Andrew Luck

How can you personally guarantee he will be a Bill when there's a chance he won't be available to be drafted by the Bills. By the looks of things the Panthers and the Cowboys aren't even trying anymore. As bad as the Bills are, they're least trying.

Agreed. I have a feeling the cowboys & panthers will both be drafting ahead of the bills. Id imagine the cowboys would pass up on a QB, but the panthers would definitely jump on one.

How can you personally guarantee he will be a Bill when there's a chance he won't be available to be drafted by the Bills. By the looks of things the Panthers and the Cowboys aren't even trying anymore. As bad as the Bills are, they're least trying.

DOn't underestimate the Bills they will stay in games but lose in buffalo fashion... I can see them winning DET and CLE at best... and I don't see us beating CLE with McCoy managing games well... they will run all over us.

Agreed. I have a feeling the cowboys & panthers will both be drafting ahead of the bills. Id imagine the cowboys would pass up on a QB, but the panthers would definitely jump on one.

but the Panthers have Jimmy Claussen!

At this point, I don't care who we pick at number one as long as he becomes like a 10 time probowler and wins us a lot of games. Leave the maybin players for some other sucker team.

but the Panthers have Jimmy Claussen!

Sweeeeet. Then we can pick him off waivers!

Git er done buddy!

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

One would think that Luck was the second coming of peyton manning. Though I think he may be the best QB in this draft, that doesn't necessarily mean he's anywhere near ready for the NFL. What powerhouse team has Luck beaten? He plays in the defenseless Pac-10 where any QB can put up 350yds against the Sacramento State, Washington, and UCLA's of the world.

I just dont see him staying in Stanford for another year. If he knows he'll be a top 3 pick, he will come out, no doubt about it. There is just too much to risk not coming out this year. I will personally guarantee that Andrew Luck will be a Buffalo Bills by April.

If owners know they are going to lockout players why would they sign and pay huge money to rookies that won't play?

They don't lose anything by waiting to the Lockout is over to sign rookies, they own the rights until February.

Luck has 3.2+ GPA in an Engineering degree at Stanford. He is too smart to get caught up in the nonsense.

I guarantee he will be wearing Stanford colors next year.

The Panthers are in an interesting situation. They obviously drafted Clausen but lets not forget they drafted Pike too. They got rid of Delhomme and paved the way for either Moore, Clausen, or Pike to emerge. They would be seriously turning their back on this commitment by drafting a QB in the first round next year. But certainly Fox is on his way out as head coach, and could the new coach want to turn the page? I would think that if Fox and Hurney (GM) are both fired, there's a real possibility of them being a competitor in the draft for a QB. If Hurney is retained he and the new head coach may have to live with the choices already made. It will be interesting to see how this situation manifests itself should they be ahead of us in the draft order.

One would think that Luck was the second coming of peyton manning. Though I think he may be the best QB in this draft, that doesn't necessarily mean he's anywhere near ready for the NFL. What powerhouse team has Luck beaten? He plays in the defenseless Pac-10 where any QB can put up 350yds against the Sacramento State, Washington, and UCLA's of the world.

You make a good point. I do not think he's like Peyton Manning, but I think he is the best QB in college. When you watch Luck play, there is a certain quality about him that sets him apart from other QB's.

I think he has all the intangibles a QB should have, he may not have the greatest arm, but he definitely has a lot of qualities to be very successful in the NFL.

It's true that the Pac-10 defenses are not the strongest in the country. Oregon is a very strong team, yet they do surrender a lot of points. Yet that should not discount Luck's ability as a QB.

By comparison, Jake Locker is in the Pac-10 as well, and he is'nt exactly lighting it up in this conference.

Is Sacramento St. really in the Pac-10?

I just dont see him staying in Stanford for another year. If he knows he'll be a top 3 pick, he will come out, no doubt about it. There is just too much to risk not coming out this year. I will personally guarantee that Andrew Luck will be a Buffalo Bills by April.

And I will personally guarantee that - while he won't be "a Buffalo Bills by April" because he'll be staying at Stanford his senior year (and junior season of football) - he will at least make it across the San Mateo bridge to Hayward and be AT...

Buffalo Bill's

... by April, having recently celebrated his 21st birthday and now able to legally enjoy a beer in California.

Anyone who thinks this youngster is 'NFL-ready' and won't get killed in the big leagues if he comes out next year is living in a fantasy world. Fortunately, Luck knows this because he's smarter than his fan-club, and will stay in school to get his degree - along with another year of experience and maturity.

(I will also personally guarantee there will be at least 6 new "Andrew Luck" threads in the next 24 hours. :rolleyes: )

That would be nice, but we all know the Bills haven't any Luck, and they don't seem likely to have any any time soon.