The Two-Year Plan To Kick Some Ass

It's not likely you'll read these words from me very often, but if you haven't seen it yet, you should read this incredibly great read from the NY Times entitled Democrats Outrun by a 2-Year G.O.P. Comeback Plan.

Forget whether you are far to the left or far to the right, you fully have to appreciate how a bunch of people -- upon getting their ever-loving asses handed to them in November 2008 -- immediately circled up to begin a two-year plan to take back the House.

They ultimately refer to catching the left off guard by making them play "nuclear whack-a-mole." By the time I got to the part about Barney Frank being surprised that anyone would even consider his seat in play, I found myself thinking of the last scene in "The Three Amigos," where El Guapo and his men go into the town of Santa Poco, only to be thrown off by the townspeople dressed up in Three Amigos outfits.

"Amigos are everywhere, El Guapo!"

If you prefer, take politics out of it and appreciate how a group of people, publically left for dead on the covers of Time and Newseek, wasted not a minute plotting their return. In the end, they crushed the opposition with a 60-seat gain in Congress, 6-seat gain in the Senate, 10-seat gain in the governorships and at last count, an astonishing 600+ seat gain in state legislatures comprising a 19-state gain, just in time for the release of the new census numbers.

Left or right, it doesn't matter. You have to appreciate the strategy.

Interesting read but if the current administration hadn't walked into an economic meltdown then you wouldn't have seen half the turnover you saw on Tuesday. If the economy continues to rebound and the job outlook is good then Obama will have a cake walk into his second term.

"It's the economy stupid"

It's not likely you'll read these words from me very often, but if you haven't seen it yet, you should read this incredibly great read from the NY Times entitled Democrats Outrun by a 2-Year G.O.P. Comeback Plan.

Forget whether you are far to the left or far to the right, you fully have to appreciate how a bunch of people -- upon getting their ever-loving asses handed to them in November 2008 -- immediately circled up to begin a two-year plan to take back the House.

They ultimately refer to catching the left off guard by making them play "nuclear whack-a-mole." By the time I got to the part about Barney Frank being surprised that anyone would even consider his seat in play, I found myself thinking of the last scene in "The Three Amigos," where El Guapo and his men go into the town of Santa Poco, only to be thrown off by the townspeople dressed up in Three Amigos outfits.

If you prefer, take politics out of it and appreciate how a group of people, publically left for dead on the covers of Time and Newseek, wasted not a minute plotting their return. In the end, they crushed the opposition with a 60-seat gain in Congress, 6-seat gain in the Senate, 10-seat gain in the governorships and at last count, an astonishing 600+ seat gain in state legislatures comprising a 19-state gain, just in time for the release of the new census numbers.

WoW!!

I have a new level of respect for Karl Rove, Boehner, McCarthy and Cantor. Conviction and tons of intelligence, that's all I gotta say.

Interesting read but if the current administration hadn't walked into an economic meltdown then you wouldn't have seen half the turnover you saw on Tuesday. If the economy continues to rebound and the job outlook is good then Obama will have a cake walk into his second term.

I doubt it. Economy won't be too much better than what it is today, specially considering their economic policies that are in place and the deleveraging on the state/local government level that still hasn't fully developed that will play out over the next few years. Pretty soon people will be bitching about high gasoline prices and they will blame the president.

Also, I do agree that the economy is the main concern, but people are also worried about the debt and the governments overreach. I believe the damage has been done, unless Sarah or Newt doesn't run against him, he will be a one term president with even more house and senate losses.

I can't add much more than what Magox did, but I will add this: regardless of all else, it had to start with a plan. They got off the mat when everyone thought they were down, and devised a plan.

Eliminate that first step and you eliminate the gains.

Interesting. Very first response is a "blame Bush". For a GOP house take over!

Continues to rebound? What planet are you living on? Government has yet to demonstrate that they "get it."

Edited by Cheeseburger_in_paradise

I doubt it as well. First of all, Obama is out of ammo. He shot all his rounds down range already. If the economy gets worse, he loses. If it stays the same, he loses. If it gets better, he will only be able to claim partial credit. He will be competing with the Republicans in the House, and, with the perception that the economy got better on its own, without his help.

WoW!!

I have a new level of respect for Karl Rove, Boehner, McCarthy and Cantor. Conviction and tons of intelligence, that's all I gotta say.

I doubt it. Economy won't be too much better than what it is today, specially considering their economic policies that are in place and the deleveraging on the state/local government level that still hasn't fully developed that will play out over the next few years. Pretty soon people will be bitching about high gasoline prices and they will blame the president.

Also, I do agree that the economy is the main concern, but people are also worried about the debt and the governments overreach. I believe the damage has been done, unless Sarah or Newt doesn't run against him, he will be a one term president with even more house and senate losses.

Hey take a look at this guy: Mitch Daniels. Based on what you have been posting here, this is your man in 2012.

He raised taxes to erase debt.

Got spending under control and removed a whole lot of useless government people

Fixed the budget.

THEN he cut taxes, capped property taxes, and even increased education spending in this economy.

This guy crushes Obama based on that record right there. I can hear it now:

He is reasonable, Obama is not

He is willing to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done, Obama is only willing to push his crap ideology

He has taken on his own party and risked low popularity to get results, Obama takes on the American people instead

This guy is definitely "TEA party" accessible(see willingness to cross Republicans if it means results), but he's also not a loon. He's got a 70% approval rating, won his last by 17 points, he ran the OMB, and served as a division president at a Fortune 500. He even got busted for pot in college. :D

(Bah, FOX is now putting him on as I write this. Bastards, I thought I was way ahead of the curve on this. And yes, for the retards, I watch Bret Baier's show because it is hands down the best analysis you will find.)

Edited by OCinBuffalo

What would Brian Boitano do

If he was here right now,

He'd make a plan

And he'd follow through,

That's what Brian Boitano'd do.

When Brian Boitano was in the olympics,

Skating for the gold,

He did two Salchows and a triple lutz,

While wearing a blind fold.

When Brian Boitano was in the alps,

Fighting grizzly bears,

He used his magical fire breath,

And saved the maidens fair.

So what would Brian Boitano do

If he were here today,

I'm sure he'd kick an ass or two,

That's what Brian Boitano'd do.

So they used a song from South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut for inspiration?

He would have never gotten elected if it didn't start just before the election.

I like that! "The Two-Year Plan to Kick Some Ass."

Got that trademarked yet?

I take we wil be hearing a lot of that plan... Has the same ring as: "Most Ethical Congress."

I can't wait to see how it plays out.

We'll guess you saw a thread title, read nothing, decided you knew what it was about, and made a comment, explaining how you came to end up looking like a dumbass.

We'll guess you saw a thread title, read nothing, decided you knew what it was about, and made a comment, explaining how you came to end up looking like a dumbass.

No. You are the dumbass because you thought I was talking about the Republicans. LA Dude, I was knocking the Dems. YOU are such a partisan hack... Your slip is showing you dirty girl.

Strategy was simple... rebrand the Republican Party aka Tea Party make it look new. Then use the same scare tactics on certain demographics (Seniors, Small Business people, etc.) and sell it like the "new" Tea Party is different than the Republican Party. They did a great of that. Funny thing is that the Tea Party most likely cost the Republicans a few seats.

Strategy was simple... rebrand the Republican Party aka Tea Party make it look new. Then use the same scare tactics on certain demographics (Seniors, Small Business people, etc.) and sell it like the "new" Tea Party is different than the Republican Party. They did a great of that. Funny thing is that the Tea Party most likely cost the Republicans a few seats.

That is false. You don't keep up with politics the way I do, because if you did then you would know that the majority of the tea party movement is at the grassroots level. They are very anti establishment and if you had been paying attention many of the establishment republican choices got their asses handed to them by the grassroot tea party supported candidates. You probably didn't know that most of the money that their campaign received was from small donors unlike Democrats and Republicans who recieve large sums of money from the special interest groups. Yes, it is true they supported Republican candidates this election cycle, because a TRUE conservative candidate espouses the values of the intentions of tea party movement which is a movement that is concerned with smaller government, lower taxes, less spending, less regulations and more personal freedom. The GOP had become extremely unpopular because that was SUPPOSE to be their platform, but they had lost their way.

The tea party movement is energizing a base of small-dollar donors that is turning its grass-roots fervor into financial sway in the Republican Party — borrowing from the online fundraising techniques perfected by its liberal rivals.

The GOP has a long history of collecting small checks through direct-mail pitches, but this new batch of donors who are giving largely online played a role in reshaping the Republican primary field by helping to topple establishment favorites. Their checks of $50, $25 or even smaller amounts have helped generate more than $20 million for three conservative PACs that are playing influential roles in the general election and are poised to do so again in 2012.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/44414.html#ixzz14MiU1oAK

Sure, there have been some establishment GOP operatives who have tried to ride the coattails of the Tea Party movement ,But generally and largely speaking you couldn't be more wrong when you say that they rebranded themselves into the Tea Party movement, that is flat out false.

There is a tremendous shift in women that have now entered into the tea party movement. Women have traditionally been democratic voters, well that changed this time around. And a large reason is because of the Tea Party movement, it has brought on an incredible energy and has moved many independent voters now referring themselves as Tea Partiers.

Women are voting 49-49 percent for Democratic vs Republican House candidates. President Obama won women by 13 points in 2008. This is the best for Republicans among women in national House vote in exit polls since 1982.

The reality PBills, as much as you will hate to hear this, but more people in our country share the Tea Parties valuesthan either party.

The loosely organized group made of up mostly conservative activists and independent voters that’s come to be known as the Tea Party movement currently boasts higher favorability ratings than either the Democratic or Republican Parties, according to the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll coming out later today.

More than four in 10, 41%, of respondents said they had a very or somewhat favorable view of the Tea Party movement, while 24% said they had a somewhat or very negative view of the group. The Tea Party movement gained notoriety over the summer following a series of protests in Washington, D.C. and other cities over government spending and other U.S. economic policies.

Meanwhile, the Democratic Party, which controls both the White House and Congress, has a 35% positive rating compared with a 45% negative rating.

The Republican Party identifies closest to the Tea Party movement’s ideology, but the group has also caused splits within the GOP. Republicans currently hold a 28% favorability rating compared with a 43% negative one.

As you know, I come prepared with the facts and the facts do not support your statement.

Then there is the problem with Maria Illinois:

(In my best Shake-n-Bake voice) Liberals win and I helped! Well, not me personally.

"First, let us be clear: Pat Quinn won. Second, progressive, conservative, and tea party voters helped him do it."

"The race is over in Governor's favor because liberals "came home" and a small chunk of conservative and tea party voters sided with the long-time liberal Quinn. At the last possible moment -- election day -- a chunk of disenchanted progressive abandoned their flirtation with Brady, Illinois Green Party candidate Rich Whitney, and to lesser extent independent Scott Lee Cohen."

:w00t::doh:

When the Republicans Party loves the Republican Party more than it loves American, the Republican party can get things done for the Republican Party.

So true. Quite the selfish bastards the Republicans are. Yeah, the Dems are up there... But not on the Republican level of douchebaggery. Like I said, the Repubs. don't know when to give up... And the Dems give up and compromise their beliefs too easily. I wish there were a happy medium.

So true. Quite the selfish bastards the Republicans are. Yeah, the Dems are up there... But not on the Republican level of douchebaggery. Like I said, the Repubs. don't know when to give up... And the Dems give up and compromise their beliefs too easily. I wish there were a happy medium.

Nancy Pelosi threw the entire free market system under a bus in 2008, simply because she didn't want to give the Republicans any credit for passing bipartisan TARP legislation.

Keep pretending they're not equally assholic.

Nancy Pelosi threw the entire free market system under a bus in 2008, simply because she didn't want to give the Republicans any credit for passing bipartisan TARP legislation.

Keep pretending they're not equally assholic.

The best outcome of this election is it's the end for Pelosi. She reminds me of a former co-worker: if you wanted to make sure something got f&^%ed up, you put him in charge.