a good head on his shoulders. Jim Kelly loved this kid and with Kyle Orton, Denver may want to deal.

What I see in Mallett and Luck is two very good quarterbacks, but are they "franchise" Peyton Manning type guys?? I don't believe so. It may be better to look for a young QB with NFL experience (if Kelly liked Tebow, so do I)

You are either a Troll, a christian extremist, or an idiot.

BUTTLOAD of passion, nice one!

Yeah, I bet they want to deal....

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Wait a minute...I thought the Bills would lose until we draft a 'franchise QB'? :unsure:

God, this place is confusing! :wacko:

Is it actually confusing that different people have different opinions?

Wait, you like Ryan Mallett? I'm totally stunned with confusion now because there are completely different posters on this message board that like Andrew Luck :blink:

How is that possible??? :unsure:

Luck is much more than accurate "at times". He's consistently accurate which cannot be said for Mallett. And lol @ thinking Tebow is more of a franchise QB than either Luck or Mallett. I just don't understand. Are you a Tebow homer or a Luck and Mallett hater?

Edited by Bangarang

Luck is much more than accurate "at times". He's consistently accurate which cannot be said for Mallett. And lol @ thinking Tebow is more of a franchise QB than either Luck or Mallett. I just don't understand. Are you a Tebow homer or a Luck and Mallett hater?

tebow is a merch/memorabilia salesman, that is his long-term career. Signing & Selling, not Passing & Winning.

Kiss Tebow goodbye after his performance Sunday with the Broncos, he's not going anywhere.

Depending on how the Bills finish, we could be faced with no options but to take Locker in the draft. This is not a real prize but we could take the best left tackle in the draft instead and draft quarterback in late round 1 or round 2. Given the choice between Luck and Mallet, I'll take Luck every day and twice on Sundays. If I'm left with Mallet, I won't be unhappy. If Dallas gets Luck somehow, I may have to commit ritual hari kari.

Broncos would never trade Tebow after just spending a first round pick on him, and especially not to Mr. Ralph "lol Denver panicked" Wilson.

Andrew Luck is the guy but the Bills are too incompetent to lose out and get that draft pick anyways. Even if they do get the pick they'll screw it up anyways probably.

Hell yea!!! We should have drafted him in the first place. We should have traded back and got some extra picks That we could have used on high round OTs and OLBs. Could you imagine what Chan "I can make any QB awesome but Trent" could do with Tebow.

Interesting...Look I'm not going to sit here and say Mallett is the most accurate QB in the world, but 67% completion while playing in the SEC is certainly not bad...I understand the whole completion % vs. accuracy argument floating around...But I gotta say...There is some SERIOUS over-Scouting going on around here concerning Mallett...It's the kind of stuff that happens every year with Prospects like Mallett who on the surface seem to good to be true...

The questions with Mallett today are the same as they were yesterday and last year...Does he have the drive, dedication, and love for Football that will allow him to be a great NFL QB? Can he handle the distractions and is he mature enough? Those are all legit questions and concerns with Mallett...Athletically, arm-wise, accuracy...not so much...He's no less athletic than Tom Brady...In fact he's way MORE athletic than Brady was coming out...He's a more accurate QB coming out of the SEC than Eli was...Not that he's the most accurate, but he shows plenty of accuracy along with his crazy arm-strength to be the #1 overall Pick in just about any NFL Draft...It's the intangibles that are going to decide Mallett's ultimate Draft fate...Not accuracy... B-)

The Bills will lose until that defense is dramtically better. I don't care who plays QB.

They use to say "the Bills will lose until the O-line gets better," now its this. Our D has been playing better, I can't say they have been keeping us in games, but they have been making them watchable not giving up a ton of points giving us a chance. This weekend the Defense was the only reason we were in the game IMO, our offense aside from Jackson was not very good. Fitz got rushed alot in the beginning but then our line settled down and gave him time and he was not very accurate either. If Evans didn't make a nice catch he would have had an Edwards type of day. I like the fact everyone is saying get a QB but the more I watch the college games and look at Luck and Mallet, I say if we have the first pick, trade down get a later first round pick and some thirds or seconds for it, take a defensive stud in the first round, get some O-line/D-line help in the second or third, and you can get a decent project QB for 2011 maybe even Johnson from (A&M) yes i know he got benched but this kid if you see him has an NFL arm and body, he does need some coaching though and Chan might be good for him, we also have Locker who is falling, and the kid out of Iowa Ricky Stanzi I like this kid in the late rounds also....

Broncos would never trade Tebow after just spending a first round pick on him, and especially not to Mr. Ralph "lol Denver panicked" Wilson.

Andrew Luck is the guy but the Bills are too incompetent to lose out and get that draft pick anyways. Even if they do get the pick they'll screw it up anyways probably.

I think you are selling them short.

They use to say "the Bills will lose until the O-line gets better," now its this. Our D has been playing better, I can't say they have been keeping us in games, but they have been making them watchable not giving up a ton of points giving us a chance. This weekend the Defense was the only reason we were in the game IMO, our offense aside from Jackson was not very good. Fitz got rushed alot in the beginning but then our line settled down and gave him time and he was not very accurate either. If Evans didn't make a nice catch he would have had an Edwards type of day. I like the fact everyone is saying get a QB but the more I watch the college games and look at Luck and Mallet, I say if we have the first pick, trade down get a later first round pick and some thirds or seconds for it, take a defensive stud in the first round, get some O-line/D-line help in the second or third, and you can get a decent project QB for 2011 maybe even Johnson from (A&M) yes i know he got benched but this kid if you see him has an NFL arm and body, he does need some coaching though and Chan might be good for him, we also have Locker who is falling, and the kid out of Iowa Ricky Stanzi I like this kid in the late rounds also....

If the Bills end up with the 1st or 2nd Pick in the Draft AND Luck comes out I would not be surprised at all to see Buddy try and re-live the 04 Draft...Trade down a few spots, grab some extra Picks, and still end up with Mallett...Right now that would be my personal best-case-scenario...But a lot can change in 6 Months... B-)

Andrew Luck

2009 162 288 2575 56.3 8.94 63 13 4 6 143.47

2010 208 299 2511 69.6 8.40 81 22 7 4 159.71

Ryan Mallett

2007 61 141 892 43.3 6.33 97 7 5 12 105.69

2009 225 403 3627 55.8 9.00 83 30 7 24 152.52

2010 212 315 2967 67.3 9.42 85 24 8 15 166.48

Now being 2 points better with a very easy schedule is not saying much you need to look at the hole package NO ONE wants a QB with an easy schedule since it means nothing when he puts up the #.